S3 situation report. It's worse than you think

I’ll do that every now and then, but I’m only 46(7?) myself on my Druid

I’m enjoying a new build and a class I’ve barely touched, but that’s all I have going for me atm

Blizzard can we get this topic pinned. This post is on the money and I 100% concur with the author.

===Day 4 update===

So I spent a couple of hours trying to make the Seneschal Robot do decent damage. Turns out that the issue is (at least partially) caused by it being very selective about which effects it inherits from the player, despite the devs saying that it should feel like it’s scaling with your character. Won’t go into details because my brain is fried but at least half of talents, gear affixes, aspects, unique effects and paragon nodes do nothing. And there’s no consistent logic to which effects it inherits or doesn’t either.

Also, a lot of Tuning Stones are flat out broken and don’t work as advertised. I’m still trying to figure out what the extra fireflies that you get from equipping the multishot Tuning Stone together the “Firefly” Governing Stone are supposed to do (they just fly offscreen).

1 Like

This entire season is just unfun. I’d rather just play SSF d3. Here’s hoping the next season isn’t a total train wreck.

It’s not the first time I see someone mention this, but I can not comment.

In the world of “Sci-Fis that start with Star…” I’m a “Gate” and “Wars” kinda guy, (in that order) don’t think I’ve seen more than 2 “Trek” episodes in my life.

Currently on tier three, reached level 60 and looking to respec my build, system not letting me whether I do it manually or use the respec button. Now unable to play my build and it is not allowing to add the skill I require, any one else seeing this issue?

They can leave the leaderboards in, that way they’ll know who to investigate and ban on a frequent basis. lmao

Seasons are just not gonna save this game.

2 Likes

Great analysis I have no hope that blizzard will do a thing about it unfortunately . I’ve stopped playing and have little to no hope that season 4 or the expansion will be able to save D4

If a dev doesn’t respond to this, or at the very least they don’t put out a blog highlighting exactly what they’re going to do to fix this laundry list of issues, this game may actually be dead.

Went from 60 to 80 licketly split. Charge barb at 63 was better at Helltides than my 100 with 50 tears glyph. For reals. I’m gonna start lapping my old records.

The overworld seasonal stuff is essentially Blood Harvest but everywhere. It’s great honestly.

As for the rest - I don’t understand all the hate. Are there issues…yes…but they improved a lot of things and I don’t mind the longer grind and introducing a new trap mechanic. Is it perfect…no…but having to run nightmare vaults and think about avoiding traps while also taking out mobs is fine by me. I have not tried any Tier 21 ND or higher yet, so we’ll see if that sentiment continues.

1 Like

Well said. 145 likes in under 1 day. Amazing response. I couldnt have even said it better myself with a month of prep time. Great work.

I would already be happy if I could set item level and rarity for each item slot individually for what shows up on the ground. So I can filter regarding the ilevel range for that slot that I would take into consideration, and also lets me turn off rare (anything below that anyways) drops for slots where I am running a build defining unique, so I am only interested in that unique (and legendaries for the aspects ofc).
A lootfilter taking item mods into account would ofc be really nice, but would require to be really thought through to be useful.

All that said, imho for D4 a lootfilter is not THAT important (yet), compared to some other aRPGs. But then again, I am not in the position to comment on the “new endgame” this season with the Vaults. If we get flooded even more with items, a lootfilter becomes more relevant. The loot amount in S2 Bloodharvests (esp. council-farming) was already “too much” for what you can comfortably sift through.

I can’t imagine playing this game so much that I’d be doing that after just a few days. Take some time off if you’re burning out so quickly.

Its the 3rd best season so far.

2 Likes

That sucks. NM 100s are my favorite part of D4 in S1. S2 they were nothing but a shell of S1 and S0. But you’re saying in S3 they are even worst? I thought the guaranteed 925 item should at least give something?

I’m also surprised you played this season more than I did. That’s tough.

I don’t mind about the struggle but the fact the mats are still being duped in S3 is mind boggling. They should release the leaderboard now so we can see who the top dupers are lol

Lol. That made me laugh.

Don’t cancel the ladder. I wanna see the top exploiters and dupers. Let people become more disappointed when they see how screwed the ladders are.

Edit: I decided to abstain from S3 until I see some major improvements. Otherwise, I’ll be waiting for S4. I heard the good teams are the ones who worked on S2, and the bad ones are from S1 (which is now S3). This sounds ridiculous. They should at least spread that talent instead of lumping the bad performer in one group.

Edit: Oh there’s like 2 patches and hotfix coming. Do these make your original assessment invalid? Or further enhances them

this is your opinion and i disagree.

No idea, going to have to play the season a bit more after the patch and reassess.

1 Like

Nice post OP, too bad no one cares of the people who should care.