Rapid Fire shooting feels awful after 1.4.1 patch NEW: *UPDATE AFTER HOTFIX*

many players have already posted their opinions about hotfix on RF so I would just skip conclude the actual gameplay part. To throw in my 2 cents, a few suggestions are listed below:

1. the unique ring gives an explosive dmg. therefore, it’s reasonable to have aoe effect for each arrow; now its gone, that doesnt make sense.
  2. RF after equipping the ring now is more like just original skill with a parabola ballistic. it would be nice to have those arrows spreading within a tiny area surrounding the aimed target. Together with the aoe effect mentioned before, each arrow would still be able to deal full dmg to the aimed target.
  3. MOST important suggestion: please make the parabola ballistic of RF more friendly to enemy in melee attack range! After hotfix the ballistic still feels uncomfortable dealing with close combat enemy. one would have to dodge first just to distance apart from enemies around the character. when facing a lot of them charging to the player, RF becomes extremely difficult and inefficient to use, making the skill only viable while u could eliminate the target at once. please make this more close combat friendly.
    but again, it’s exciting to know u guys valued us players’ feelings and treated the reported problem seriously. good job.
8 Likes

Against charging enemies, it’s really frustrating to spend so much time just to put separation to make sure RF targets correctly.

1 Like

I just uninstalled today, I’m too old for this lol

3 Likes

Has anyone actually received the hotfix for 141 yet? I havent. Is there something I need to do for it to download? Thanks

It’s been rolled out to everyone. We all have it. It didn’t require a download, it was just a hotfix not* a patch. It Made Rapid fire even worse than before with the scoundrels kiss ring

3 Likes

The designer is not playing the game, the experience is too poor. I bought their game and didn’t even have good interaction with the player community. They are currently having a weekend.

2 Likes

Ive tried to make the new hotfixed Rapid Fire work but it unfortunately does feel significantly weaker than its original iteration still. It absolutely needs the spread for aoe and clearing enemies in melee range is a nightmare currently due to the arrows just flying way over their head.

5 Likes

Why hasn’t Blizzard even replied? Are they afraid of interacting with players? Even if they can’t improve this skill, let us know. I can no longer wait

5 Likes

They were so on top TRYING to “Fix” their prior mistake with the first patch. And now they go silent to the community when ther has been WAY more of an outcry. Where is the public relations?! Where’s the communication with a huge player base so pissed off?!

3 Likes

Blizzard, please test the skill experience you’ve crafted and engage more actively with the player community. The class imbalance and PVP are a travesty, rife with bugs and broken skills. It’s hard to fathom, but it’s my fault for having purchased this game.

1 Like

I’m struggling to solo T18 Pits because the arrows fly over the enemies head, Rogue RF is unplayable.

1 Like

Any confirmation would be nice if they’ll be fixing this or not. Clearing takes too long now even with repeating aspect and I can’t hit any mob that chases me down unless I cc them. Invested too much time into this build and quitting sounds real nice if this isn’t fixed

3 Likes

Tested RF, so here are problems:

1. people complain about close range, in fact if we click not on close mobs but on the close surface - it works - this is terrible to be honest
  2. as I mentioned before there’s really small AOE, devs should double or even triple it
  3. the best solution is to return the old version (before patch 1.4.1)
  4. it’s kinda weird, but 1.4.1 version of this skill was even better, there still was a chance to land all “grenades” on target
  5. I really hope devs will look into this properly
3 Likes

As a gamer for me, it is a real pain to see a community fall apart because of incompetence in running a game. I have been following Diablo since the 90’s, since the first Diablo. There have always been various problems, but it seems to me that things are literally falling apart. The key would be just COMMUNICATING.

2 Likes

Simply say “ we are working on it,” or “keep it the way it is.” To say nothing at this juncture is to ignore the discontent of a community that cares about your game, and that is not cool at all.

6 Likes

The thing I fear most is that they don’t want to go back to the pre-patch implementation because it would mean admitting that they simply threw a change in there without even trying it and weren’t able to fix it properly even with the next hotfix, and they come out with the excuse that the correct functioning of the skill is the current one… and this would be even worse.

5 Likes

Yeah still bugged . I’m sure your aware your teams fix makes it all ST on one mob now. Everyone was enjoying to AOE till you cook it
How about giving us back what we had and fix it before some bandaid Hotfix that gives us ST instead of AOE

3 Likes

repeating aspect is bugged with the ring go test it on dummies and see arrows spawn erraticly and dissapear into thin air lol

1 Like

Slowly but surely we need an answer, revert this because this was never intended.

2 Likes

the hotfix you released only makes the problem worst (the AoE is gone). Because of your unprofessionalism, instead of throwing water to the fire to kill it you throw more gas

7 Likes