[Main Thread] PC - Game Client Freezes at "Logging into Diablo IV" When Launched on Certain NVMe Drives

I’m using a SK Hynix Platinum P41. I can try looking around for another drive, but I don’t think I have one.

Me either, this PC is brand new and only has 1 4TB hard drive. RIP.

I’ve recommended troubleshooting to the thread for a reason, KingRajesh. There are currently plenty of players online without issues, and we don’t currently suspect a game bug. This is especially true because people in even this thread are piggybacking with totally unrelated issues. You’ll need to troubleshoot the error using the crash suggestions in the sticky thread and contact support if you need more help.

Now I can’t even get to the logging freeze any more, it goes blizzard logo then diablo logo and freezes

I ran crystal mark benchmark on my ssd while i logged it, worked first try. Guess nvme ssds are too fast xD cant believe it but it worked

Try running CrystalDiskMark while launching. Not kidding.

it is a bug becasue the game worked for eveyone first beta then server slam this came up and is continuing… it wont run on WD - BLACK SN850X for many many people… but installing it on old drive fixes it so far. so what do we need to do to get it to run on high end newer NVME?

1 Like

HOLY **** THIS ACTUALLY WORKED

they were aware of this for the last month and didnt fix it… hop on facebook and find someone with a 5 year old ssd for sale cheap…

Game freezes during the intro video. When I am really fast and skip it I enter the queue and the game freezes before I go to the character screen.
Tried different workaround. Nothing worked.
This didn’t happen during the first two betas so it is definitely a software issue.
i9 11900K
RTX 3080 Ti
64 GB DD4 RAM
NVMe drive

CONFIRMED-- all the fixes didnt do anything. went from my brand new WD - BLACK SN850X to a 7 year old ssd and now works fine…

2 Likes

Dude take a look at this forum, there are COUNTLESS players reporting crashing. Myself included. Please, start being helpful or sign yourself off these forums because your lack of desire to help anyone is really off-putting.

6 Likes

Can someone help me understand how to install the game on an external ssd

I also think its ridiculous i need to do this to try and get the game to run

1 Like

tried it. Didnt work

With all due respect, please try harder to be helpful. Your troubleshooting suggestions were tested back on the serverslam, most of the guys here including me have tried pretty much everything.

Dont you see people are actually going crazy and installing this on some old and external drives? Or running third party software with the one hope it would somehow help.

I too having same issue, I actually logged into game first time, made character played till level 4, then quit game. I installed latest Nvidia drivers from Nvidia website. Reboot computer, then I tried to log into game, after in que, says Logging Into Diablo IV and gets stuck there for a good minute to 3 minutes, then crashes.

I tried what some of you did with CrystalDiskMark, did not help

It’s disrespectful to treat your customers like this. I even spent an extra hour uninstalling/reinstalling per your suggestion to no avail. This isn’t a troubleshooting issue; it’s a bug. I’d much more appreciate a “Hey, we don’t know what’s going on, but please submit some info, and we’ll try to get it fixed” than demanding your customers with falsehoods. I understand you’re probably under pressure to reply and do all this stuff, but no reason to be disrespectful to people supporting your company.

4 Likes

I’m having the same problem yet the prior betas worked fine. This is clearly a game issue as my drivers and hardware are entirely the same.

2 Likes

How many have tried the CrystalDiskMark thing? Does it work? How do you do it?

Please help!

1 Like

Same problem. Can’t get past the title screen.

1 Like