Seasonal resets must be gone

1. 3 month seasons on a seasonal realm, this additional content is funded by battlepass.
  2. No additional content aside from paid expansions every few years.

Pick one.

No, you can’t have your cake and eat it too.

1 Like

Lol okay, so instead of having to balance the game around 17 different seasons, they only have to do 16. My bad.

Yeah I mean, they wouldn’t have to do that if they didn’t want to, but the game would likely break at the seams if they didn’t allocate more resources towards their baseline systems.

Destiny 2 goes through regular itemization reworks each expansion because of this very issue, and even that hasn’t been enough. I really don’t think you understand the complexity of itemization systems and just how easy it is for those systems to become overwhelmed if bloated.

Because the point of the game is to play seasons. You play eternal realm when/if you don’t like the upcoming seasonal content. Otherwise, you play on the seasonal realm.

1. New content every 3 months for both realms.

Yes I can.

2 Likes

That requires option

1. b Pay for it yourself.

if its not mmorpg then Blizzard shouldnt have added to many MMORPG elements, as simple as this. D4 doesnt even have offline mode…

After each seasonal journey concludes, most of the unpopular mechanisms will naturally be phased out or closed, and some items will be designated as permanent legacies for the next seasonal journey. This would significantly reduce the issues you mentioned! It all depends on the mindset of the designers, or perhaps it’s intentional laziness turning a blind eye!

“D3 is a game with an Auction House, and it’s not gonna change”
“D4 is a game with a Renown system that resets in each season, and it’s not gonna change”
“D4 is a game with increased chance to crit if its raining, on a Tuesday, and it’s not gonna change”

Would definitely pick #2

However, it is a false dilemma.
Adding battle passes (and the new temporary gimmick content) to eternal would reach more players, Blizzard would make more money, so they could make more content (or buy more yachts).

Indeed.

3 Likes

Yes, which is what they do right now. Blizzard reimplements certain prior seasonal features as items in-game.

But this is not what the other person is asking. They want Blizzard to keep each and every season fully intact and available for eternal realms.

Which is an asinine design choice.

1 Like

Yeah that would be a broken mess.

Just add the temporary content in both Eternal and Season mode, at the same time, and remove it again, at the same time.

It would require zero additional testing, zero additional balancing, as it would be the same game in both modes.
Heck, it would probably result in slightly LESS testing/balancing needed than today, where you have two different modes with different content in them.

1 Like

The game sold over 10 million copies yet only 150k or so still play. That’s a massive drop off. Something made them all leave… maybe it was being forced to start over every 3 months… maybe?
You guys keep saying that if seasons got removed that a player would finish the new content in about a 1/2 day… lol, THAT’S THE ISSUE!
Why wouldn’t you expect a new update to have enough content to last till the next one? They SLOW YOU DOWN by making you do it all over again. It’s terrible game design, period.

4 Likes

Then there would be no place for people that don’t want their game disrupted and changed every 3 months. We could just do away with Eternal completely at that point.

They aren’t going to develop content like this unless they can secure revenue to do so. You already paid the box price. You get the box content.
You want additional stuff, you can pay for an expansion, and wait years for it to come out in one drop.

You want live service content drops, without live service monetization. Best of luck with that. The only studios doing this are tiny (compared to ActiBliz) and are trying to make their name. They operate at a loss for that opportunity.

You can generally choose not to engage with the new content. Like, don’t enter a malignant tunnel, or a blood helltide etc.

But if there are genuinely people who think like that, then I guess an option for Eternal characters could be to load the game world with or without the new systems? And only be grouped up with others who did the same.

The reset would be the difference.

Those of us who like a fresh start could play in seasons.
The people who just want to keep going with an existing character, or even a new character but with access to their existing wealth, could do their thing.

How?

You go to a world boss, and suddenly rando’s are spouting tentacles and spawning demi gods because they have the seasonal stuff, and you don’t.

You can’t choose not to engage, because it’s an open world.

Some seasonal themes completely change loot. How are you going to not engage when loot is completely changed.

1 Like

Sure, hence:

Albeit, I would say, the whole “demi-god” aspect is one of the issues that should be fixed. Blizzard breaks their own game each season.
It kinda relates to what BorgerCrunch mentioned, Blizzards crazy powercreep already does that too, sadly.

The blood season added something to the gear, but it could be ignored, and just used as normal items.
The malignant season added socket colors, but they could also be ignored, and just used as normal items.

Can you count how many there are? Because I know about maybe 2.

1 Like

That is the point. They get to try wild things and think outside the box, and you get to play in that sandbox for a bit.

It’s not an issue, it’s working as intended.

So what, they could go nuts in some seasons. Why would they hamstring their creativity trying to support those too lazy to level when they already provided the Eternal server.

That would be addressed by having an opt out:

Increasing dmg by 1000% is NOT thinking outside the box. It is just standard Blizzard power creep. It cant be more in the box than that.

The day they make a season where everything is made more challenging, I might commend them for thinking outside the box.

You guys likely aren’t a significant enough demographic. They would never be able to recoup the dev time and server costs.

I guess you and they have different views on what is fun. You have the power of choice. If you don’t like what is on offer, play something else.

It seems like there are quite a lot of people who prefer Eternal. Cant claim to be among them, but when an improvement is easy to implement, there is not much reason not to cater to them.

Dev time? For doing something they are already able to do, since they do it for seasons? Eh. I mean, it would of course take more than 0 seconds, but compared to pretty much anything else they are doing in patches, this is not doing anything new.
Heck, as said earlier, this might make testing and balancing easier for Blizzard, since more people would be playing with the same ruleset at the same time.
And potentially bring in more revenue, by selling battle passes on Eternal.

Whether something is fun and thinking outside the box also aren’t related.

Sure, nobody are saying otherwise.

You have no idea what it would and would not take to do it. You have zero expertise.

You also have no idea how many people prefer this or that. Your only window is what you choose to engage with on the forums, which is laughably biased.

I run into this at work quite a bit. Some exec says he wants this or that, just get it done. We do a workup on it. Send him back a quarter million dollar estimate.
Super easy.