Pay to Win promise has been broken

lmao I LOVE standard edition tears, we have the ATC club now we need the EARLY ACCESS CLUB (EAC).

Pay 2 win? your paying for a chance to get your name etched into a statue XD.

Has no combat no additional stats no nothing. ITS A COSMETIC you idiot lmao.

1 Like

There is no pay to win here, op is just being salty and envious.

1 Like

Let’s create a DUC (Deluxe Ultimate Club) where EA members get Ancestral item dips before standard edition people. :joy:

Same logic by OP. If someone buy game after a month, two will complain game is p2w. As i cant compete with players, that bought the game at release. You should be a shame Blizz :smiley:

I didn’t get early access and I don’t care. I think they should remove leaderboards and races. Its ruining both the community and ever game that uses it. Look what its doing now.

Looks like P2W+ to me.

A HC race competition is being held by Blizzard. People who paid more get in earlier, and streamers also get 10 days of early access to learn things that will be important in HC - for example, any one shot boss mechanics. If this is how Blizzard is holding its first D4 competition, then it suggests that seasonal ladders will also have unfair advantages built in.

I don’t really understand the people justifying this with arguments like ‘most people wouldn’t be racing/competing’. It’s a principle in game or sport that if there is a competition that all participants should be treated fairly; it is wrong if even a single competitor who paid for a regular copy is given a late race start.

Hopefully Blizzard will rethink this.

So don’t look at them. It’s a race for people who enjoy it. Why do you care who gets to 100 before you? What do they win that you don’t. I personally don’t care about the leaderboards but they are good for the people who enjoy the race.

2 Likes

If you are that concerned then pay the extra money. It will probably be a list of content creators and/or streamers anyway. There are too many of them to even worry about the event. Even normal people who get to play during the “Early Access” time won’t make the list.

• Does this event matter? Not unless you are that obsessed with having your name on a Lilith statue plaque.

I didn’t purchase the edition I bought for this event and I honestly don’t care about it because the event won’t impact my gameplay in any way.

As for the leaderboard type stuff is that these won’t release until later in 2023 so people can get used to character builds. Again, Anyone who isn’t a content creator and/or streamer won’t have a chance at getting their name on a Lilith statue as those people have played more of the game than the average person.

Complaining won’t change this fact even if everyone starts at the same time.

Since OP is so distraught, does anyone know where I can order a baby bottle off Amazon to be sent to them?

Of course there are advantages to paying more money.

Pay2Win isn’t this. Pay2Win games often involve people paying hundreds to thousands of dollars a month to be “the best.” You read that amount right, and I’ve seen hundreds of people do it across multiple games. Be thankful we aren’t doing that.

P2W is an easilly abused excuse for cheapskates.

Oh for the love of all evil! This topic had been chewed to the bone. It is not pay to win, it has no advantage in it, every other game in the last decade had EA versions, no body cared and suddenly everybody cares when it comes to ActiBlizz. Grow the F up.

1 Like

So just wondering… If D4 gets discounted in 6 months… And someone buys it at 80% price in Dec 2023… And that person is unable to compete for Lilith statue tag, since promotional event is over by that time… Is this P2W as well, since all the actual competitors had to pay full price? Well, if this is the case, then I guess Blizz would no longer be allowed to lower D4 price ever after, right? :thinking:

No, this is not right.

Come on, promo is a promo, and has no significant impact on in-game power.

It’s not like I am happy with how much Blizz is applying preferential practices with their promos even prior to game starts (KFC promo that is exclusive to USA is another example), but at this time they have not yet broken any of their promises.

I’m unsure if they are acting in their own interest, since this is exactly what makes people worried and suspicious, but well, this is their choice, and their privilege to chose how they are advertising their product. :man_shrugging:

As an early access player, I will be concentrating on the first playthrough. Otherwise, meh.

Um, your name at the top of a leaderboard is winning something. Immortalizing it on a statue is winning. I definitely see the validity of what these people are saying.

This is pay to win in every way its defined. You pay for early access to gain an advantage on the first leaderboard.

The more I think about this, I don’t think there IS a leaderboard. There is nothing in game that shows who has hit HC 100 or in what order.

The “contest” is the first 1000 people who hit HC 100 AND:

• Submit their entry into the contest via Twitter
  • Have done so without any automation/cheating
  • Have a Battletag that is not a violation of Blizzard’s rules

There will be many people who hit HC 100 and never even bother to submit to the statue opportunity. All of Maxroll seem to have decided they won’t be submitting when they hit HC 100.

There is no leaderboard showing who hit HC 100 and when. It will just be a collection of the first 1000 who submit an entry following the rules Diablo IV Hardcore Victories Contest - Rules

2 Likes

What does anything that you said have to do with what I posted?

Wow you have to buy this op armor set to be viable in d4, it doesn’t matter tho just don’t pvp skip a major part of the game you don’t have to do it. I’m not sure how you blizzard fan boys don’t see how dumb that sounds

So that means it doesn’t need to be a fair race? Because some people don’t care?

Besides, this makes it worse. Blizzard is having competitions that require you to have twitter as well. You know how many people have got off twitter since it changed ownership?

1 Like