PTR forced me to quit S4

the ones making s5 is team B.

and they always disappoint.

meh.

It is obvious that D4 has an “A Team” and an “F Team” that rotates working on things.

They should fire the “F Team” and just have the “A Team” doing all the work on this game as they are the ones that seem to know what works.

It’s sad that every other season is crap because whoever is the boss at blizzard cannot see that one of their teams is terrible for the game.

2 Likes

he is delusional for sure

1 Like

Wow very hostile me thinks you have some inner demons??

It’s ok we can always hug it out :joy:

1 Like

:rofl: hahahahahahahahahahahaahaha

yeah. i masterworked everything to 12/12 and then realised whats even the point?

Yes i can do higher pit lvls now, but the reward for time invested is just not there,

3 Likes

How many pits you did to MW everything?
400? 500?

I just watched some vids on this as I can’t be bothered to do blizzards job for them without getting paid at this point.

Seems like there are some serious concerns about season 5. A game mode that locks you in for 10 solid minutes, that’s a long time, seems like it doesn’t reward you either for completing it and if you fail at the end you get nothing. Seems like somebody’s trying to put the final nail in this coffin at this point. Bad game.

5 Likes

D3’s performance after vanilla was to double its sales from 15 million to 30 million, so no, it’s not widely accepted. The second expansion was taking too long so they cannibalized it. Maybe even used some ideas on D:I. By the time it released, it would’ve been like 6-8 years after launch, and the bean counters didn’t think the projections were strong enough. With D4 already in the works, they moved to working on that.

Not long before D4 released (or shortly after?) Fergusson in an interview discussed how millions of players were still returning to D3 every season.

Jesus isn’t a religion…

We haven’t seen anything Seasonal yet. How can the Seasonal “odd” team be responsible for what the other Devs are doing? The ones you seen in the Campfire chat are those that made the changes in the PTR. The Infernal Horde is a base game addition, not a Seasonal aspect.

The above also applies here:

That “A” team only brought us the Iron Wolves reputation caches and the elixirs. Far less than we got in Season 3.

Okay so you are saying it just too long.

Got it.

So in game dev, if it wasnt hitting milestones or proper roadmap times, what do you do? You generally increase resources to get it back on track/time.

Why didnt blizzard support it better with more resources (this costs more money).

Time sensitive projects arent allowed to just come out late. If you repeatedly missed deadlines or production goals, companies adjust.

Someone somewhere had to look at the roi.

And it wasnt there.

Mind you, overwatch was killing it so blizzard had money back then.

EDIT: I know blizzard’s motto is “it’s done when it’s done.” However, there are some guide railing that still occurs, deadlines, milestones of achievement / progress, roadmaps that have timelines. If you have a project management degree or training, you all know what I mean. To veer off the path that badly and not have the course corrected - could be how blizzard does business - I don’t know.

Couldn’t agree more. As soon as I saw the nerfs I lot all interest in playing. Im done with these garbage 60,70,80,90% nerfs. They dont nerf things they nuke entire classes. Well that is unless you’re a Rogue or Barb player then theyll keep you at the top with ridiculously OP builds.

2 Likes

Why are you saying bad stuff sbout the best gsme. Ever msde ?

I think if u pre purchase the dlc the game might get better bc they juat need more support to work on it bro

no the truth is it gets only a major rework how its handled on the verge of death not when they can pull out a bad product and still profit

At present, it seems that the designer’s abilities in seasons 1, 3, and 5 are questionable.
The content of seasons 2 and 4 does indeed allow players to play longer. It should be able to explain the problem.
The core issue is that the designers of odd numbered groups, every time they make changes, make players gradually become malicious.
Instead of making the game interesting.

well the basic ideas behind cool uniques more qol and a arena survival mode is not bad … but the balancing feel hopeless … and the ptr did not promote any fun of it the best of it was the hype bevor it launched afterwards it was just a downfall

Well, this is pretty much the point. If it’s not hitting milestones or proper roadmap times, as an expansion, and a sequel and a spinoff are already in the works, why throw more money at it? Sometimes a good business decision is knowing when to cut your losses, which I imagine they recouped some (or all) with the necro DLC.

PS - In reading about D4 development and Overwatch 2, seems like Blizzard struggled with direction on their games for many years throughout the company.

I agree. I wouldn’t really even call it a PTR. Having to farm everything with broken builds and broken mechanics from Season 3 and no NPC to give you the things to test anything anyway.

Season 5 is a hard pass.