Ban gold trading

The words you attempted, and failed, to use have the same meaning in your native language as they do in english so your excuse carries no water.

My native language is much more complicated than English. And it’s harder to translate, word by word. But I guess you are also a linguistics professor as well as a car salesman.

Don’t pretend to know anything about my culture, or my language. You’re starting to sound racist.

But you keep writing those sentances. I know it makes you feel better.

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Twenty characters

Are you well sir? If not, try reducing the intake of Copa Cola.

that has nothing to do with the discussion at hand though…

1. you can get the items you want on any characters, smart loot isn’t 100% and also you can just try different builds

2. you know…Weird idea but…nothing stop you from playing the game without having every BIS gear… i mean …it’s the point of the game xD

3. you can , like a normal mature human being, make do with what you currently have at hand…nothing forces you to NEED all BIS gear…you can just play with whatever character you want at any moment.

4. and yes, these “countless hour” you speak of are called farming, you know, the whole point of a farming game…that’s what make eventually getting the item sought after even better.

you just want everything handed to you on a silver platter in a easy mode that’s all.
sorry but no, what the point of a farming game if you can get every BIS through others without putting actual playtime yourself ?

also you know, it’s ok to not have everything,…it’s the same in life :stuck_out_tongue:

English is my third language personally.
Im from europe.
but i don’t see how it could be different, i mean you express yourself quiet decently i must say. :ok_hand:

No it’s not. Let’s look at the numbers.

This post has 85 likes in favour of NO TRADING.

This post has 35 likes in favour of UNLIMITED TRADING. It went up 1 day after the previous post likely in protest of the NO TRADING post that was getting so many likes and a lot of traction.

Your numbers are based off nothing but your wishful thinking of how you would like it to be. More than 2/3rds of the people that took part in these posts over the days they were on the top of the forum, don’t want any trading whatsoever.

They happened right after beta when forums were most active.

Many votes have happened for this subject. On reddit posts were made with poll and it was heavily in favour of no trading.

It’s been proven time and time again that majority of players do not want ANY trading at all. Let alone restricted trading.

This post here gives you some idea of how people feel also.

If you watch the video about cheating in the post above you’ll see 1 in 3 players cheat. Funny how those numbers line up with how many people want trading. Coincidence much?

We for sure can say that some of the people who want unlimited trading are cheaters, botters and people that RMT. We already know that thousands of people take part in these activities. Some of the votes in favour of trading should absolutely be disregarded because they are cheaters. There are 100% some of the people that plan to make money off the game coming to the forums to try and secure their bag and facilitate being able to do this in the future.

You’re vastly outnumbered and some of your voters are obviously going to be people that want to RMT.

2 Likes

Oh hell no, not only did I preorder D4, I also pre-ordered 100 Trillion gold as well. If D3 is any indication, I’ll need at least that for full yellows by 50ish.

1 Like

this will be d3 rmah all over again where people were making 20k+ usd a month. no wonder jsp and their rmt ilk are drooling over launch.

Hmm ok, so you want to use RMT to imitate issues such as inherited wealth where the character of one player is given a disadvantage comparatively to the character of another player despite the appearances of a level playing field. I guess that would replicate the system more accurately than I originally foresaw.

I’m mainly playing for the roleplaying aspects of becoming like a cool Wizard or whatever, not really fussed over those things that are seemingly motivating you but I will try to empathise with you as best I can, though I assume you’ve had a very different life to myself to come to those conclusions. The goal IMO is to make each of the activities fun and enjoyable rather than intentionally have boring parts of the game to incentivise an economy that i personally believe only motivates a more select subset of the playerbase.

1 Like

So people have to just party up to trade? Which with the current system is likely to be a semi requirement because you won’t be able to see 100% of players on the server anyway. Not sure if you can see their messages or not though.
Are you instead suggesting that you can only trade items that dropped while you were partied with a particular person/people? That would be an incredible amount of stored information that is needed to make that system even remotely effective and would likely be prohibitively expensive in terms of data storage overhead for 0 benefit to Blizzard here.

errrr …not quiet ?

i meant merely the D3 system where you could give the item to the party member that was there at the moment of the drop.
and there was no data storage needed for it, as soon the holder logged out / leave the game the item wouldn’t be tradeable / shareable anymore to the previous party member.

basically the D3 system. (after the auction house was no longer there and when items were account bound , except for this specific case i detailed )

hmm i guess you never played wows newer expansions then. It has this system for a lot of expansions now. I think draenor expansion introduced it.
It makes all items that dropped in a party/raid tradeable for 2 hours with those party members only.

