Season 4+ updates ruined game Stability Horrifically for Hundreds of players

Same issue here. The Game is currently unplayable for me. If I open the map or want to teleport my game crashes to the desktop without an error message. Had 0 problems running the game since the update on 16.05.2024.

RTX 4090
i9 13900k
32 GB RAM

1 Like

+1 here:

i7 13700k
RTX 3080 555.85 Game Ready driver
32 GB RAM

It’s really sad we don’t get any official response to this, it seems to have been going on for days now.
I’ve been trying to reach PezRadar on twitter to no avail.

+1 here too

Ryzen5 3600,gtx1660super,16gb ram.

This issue has been troubling me since Season 1. The game freezes especially when I open the inventory window, but also when accessing the season window, friend list, or when teleporting. This happens multiple times a day.

5/26/2024
In my case,delete shader caches(directx and nvidia) fixed freeze problem at this time. I hope it doesn’t recur.

I’m getting tired of this…

Constant disconnects…

45 seconds between travelling to waypoints…

Horse rubberbanding…

This odd thing that keeps happening where I’m participating in a world boss, and my skill gets stuck to the boss and I can’t move for anything, even when boss has been taken down…

Latency won’t go under 200 for anything

I can tell you right now, it’s not my internet. I have other games on here that run smoothly, games also under the Blizzard catalog that don’t have any problems. Here I was thinking I was mad at Overwatch dev’s for temporarily disabling mythic skins, but they actually worked on the problem that was causing the bug and gave us back our skins… Maybe Diablo dev’s should take notes. Yes, I’m taking shots. Cry me a river about it. There are a lot of people saying they’re having problems and the dev’s seem to be sitting on their hands about it. I’d rather have large time gaps in-between seasons if it means real stability than continuous patch updates they clearly aren’t testing that make things worse.

2 Likes

Having the same issue here playing on PS5. Game is almost unplayable. Freezing on most load screens. I have to close the game and reenter to continue playing. Also constantly coming up against invisible barriers again and again. Feeling extremely frustrated. Hope Blizzard figures this out!

1 Like

This issue just started for me today. I have never, since this game was released, had memory issues before. all the sudden… BAM. I can barely even play the game. It is clearly unstable and needs a bug fix. It has to be that recent patch.

1 Like

i’ve managed to get rid of that kind of crashes completely.
Since last update when opening map, or porting to new place, or visiting vendor in my case this is heavy for processor and temperature was rising too high which caused crashes without any error.
I decreased temperatures (OC, and fans in BIOS, and fixed my processor speed on constant value-> no intel turbo boost, ) and crashes dissapeared after 2 days of constant fight.

What’s your system and what did you change exactly?

Hello,
My game also keeps crashing. I completely removed my current graphics card drivers and took one from January 26th, 2024. No improvement. I usually have Summoners War running in the background on Steam. I started and I was able to play Diablo for 8 hours straight without another crash. As soon as I turned off SW, 2 minutes later it crashed. Maybe it will help someone that at least it can be played… It’s really very strange but it works for me :smiley:

My System

i9-13900K 4070 Ti Driver Version 551.23

I am having very long load screens, getting stuck in load screens, getting disconected after running Pits. I have also encountered issues with grouping a party.

needs alot more then just a bug fix some of us have had freezing issues since release the open beta no problems release boom lots of problems and its only D4 giving problems and the people who claim its hardware issue dont understand how hardware issues work if its a hardware issue then more then one game will have problems

2 Likes

I deactivated intel turbo boost and my crashes stopped.

I played this entire day today.

thank you man.

I can play every other game no problem, plenty of main stream games they have come out in the last few years as well as ancient games, this is the first i have even encountered a game that hasnt worked like this. It is not a hardware issue it is a software issue with whatever they changed on their season 4 patch, or something relating to them and windows and or nvidia. I honestly think they have no freakin idea what is causing the issue and arent really caring as long as most people can play they probably dont care.

amd 1090T BE cpu OC 3.6ghz
Asus m5a88-v evo Latest drivers installed
msi nvidia 1060 6gb latest drives + went back a few previous drivers with no success
16gb 4x4gb sticks of DDR3 1600mhz 9 cas latency
Windows 10 pro latest updates
Tried installed on both main C drive and another drive , both were Samsung SSDs
tried unplugging everything but a wired keybord and mouse and monitor + speakers and still was having the same issues.

Freezes right when i load into the game to see my character selection, if by some miracle it doesnt crash there right away then if i click join with any character it either freezes there or tries to queue for game but just stays there trying to queue but then goes back to the character selection after 5min. Lately after this recent patch it wont even do that, straight freeze always.

How do you deactivate intel turbo boost ?

Newest patch did not fix my issue. Instantly freezes when i get to the character selection menu when i first start up the game. like i see my character for a moment and then freeze, and i have to end the exe with the windows crash thing or straight from task manager.

Sucks having to wait probably months before they figure out what is wrong. Bought the game a week before season 4, now i cant play it without using a game streaming service… If they havent fix it within 2 months im going to ask for a refund and or report to BBB.

1 Like

I have the same problem. My computer crashes at the character window and will go no farther. I havebeen playing for a year without a probem until recently.

2 Likes

İ am fine even if they at least acknowledged the issue …

But no they release a patch which does not adress anything …

Who cares about a patch that they cant play ???

2 Likes

I have had more performance issues in season 4 than all of the previous year since release combined.

Season 4 started worse but decently playable at least. The patch 1-2 weeks ago made it significantly worse with tons of crashes and other problems, and after today’s patch I can’t even load in my characters without getting stuck on a black screen.

Honestly, this is just unacceptable.

2 Likes

Yup, just chiming in to add to the chorus here – came back after Blizzard’s complete clownshow for the past few seasons… S4 has been enjoyable. Except I am experiencing lots of performance issues as everyone else here. Weird blown out textures, seeing meshes I shouldn’t be seeing for textures, etc. Is Blizzard actually acknowledging and addressing the performance and stablity issues or not?

Hello GhostshadowX , not that I’m aware of. Blizzard just keeps releasing updates to address the performance issues but I’m not aware of any posts that have been addressed by anyone officially with Blizzard. I had one in that I started in February after the Chinese New Year event ended that coincided with the ongoing season. That for me was when the problems started. I was updating it regularly but stopped when I found I was spending more time doing that than playing the game. I never had anyone from Blizzard comment on that post. Then I found this thread and started adding to it and linked the prior post to this one, and this post hasn’t had an official Blizzard comment either. Just people like us adding to it frustrated with the game.

1 Like