Seasonal whispers reset progress constantly

After completing the campaign with a seasonal character and unlocking the tree of whispers, I’ve found that the entry level whispers do not save progress past 1.

Harvest: Caldeum - no matter how many orbs you pick up it’s alwas 1/100
Cull Caldeum Knights - I’ve had progress go up to 2/50 but even as I’m typing now it’s back down to 0/50.

I have not left the area. I am on world tier 2.

12 Likes

i am also having this bug

5 Likes

It’s worse than I thought. It’s a bunch of whispers on the map just flicking in and out of existence.
I also collected 100 for Harvest: The Scarred Coast and I can’t turn them in to the altar. why are these so broken. Theres also a plethora of whispers on the map that aren’t actually there in reality. Such as t he lunar shrines or some cellars

2 Likes

Same problem here, but not for me; my friend has this issue. As soon as I enter his party, I got it as well though. Whispers fade in and out of the map. Collected motes for any whisper resets every 3 seconds. Whisper progress resets to 1 every few seconds. I am having no issues, but he does, and his party basically is cursed :smiley:
He is doing the tutorial quest for whispers, so he was world tier II. We did the capstone dungeon, switched to tier III, and the whispers are still bugged. Also, he is seeing different whispers than I do, and all the only available whispers for him are at a keep in caldeum.

3 Likes

I also have this problem constantly. Whispers are no longer possible for any of my characters.

4 Likes

Also experiencing this with multiple whispers resetting their progress randomly. Really frustrating

4 Likes

WORKAROUND FOUND!
Sooo, my buddy found out that certain whispers were still working. Motes and Dungeons did not give whisper progress, but cellars for example did. He kept doing those until he reached the full 10, turned in the quest at the whisper tree, finished the tutorial quest by talking to an NPC and NOW the whispers are working as intended again. Maybe use this as a work-around until this annoying bug is fixed!

3 Likes

idk what fixed it for me, after a turn in at the tree I still had this issue. I’m in WT3 now and just not having the problem anymore.

well the problem was gone for my buddy, but now I got the issue right now… not locked onto one region, and Im in world tier 3, so, yeah, no idea what causes this nor how to fix it

1 Like

I did a “scan and repair” that did nothing. Eventually I did a complete reinstall - that fixed it for a few hours, then the problem cropped up again.

I should add that I’m on the Eternal realm - this is not a season problem.

2 Likes

seems to pop up in wt2

2 Likes

same problem (eternal realm), randomly changing WT from 1 to 3 does not change anything with the bounties not working

2 Likes

This is still a thing

1 Like

We’re now in March and this bug is STILL here. This is infuriating and effectively doubles the time it takes to complete the Tree of Whispers since I can’t complete anything that requires killing or collecting a required amount.

Multiple updates and patches later, WHERE IS THE FIX BLIZZARD?!

3 Likes

+1 experiencing this.

I found this thread searching for what could possibly be going on. It’s discouraging that it’s such a highly visible customer-facing bug and hasn’t been patched.

3 Likes

Same here. I may initially get as many as 50-70 eligible Harvests and the next time I look, the counter is back in the single digits. At that point, I can get it to advance to 3, 4, sometimes 5 in quick succession, but once the immediate Harvesting is over, the next glowie orb starts the counter back at 1. I see this happening regularly. Not all the time, mind you, but often enough that I just give up on Whisper events at that point and focus on other activities.

1 Like

It happens in Season, as well.

1 Like

Same problem here-random areas not working every day. Frustrating and time wasting.

2 Likes

Same issue as the others here. Very annoying and really effects gameplay. ALL of the harvest whispers reset for me.

3 Likes

Is there any way for Blizzard to fix this? You can’t sell a game that doesn’t work.

3 Likes