People are already buying gold

Super cool aviator wearing not an edge lord at all Cooley nonchalantly showcasing how everyones favourite rmt website is already allowing players to p2w and wishfully hoping Legendries are going to be tradeable.

Will anything be done about this. Accounts banned? Youtube videos removed that promote cheating? Legendries actually not be tradeable like Blizzard promised? Websites taken down?

Developers have created new AI software that can detect cheating by looking at players movements and seeing if they are human or not with high levels of accuracy. According to their data, about 1 in 3 gamers are cheating. Most likely more but at this early stage they were giving a conservative estimate. One in THREE.

Think about the feedback you see on the forums asking for things like free trade and now think about the fact 1 in 3 of these people could be advocating for this because they like to cheat the system.

It’s in the Blizzard End User License Agreement.

YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY READ THIS AGREEMENT (THE “AGREEMENT”) BEFORE INSTALLING OR USING BLIZZARD’S ONLINE GAMING PLATFORM. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MAY NOT INSTALL OR OTHERWISE ACCESS THE PLATFORM.

Cheating: Create, use, offer, promote, advertise, make available and/or distribute the following or assist therein:

1. cheats; i.e. methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard (whether accomplished using hardware, software, a combination thereof, or otherwise), influencing and/or facilitating gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;

If buying gold and legendries off rmt websites with real money isn’t gaining an advantage over other players then I don’t know what is.

26 Likes

K

2 Likes

I’ll never understand how people put this much effort into a game. I’m too tired for all this, lol.

4 Likes

Youtube spam

5 Likes

This is going to be a real worry. It is one of the reasons why I liked that Poe doesn’t use gold.

2 Likes

poe just uses exalted/divine orbs that people sell. Id rather d4 make nothing tradable.

17 Likes

oh man the last thing this game needs is to be ruined by jsp like d2r heh

at this point id be down to close all and any trading. not even kidding.

25 Likes

Oh no, people found a glitch in a beta! Whatever will we do?

7 Likes

How is an AI software that produces so many false positives “highly accurate?”

3 Likes

Dunno why gold was an issue. I farmed 1mil in about 4hrs…Did it a few times… after 1st weekend, I had 2mil, so this weekend, I only farmed about 1 mil and was just upgrading like crazy…

I’m actually amazed they included any trading in D4 tbh.

1 Like

you cant trade unique items or legendaries so whats even the point in gold? i guess you’ll be able to respect to your hearts content or make sure your gear is always repaired

3 Likes

I really don’t understand why gold is tradeable. Make items currency for trading. This way people will actually have to farm something decent for trade instead of just buy gold off an rmt website. They’ll still be able to buy rares off an rmt website but it’s still 1 more layer of annoyance for rmt.

Gold should not be tradeable.

3 Likes

So instead of gold, I should trade 20 duped SOJs?

Trading creates problems that will need to be addressed, but getting rid of gold doesn’t do anything to address them.

2 Likes

Good luck duping without getting your account banned game is always online.

Or add a solo self found league. As much as i hate the act of trading, arpgs are just terrible without some kind of economy. Give me trade over relying purely on rng. RMT is going to happen. If they can’t RMT, they bot farm paragon like D3. It’s primarily a solo player pve, so its whatever. At least the bots/rmt allows me to in-game buy crafting mats in bulk on the cheap.

Account bound items are one of the worst decisions in the history of the genre.

2 Likes

My small group of friends likes to trade and I am an altoholic. Trading makes the game fun for us, it’s a way we can support each other and finesse some small semblance of community out of the dead spaces that most games are most of the times these days. I’m sick and tired of bad people taking away fun things for good people. I’m tired of being punished for bad people’s actions.

If there’s cheating, ban the cheaters and ban the people who pay for the cheating. Leave the rest of us alone.

1 Like

d2r is always online and theres a mass duping extravaganza every damn ladder :wink:

dont underestimate the naughty boys

3 Likes

This DIDNT make my nipples itchy

2 Likes

Making nothing tradable in d4 would be fine…if 90% of builds didn’t require specific legendaries to work. The itemization goes completely against the no trade idea.

2 Likes