Seasonal resets must be gone

Oh, they would certainly understand.

70B purchase is a very far down list? The shareholders in Microsoft is not 20 IQ. You haven’t check Game Pass page which Diablo 4 took the most prominently page there.

Of course Microsoft just want Call of Duty in the acquisition, but in the corporate world everyone has to perform and justify its existence.

If you watch diablo immortal should you play videos, a lot of reason those people suggest you to play immortal is because you don’t have to reset your characters constantly like you have to in diablo 4.

Let Blizzard make this statement ok? Stop play Diablo 4 if you don’t like the reset. Make a petition, ask them announce this in Twitter. So we can put all this discussion to an end.

The crazy thing about you reset defenders… is if they removed it we would get actual content instead of hey here’s a new season with a new UI to grind out.
Instead we’d get raids,battlegrounds, new bosses,.

And you could still reset every season if you wanted to

1 Like

You need to scroll up the post before you call me a reset defenders. You are like calling Donald Trump a defender for illegal migrants. :no_mouth:

Yeah mb man i just don’t understand their big obsession with this seasonal format.

Like go play diablo 3 if you want this minimal effort ui season system.

Can diablo 4 move to the future and follow a more modern system.

That’s what the subject of this thread is about. As the thread is feedback from their customer to Blizzard, I am not sure what is the reason those reset defenders throlling here. Like their opinion really matters as everybody has made up their mind.

I do not even think this thread will influence Blizzard in the seasonal design. For me this is just post-mortem information for Blizzard to check why they are losing a large amount of players. Why there is very little new player sign-up in Game Pass even D4 was given a prominent place on their game catalog.

For me, reset is a boring game mechanic. It goes against human nature like we don’t reset our academic results every 3 years so we can try a new path.

I already plan to stop playing D4 4 weeks after S4 as Elden Ring DLC launched and would not return unless some dramatic change in the seasonal mechanic.

The gus who don’t like seasonal resets, (probably mainly mmo gamers) why don’t you go play Diablo: Immortal? It’s available on PC also. If you igore pvp, you can ignore the P2W. All in all, suck it up, if you don’t like how D4 handles seasos, than it’s not the game for you (because it’s not an mmo), just deal with it and move on. It happened to every one, there’s no shame in it. If you like the mmo style seasons, go play mmos, D4 borrowed very, very, very, very few mmo elements, but it still doesn’t make it an mmo. Sorry.

3 Likes

You haven’t thought this through. The content they create could in this case then be focused on improving max level characters.
Theres no guarantee you’re going to be finished with the new content quickly if they make something interesting that would take a long tme to finish.
The lack of imagination amongst the seasonal-crowd is quite astounding.

1 Like

Is it the crowd’s lack of imagination we should be worried about?
Over 6 years in development, and we got pretty skimpy content at launch.

Sure it would be nice to get more content…but based on what you have seen so far, what is convincing you, there would be so much of it?

You’re right, of course.
The developers are to blame for most of the frustration. Even though I enjoy the game to a certain extent, I haven’t been so disappointed since the early D3-days.

This gets brought up every time new players come into the game and see this stupid ground hog day feature. But good luck trying to get thru to this unimaginative niche group who think D2 and its clones are the only arpgs that exist.

4 Likes

Seasonal servers are important, though that doesn’t mean they can’t give some or all seasonal stuff to eternal, at least the battle pass for cosmetics.

For the moment LE is having seasonal content on both standard and cycle servers, but they did say it’s not guaranteed for the future.

2 Likes

Every time, without fail, we always end up right back where we started.

You guys want an MMO, so you should go play an MMO.

They actually said future seasons would feature exclusive themes.

Try to read the sentence again :slight_smile:
Diablo is far down the list of the $70B purchase.

Well, some of them probably are at low IQ, would be weird if they were not (not literally 20 though, since that would be incredibly low).
Besides, IQ and ability to understand what is and what is not a good deal are likely not strongly correlated, in any way. Low IQ people can very well make great deals, high IQ people can easily make horrible deals.

That and Candy Crush.

Not entirely true, but more importantly, yeah, Blizzard will presumably have to justify its existence AFTER the purchase, but that is irrelevant for the purchase itself, since MS could not buy ATVI without getting Blizzard as part of the package.

LE didnt exactly set the world on fire and they are a small indie studio. Of course the future isnt guarenteed.

Diablo 4 is an MMO, more specifically it’s an MMOARPG (as opposed to an MMORPG).
MMO = Massive Multi-player Online.

In fact - it is listed on the MMORPG website…

Is it 12 people per shard?
Tbh, that is not remotely close to be massive.

1 Like

If it is 12 Druids, it is pretty massive. :hamster: :popcorn:

3 Likes