Seasonal resets must be gone

You know those rings you get from varshan or how about those new vampire aspects.

S1 power rings.
S2 blood items
Last events were in eternal too
All items added to season are in eternal

Only thing not in eternal from S3 is pet and vaults. Thats it as far as I know. Not that much.

This would require the devs to actually produce high quality meaty content updates.

Sadly POE brainwashed people into thinking forced resets is fine so companies can get away with spending almost zero resources on content updates for ARPGs.

This means we get undercooked zero effort content updates with barely anything new and the brain washed zombies all eat it up and think itā€™s the only way to update the game.

3 Likes

That would be true if those sports teams dumped all their players every season and grab all new rookies each time. But they donā€™t do that. They build their teams better and better across seasons, which is not a reset like we get.

To be honest, if the game had more varied content, they wouldnā€™t need seasons to bring people back, as they would be less likely to leave in the first place. They need more randomization and procedural generation within the existing content to keep the game fresh.

3 Likes

Personally, I was hoping more of the seasonal mechanics would get rolled into eternal to solve this problem. It does happen and I imagine each season is going to result in new items and mechanics being added to eternal, using seasonal as a popularity test bed.

So basically Seasonal is the PTR for Eternal and PTR is the PTR for Seasonal.

Iā€™ll never understand why they got rid of the downvote button.

3 Likes

Seasonal resets must stay!

1 Like

Those are lame gimmicks and not a content. If you calling 1-2 UI textures content then you are a sh1t-eater(no offense)

1 Like

well Eternal is getting all the upcoming changes that we seen in PTR, and they will get whats coming in expansion , that base game will be good enough for now i would imagine, i will be playing it anytime there is a seasonal theme i do not like.

1 Like

Do you work for blizzard. Or are you just simply so brainwashed by some corporate idiocy that you need to come here to defend this crappy game?

If you DO work for them ā€¦ jesus. No wonder the game still stinks if you are this stubborn.

1 Like

they are still same. Sport players/team keep thier squad, skills, experience of the game, connection bwt membersā€¦ all are considered as Pre-season preparation right? in Diablo season, your skills, experience, knowledgeā€¦ are still there, you are still able to use it for your pre-season preparation and in season. Nothing are totally reset here as you say.

And finally, nothing is right or wrong here, there are a lot of people love to reset and a lot people none. So donā€™t say seasonal reset MUST BE GONE. Itā€™s just your personal opinion. If you feel no joy, just look for another game and maybe one day they would remove seasonal reset, then Iā€™m the one who quit if I feel no joy. Before you bought this game, you already knew this game is seasonal reset game.

there is another solution for them, just play PTR, PTR time almost equal to the time they feel joy turn to bore with their lv100 char completing all new seasonal contents. For now, season is almost PTR of Eternal, so they play PTR, we play seaonal which is also PTR, fair for everyone haha.

Season resets should not go away. Fresh starts can be very fun.

But ALL content should be the same in Season and Eternal, at all times.

3 Likes

I dont think he work for Blizzard. But I think his PC/Console is sponsored by Blizzard so his game library only has Diablo 1 2 3 4, WOW. Other similar game like LE, POE Grim Dawn is available in his library due to Blizzard want to avoid US government anti-trust lawsuit so they need to offer rival products in his game library.

Also his PC has no access to google and Wikipedia. Blizzard sponsor many of this hardcore Isometric ARPG players so they always sound the same. They always talk the similar thing like below:

1. ARPG is a seasonal reset game like Diablo 1 to 4, LE, POE, it is like they have no access to google and wiki or Steam client. Just put the ARPG in Google keyword search and have good read or just click Steam client look at what is in Action Role Playing Game (ARPG) category.

2. They will always say you want permanent character progression, Diablo is not MMORPG like WOW. Same case here, it is 2024, why talk about this old MMORPG except they only see this game title in their PC and has no access to Google.

3. Seasonal reset is Industry standard, yes a game Industry comprise of Diablo 1 to 4. POE, LE and Grim Dawn.

Dear Blizzard.
Please make Eternal Realm great (again?).

You have no idea what u r talking about calling me a white knight. He is wrong on eternal. Thats what we r talking about. Stop interjecting this into next level its my fault game sux discussions

1 Like

Letā€™s imagine Seasons where removed, and new content kept at the 3 month pace it does now.

Result? I still only log in every 3 months. The difference is now I have a lv 100 thatā€™s already fully geared. I complete this new content in a day or less, then log off for 3 more months.

Thatā€™s what you are advocating.

With Seasons, I get a fresh start with friends. We all start at 0. Could we do that with Eternal? Sure, but thereā€™s no reason to.

4 Likes

The point is majority players are not your friend, we donā€™t want to start 0 with you. Your friend should always give you unwavering support in your new journey without reasons and always start 0 with you only while everyone is 100.

Whether you login for 2 days in every season or every days in the season, is up to the game developers to create the carrot to continue motivate you.

1 Like

Youā€™re assuming a majority would favor Eternal when itā€™s not the case. Unless you have data to back up your claim of majority? Ohā€¦ I thought not.

1 Like