Requires version 1909 of Windows 10? really?

LTSC = long term servicing channel. Supported for years to come.
Another ignorant post by some corn syrup mainliner.

1 Like

I’m ignorant because I realize the downfalls of using LTSC? I would argue otherwise since I can actually play the game. Anyone on LTSC should realize what the pros and cons are before installing. And yeah, it’s “supported” by Windows but obviously not by Blizzard. Sucks to be you.

1 Like

I bought my computer in December, it came with windows 11 and i am still having the same problem. ive messed around here and there and still it doesnt work. At the character selection screen it shuts down. All of my drivers are up to date, i have windows 11. my video card is a Geforce MX570 never had a problem with any game until now. ive tried pretty much everything.

1 Like

I have the same issue at character selection screen my game closes. My PC came with windows 11 and my video card is Geforce MX570 and all of my drivers are up to date. Ive tried many trouble shooting methods and to no avail the game closes at the same spot. it is what it is.

I play on my Windows 7 partition after having downloaded it on my windows 10 partition

sounds like a PEBCAK issue ^^^^_____^^^^^

1 Like

Funny story, and this was before I knew better. I was trying to download the Discord app when I was using Windows Vista. This was after Win 7 was released. Don’t ask why I didn’t upgrade I don’t have a good answer.

Anyway I try to download the app, won’t install, says it needs Win 7. I message support and I’m like “Why can’t I download the app? Win Vista is basically like Win 7.”

Their response, paraphrased: “lol no it’s not idiot”

Outdated OSs can cause all kinds of stability problems not just for Windows but for apps running on Windows. That’s why you can’t run most modern games on something like Windows XP: It’s not equipped to utilize both the software and hardware it requires.

I guess the more prominent question is why you aren’t upgrading, as mentioned it’s no longer supported by Microsoft and that leaves you in a nasty spot security wise.

ne the question is was you are doing. using an old OS is your fault.

just update to the requirement.

what’s preventing you? curious case.

It’s funny how people think they understand enough of Operating Systems as to cancel updates because ‘Microsoft always breaks it’. Well, guess what. MS doesn’t break it. You corrupt an installation by doing weird stuff that breaks when it’s updated :slight_smile:.
I’ve had W10 installed for at least 6 years on my gaming laptop, and W10 on my gaming PC for 3, I only reinstalled because of migrating to W11 (Which works great by the way after a few tweaks and mods).
Source: I’ve been a enterprise Windows Server admin/engineer for ~10 years before switching to DevOps. (This means I’m a power user, always installing, uninstalling, tweaking stuff and the OS. Editing my registry, developing stuff with node.js, playing with docker, and even virtualizing full domains on it.). Never been able to break it, and I’m not your ‘full legit’ user. Torrents are my friends.
It’s not the OS, it’s the user.
That said, word of advice: Windows loves being updated frequently (Microsoft has high priority security patches released monthly, which you WANT on your pc to avoid it to be a sea of malware that self-installs on it). If you save dozens of uninstalled updates, that’s when Windows Update sometimes can’t make it properly.
If you dislike frequent updates, instead of going with the normal Windows version, use Windows LTSC. That means that it will only receive critical security updates, and will patch less often. It’s a variant of Windows Enterprise.

1 Like

you’re below spec, could be a major part of the problem

Update your software. There is no good reason not to. You’re stuck in the past where you had one or two bad experiences with older technology. Your biases are preventing you from solving problems and instead encouraging you to avoid solutions that are best for you.

2 Likes

isnt it supported until 2036 ?

Im not the OP, but im having issues upgrading my windows as well, trying to browse commun solutions

Is it an “OLD” OS though ? Is he trying to use Windows 7 or windows XP ?

even if you’re on windows xp, the people you’re afraid of hiding in washington offices can still see everything you type on your OS. i can’t see any other reason why you’d be scared to upgrade.

realize, all OS including linux are easy to access for these 3 letter agencies.

once your paranoia calms down.

go in settings, press windows update, and come join us.

…because the mods are non existent in these forums and continuously allow it to happen regardless of the code of conduct rules being broken.

1 Like

i didnt talk about an older windows version. the patch version from windows 10 is 21H2.

Running fine on windows 3.1 here.

… jesus christ dude update.

2 Likes

Every time? do you not turn your computer on anymore then once a month?

Update your system. Bye.

Windows 10 loses support in 2025 and the current build 22h2 is the final build with mainly only security updates through 2025