So i would imagine it is not hard to implement that for d4 also.

If there is no data storage needed then the data never existed.
You suggest the data is wiped the moment someone logs out. If we do a little math the numbers get big pretty quick. We can safely assume that there will be more than 1 million players (D3 sold over 15 million copies so I am taking a fraction of that as a conservative estimate for D4) online at least in the early days. Lets assume that a conservative half of those party up and data for who they were partied with on an item is 1 bit. So we are looking at 500,000 bits per item. We don’t know the drop rate of items but lets assume in a given time of 1 hour they get 600 items (10 items a min once again I am thinking this is super conservaitve).
So we have 500,000 bits * 600 items every hour is 300 million bits that will then have to be processed off those items and returned as available storage assuming all players only play for 1 hour.
But wait! we also need to keep a flag to make sure that item is tagged for the other 500,000 players as untradable so there is another 300 million bits of comparison that has to hapen if a trade is attempted, but we then have to do that for the original 300 millon bits etc.
Sure the storage numbers only amount to a few mb an hour but the processing also has to happen and it is overhead that solves nothing in my opinion.
This is also with very very conservative numbers, I feel confident in saying we will likely see a 10x increase in those numbers for anywhere up to a year from launch.

That system is only for Raid items though, not 100% of items. The suggestion in this thread is for 100% of items dropped while in a party which will also have to include 100% of players. It’s not an apples to apples comparison because you are looking at an order of magnitude more storage and processing requirements in WoW vs. D4 with that idea.

Edit.
People have stopped considering that storage and processing is something that has to be considered because we can just throw more hardware at a problem these days, but that is how you end up with games with stupid high hardware requirements to run, or stop being profitable for a company to host on their servers anymore and get shut down.
I guarantee it is a consideration the devs and/or accountants are making to get as much profit from the game with as little unnesscary overhead as possible.
If we don’t add X to the game we can have 1 more player hosted on our existing architecture vs. having the feature and having to add another shard to the server, type considerations is what this boils down to.

is this trolling ? :confused:

you know that it’s something done in D3 and even some other blizzard game ?

also what does the other players have to do with it ?

it’s basically : Player A and B play together.
Player A find a legendary, which in turn will be “account bound” except for A and B.

as long as player A and B stay in the same party, A can give the legendary to B, as soon as the party is disbanded the legendary won’t be shareable anymore between A and B

i fail to see why you are even talking about bits and data storage for something this simple that blizzard do in multiple game…and even D3 itself, you know , the predecessor of D4 ?

They didn’t do it from the start of any of those games. It was only ever introduced when the playerbase had dropped to the point where it can be implemented. D3 only has an online playerbase of sub 20k currently. WoW has a playerbase of a few million, but for what they have implemented if for it only impacts a few thousand items at any given time (raid population is only about 10% to 20% of their playerbase and with the 2 hour expiry is it more managable).
D4 is looking at a few million players at minimum for launch and you will have a high portion of those likely partying up (you can also have more than 2 people in a party fyi). So these numbers are important and no I am not trolling here.

Literally the entire game is farming and trading… now you wanna ban 99.9% of trading? LOL.

Yall really do want “World of Sanctuary” dont you.

Just play WoW… like seriously. Go play wow thats literally the game youre begging for.

1 Like

You can’t make me care about this. Sure gold selling spam is super annoying in chat but aside from having to right click report spammers now and then I just don’t care.

1 Like

You can trade in wow, or did you forget that? Maybe you missed the fact the whole game economy is ruined by bots because of trading, or did you miss that too?

2 Likes

Imagine thinking that someone else doing RMT transactions in a game somehow impacts your level of enjoyment or capacity to earn items the way you want to earn them.

“HEY I want them to stop doing stuff I don’t like!!”

Have you anti-capitalist, preaching, twenty something year old folks here tried just minding your own business?

I guess if you did that it wouldn’t give you an opportunity to control other people under the assumed disguise of social justice.

CaPiTaLiSm DuM!!! LeT’S dO AuThoRitArIanIsm!

1 Like