S3 situation report. It's worse than you think

first few days of season 3 I played more Diablo 3 LOL, but after that patch it’s actually a lot of fun. The Vaults double as glyth xp, plus you get robot parts at the end even if you dont play the trap game.

After the patch, it’s worth it. Your enjoyment, imo, is all about expectations. If you played S2 to death, you may see S3 as just a worse version. They’re really very similar and with the game suffering still from a lack of content, many just saw S3 as a worse version.

When you get the stones some levels, the pet can do some cool stuff, but it’s again about expectations. If you like to go zoom zoom and skip a lot of mobs, he won’t keep up. He’s a lot like the other minions in that his ai is a bit derpy and his damage falls off in higher NMD.

Think of the pet as less game changing like the Vampire powers of S2 were and more like a spot to put extra aspects.

1 Like

We need sets.

Without them, we will continue to see no build diversity whatsoever.

Not talking 2 or 3 with a single obvious choice. 15-20 interesting sets per class to look forward to for different gameplay styles.

The loot is so boring right now, nothing else could save it. 30 more uniques on top of it would help.

And of course itemization overhaul.

Give us options. Tired of farming the same 1 or 2 items all season. Horribly boring.

More bosses to farm also, with a less stupid tedious grind. No wonder people are constantly cheating and duping duriel mats. Who actually wants to farm them??? It doesn’t feel rewarding, it feels PUNISHING.

1 Like

I have no idea what that term means, but I believe what they are talking about is the braziers that you can summon a Herald of Malphas from. The ones that are part of a world quest. You can summon Heralds over and over and over as long as you have mats, and each time you kill one, it drops a few stones. Also, it doesn’t matter who summons each time, as everyone participating receives stones each kill. I didn’t keep track of which specific stones dropped, but I would guess that you can’t do this with every stone, such as the ones that you don’t see until later World Tiers. However, after the recent patch, who really knows???

This should be pinned, stickied and printed pasted on both Joe’s cabinet.

1 Like

The robot is about level 8ish now and still feels useless. The increased drop rate helps but the robot is kinda meh in T4 content.

Buffing barb charge was a terrible idea. Sure it does more damage but now bosses in legion and even NMDs are knocked everywhere and take that much longer to kill in group settings.

If you played S2 to death, << perfectly describes my S2 experience.

I haven’t tried again yet. For now I am enjoying reading the forums and watching streamers play D4.

Microsoft is boss now. And diablo 4 isn’t exactly as popular as it should be or as finished… So expect the worse. And diablo 5 is already confirmed.

You might want to edit the original post, many are not valid anymore after the emergency patch.

Pretty accurate analysis on many problems. Leaderbord will be meaningless in current game state, and mostly as long as there are ways to dupe item and materials. Fortunately for me I don’t give a penny on this ladder thing. I will complete the season and leave. Not sure I even bother to farm some ubers. Boss should be group dungeon, with dungeon finder… Like in lost ark.

When mine got in that range for his stones, he became a death machine in even level content.

The pets stats scale 1:1 with you using all your stats.
Tempest hits pretty hard when you have Lightning damage in your build.
I’d assume the same with Fire damage and Firefly, with burning.

I think of the seneschal as just another Paragon tile in my build when theorycrafting, and fill what I need. Most of the time using the pet for it’s buff potential is the way to go.
It’s not a TERRIBLE mechanic, but it doesn’t feel as strong as the blood powers. It’s more gimmicky than anything.

However, having a duplication issue EVERY season is not going to help the health of the game. Ladders seem kind of ridiculous when you think of it in terms of the state of the game. I would like to have some kind of compendium that shows my total monster kills and items looted and stuff, though, and compare that with my friends and other players. I don’t care about a speedrun ladder in an environment that stimulates RMT, boosting, duplication.

1 Like

Oh no you have to play the game? Sucks. Instead of nerfing the meta builds and balancing the game around weaker builds to make it more challenging you choose to blast skip through all content by 1 shotting everything with the “seasonal” powers you shouldn’t have in a first place even you get at least some damage / support improvement over what eternal realm have by having companion. NICE!

You should try playing the game instead of trying to skip everything or you gonna make another thread “Blizzard There is no content - Finished season in 2 days Unacceptable.”

In any case what’s the point of leveling, why not just Blizzard give me rank 10 stones right from the bat. You might get lucky next season and get a free leveled 100 character fully geared with all the ranked up seasonal powers stones or whatever there’s comming so you can blast through skip and call it a day.

It’s not dead. It’s you who’s refusing to play the game on a non Meta Build, because the only way you can kill Duriel is by 1 shotting him. Good Job that’s an achievement. Skip Content 2.0

Solo farming Uber Duriel is okay. What is not okay is that Full Party shouldn’t be able to enter more times than a Solo player. Materials should be consumed by every player that is in the party to enter Uber Duriel boss dungeon. I consider it as an exploit right now and yet not sure why Blizzard didn’t address that.

That’s what you get when drop rates are that high, not to mention 100% Unique drop chance by killing a Boss. You pretty much get geared the moment you enter T4 and is basically the end of your Loot Hunt once you do couple of Boss runs.

The only thing to fix that is to nerf loot drop rate completely to the ground, but surely you won’t like it so I don’t know why you complaining, considering you already 1 shotting everything. So I question my self what kind of upgrade you want after, so you can idk Double 1 shot everything? Funny and good luck with that.

When the game offers 100% drop chance, don’t expect any “upgrades”. It’s done and see you next season maybe.

Now Aspects… Sheesh, so you now ripping off aspects too… I wonder what this game loot gonna end up. 100% everything? Top doge.

To SUM Up:

They should make the game more challenging by balancing the game, nerfing all the meta builds to make them more on par to the weaker builds. Nerf all the drop rate of Rare items + crap 100% unique drop chance from bosses so that progression and loot value could come back to D4. End this 1 shot skip content farm fest. This is when D4 is gonna be good.

2 Likes

im old… its a challenge for me to get out of bed some days, i just want a fun game. Ill take a fun factor boost over a challenge nowadays

Spotted the HotA barbarian main.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don’t play broken builds.

Seems like the only buffs classes get revolve around Barbs so how about this? Dots can now crit. This helps rend builds, gives fire sorcs much needed power, rogues can do more damage, poison builds become better and possible shadow necros will be viable.

Strong disagree.

Loot filter is pointless. They need to scrap the whole concept of REQUIRING players to even loot RARE items - they are and should be trash drops like D2 and D3 - the entire LOOT SYSTEM needs a COMPLETE AND TOTAL OVERHAUL - make legendaries and uniques the go to items with aspects/imprints being filler slots for 1-3 of your items

A loot filter would be great. Shadow necros do not benefit from crit, crit damage, or Overpower and would be welcome to get gear without those stats on it.