[Main Thread] PC - Game Client Freezes at "Logging into Diablo IV" When Launched on Certain NVMe Drives

same issues 3080ti no idea how it can be so broken for so many

1 Like

i have same issue I think it has to do with installing on the c drive or certain MME drives . alot of us with WD drives had this problem… reinstalling to an old ssd D drive right now see if it fixes it or else i am screwed.

1 Like

This! I just tried this based on another thread - moved game files to C: drive, located them via bnet settings (to avoid full reinstall), launched the game, everything works and I’m in character selection now

1 Like

I had no problems during the beta and installed the game to my C: drive which is a NVME drive. Now I am uninstalling and putting it on my external D: drive that’s an SSD and hoping for the best (same location the beta was installed to).

4090 latest drivers, AMD 7950x CPU with latest chipset drivers

1 Like

Mine are on C: drive and I still have this issue.

1 Like

Hey all,

There are over a ton of reasons why this might happen, unfortunately, and we wouldn’t be able to troubleshoot all of these in one thread.

My best advice to you all if this is happening is to check the troubleshooting for your error on this thread:

If it doesn’t help, you’d want to follow the instructions at the bottom of the post to submit a ticket or create a thread of your own. (Note that because of how busy the forums are currently, you are more likely to receive a reply to a ticket than an individual thread.)

Installed the game to a USB SSD and it works. Was using 2 NVME"s Solidigm P44 Pro that just wasn’t working. So try to install on different hard drives till the game finally works.

2 Likes

Same solution for me, moved install from kingston nvme to a slow hdd and game runs

2 Likes

There is nothing in that thread about the game client freezing at “Logging into Diablo IV”…

8 Likes

Your reply isn’t helpful.
It’s like you didn’t even read the other replies.

3 Likes

Same issue(s) here:

I have to spam click to avoid freeze on launch (same thing happened in beta/server slam).
The game freezes/crashes at “Logging into Diablo IV…”

Specs:
CPU: 7800x3D
GPU: 4090
RAM: 64 GB

I’ve tested the game on D:\ and C:. I’ll try an external hard drive next.

All my drives are Solidigm P44 Pro 2TB M.2 2280 drives.

edit: Using Crystal Disk Mark on the NVME drive d4 was on while loading did let me into the game.
I set it up with 5 test using 2GiB block size.

This morning I had to bump it up to 9 test and 16GiB, but it might just have been a timing thing. The test needs to be running when it goes to Log in.

2 Likes

Least helpful reply. Read this thread, we have done everything in your article which is basic pc 101 repair. YOU have some kind of bug that we need help with. Please escalate this.

Ironically, I submitted a ticket first and got a reply to this thread before the ticket. lol Probably won’t see a reply to my ticket for a week.

5 Likes

While I appreciate your response, we’ve mostly tried all these things. This isn’t an issue with our computers. It’s an issue with your software. All that’s left is to try a fresh install of the game, which shouldn’t work. If it does, than your scan & fix doesn’t function properly.

6 Likes

Please escalate this issue ASAP.

8 Likes

Very unhelpful. Those are some basics. People tried those on the Server Slam.

Here, try again, we are stuck at " Logging Into Diablo IV … "

3 Likes

A friend mentioned this workaround (moving game to a slower drive). So I suggested he run a disk benchmark (CrystalMark for example) while loading. It worked. He hasnt been able to get in for the last 90 minutes until he tried that.

1 Like

I uninstalled the game from my NVME drive and installed it to my external D: drive where my beta files were originally located. When the game download turned yellow, I launched the game and clicked the logo quick several times and brought me to the queue. I was able to finally get in. Hopefully this helps someone else.

1 Like

i am doing this now… DIabl 4 doesnt work on my NVME it appears… alo tof people wiht the newer WD ones cat get it to load.

1 Like

you guys were told of this issue with a giant thread after server slam aned no one did anything… The game doesnt run on newer NVME it appears… i have every other blizzard game and a dozen other high end games that all work fine.

2 Likes

WD - BLACK SN850X game doesnt run for many many people on this drive. reinstalling to a 7 year old ssd i had in a drawer… will let you know if that works.

2 Likes