Seasonal resets must be gone

i agree with you there. Many people in this thread pretend to want to make this game “better”. When in fact, this whole seasonal debate just comes from them not wanting to play the game, while still being able to access the seasonal end game.

A season can be finished in like 2 weeks easily, with you being nicely geared. Why should be a game designed for people who dont want to play at all?

2 Likes

@Wuwu1978 I think you should read more attentive and not take things out of context. check my quote again.

Although it has been mentioned, let me elaborate a bit on your part.

D2 operated for nearly three years before a large number of items were duplicated, prompting the implementation of a passive countermeasure, namely the ladder reset. Without the issue of item duplication, such a reset design would not have been necessary. During the years when item duplication was not a problem, the player base for D2 remained consistently high (at a time when the concept of seasonal journeys had not even been introduced by game developers). It never declined. Yet, D4 experienced three instances of item duplication within less than four months? This truly pushes the limits of the D series. Perhaps it could even qualify for entry into the Guinness World Records?

Seasonal journeys are fine, but ever since a certain group of designers started implementing mandatory level and economy resets, it’s really made the design team avoid the issue, easily eliminating the current situation’s good stuff, lol. Anyway, all the problems of the current season will be reset and solved in the next season. The mistakes of the current season are not important, and there’s no need to be accountable or explain. After all, the official will always use the next season to solve these things you’re worried about, and they’ll even make you voluntarily work as a PTR-style seasonal tester without pay!

Characters are forced to participate in level resets and economic resets in order to engage in seasonal journeys. Resetting and seasonal journeys are fundamentally unrelated, but those pretending to be asleep deliberately choose to forget about D:I, this game, LOL

1 Like

im not sure if thats the only reason to be honest. i mean, why does poe do resets? why does LE?

as far as i know there arent duplication issues? (i for sure can be wrong on that one)

1 Like

There are no seasons in Last Epoch yet. They will of course be there, but the developers never said they would do a RESET.

there are, just that they are called cycles. did you even play LE?

https://www.lastepochtools.com/guide/section/cycle

2 Likes

My mistake. Sorry.
(20 characters)

1 Like

This crowd are the OGs who played A-RPGs back in the day when seasonal play didn’t exist. The fact that it has now become a mainstay in the genre is thanks to meek players who have put up with it. If a game is billed as “live service” but provides you with so little regular new content that the only way to make it last is to force you to start from scratch every few months that is horrendously bad design. The only design choice here is spending as few resources as possible for maximum profit.

The complaint that there isn’t enough content is perfectly valid and the answer to that shouldn’t be a forced restart to artificially prolong the breadcrumbs they throw at us every so often but to actually spend the time and resources to give us robust new content at regular intervals. If they can’t do that the game deserves to die or at least languish until there is new content. Which is exactly what’s happened.

2 Likes

If there were variety in content, I could agree with this. However, there isn’t, so it is not. It is the same game with a new flower on top of it every three-ish months.

2 Likes

Boon previously suggested a great idea to solve this problem, but will Blizzard listen to it…?

ARPGs (from the dungeon crawler/rogue era) are originally designed around replayability, seasons or not. But OP wants it to function more like an MMO (no need relevel a char, additional contents keep being added on top of each other, etc.).

For example, D2 achieved this replayability with fully randomized levels (it has no static overworld ala D4) and restricting character respec so you need to make another char if you want to try a different build.

1 Like

A bad consumer is one who doesnt know what they are buying then complains its not what they wanted.

Im bbq stake if that matters.

1 Like

To be fair, people ought to follow that no matter if they like season resets or not. Battle passes and cosmetics are a joke.

Agreed.

Eh, keep season resets as a mode for those of us who like it. Resets are great.
But have the exact same content in ternal and season, at all times.

Well, it is more of an “MMO” than it should be :frowning:

From what I have I seen, new content will be available in both the non-cycle and the cycle realms.
Once again Last Epoch seems to take the smart approach.

Indeed.
But some of the best modern A-RPGs also dont have seasons, such as Grim Dawn, so it is not solely a matter of having played the good old ones.

Yep.

The MMO approach would be terrible imo
D2 had plenty of mediocre design, but in this regard, its focus on making new characters if you wanted to try new builds, was really good.
Blizzard initially seemed to have this approach for D4 as well. But as with much else in D4, something went wrong over time.

You left out a the part that re-leveling and re-gathering resources is the most boring part of the game. Also, the season journey is… to put it nicely, nothing. Clear NMD 10 times. Clear NMD level 90+. Farm every WB twice! Such engaging content that I have never done before!

Seasons are not for everyone. Tying majority of the new content to seasons is lame, and will undoubtedly impact a significant number of players who don’t enjoy resets.

3 Likes

Well if you guys are looking for actual statistics about player count and player base, it’s quite easy to find it on internet. simply type in google Diablo 4 Statistics. there is plenty of results.
I could also comment on them, but I won’t. Why? Because with PTR I finally saw some change towards the better. Are there still things that need improving? YES, but PTR and the new changes are a big step forward, so patience …

1 Like

Every season, we have to rerun teleportation points.

Each time a new task is created, it needs to be run again.

There are also fortress missions. Countless repetitive and boring content.

I’m not playing an ARPG if I can’t have repetitve boreing content. That’s not an ARPG any more. Period! :smile:

Just google ARPG (Action Role Playing Game), read the WIKI Pedia page. Open Steam Client, click Store, Click Categorie, click Action RPG and check what is the game list. PERIOD.

As I say, ignore those Baby Boomers, they are living in a different world. No point to keep argue with them as the fact is everywhere.

3 Likes

Take everything seriously. You must be fun at parties. Btw I’m not a boomer, just an autistic millenial. :kissing_heart:

Oh man, the absolute screaming (metaphorically) that respec’s should be free unlimited times forever from the beginning. Having to make a new character if you wanted to try a new build would be met by such vitriol these days