Pay to Win promise has been broken

I consider this contest to be a breach of the promise that there would be no P2W.

Standard edition players will have no ability to compete against those that will have early access.
This is the very definition of Pay2Win, this contest will end before standard edition players even get access to their game.

65 Likes

What a poor and silly argument. There is nothing compete about.

57 Likes

Lol jesus christ, you people will reach as far as you can to play victim, wontcha?

59 Likes

Except a contest Blizz just proposed for the first 1000 HC players to level 100?

What are you even talking about.

12 Likes

Okay, pay2win your name on a statue of Lilith at Blizzard HQ? That seems very minor to me.

4 Likes

doesnt matter if its minor to you, its still pay to win, hes not wrong tho

25 Likes

Maybe not. But gee, is it ever a minor thing. Doesn’t actually help you win anything in the game. Is OP planning to play HC and get in the top 1000 anyway? Don’t seriously think 99.9% of players are functionally affected by this.

11 Likes

You could also argue that having your name on a physical statue is more akin to a cosmetic than actually “winning” in the game. Just another way to look at it.

15 Likes

And unless you are going to play like 60 hours in the first three days, you probably aren’t going to have a shot anyway.

4 Likes

Pay2Win in all forms is bad, minor or major it is not acceptable.
This is not something to ignore, this is something that can easily bloom and turn the game to diablo immortal if you decide to ignore it.

This is Pay2Win, this fits the very definition of paying for advantage and Blizz has directly stated that would not exist in this game.
This is a breach of that promise, and breaching a promise is not acceptable regardless how “minor” it is to you.

12 Likes

Im not playing a HC character but i have early access :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I think it’s a bit of a stretch to say because there’s a contest to have your name engraved on a statue we are just one step away from the DI model. It’s more like a cosmetic anyway.

6 Likes

its completly irrelevant if its minor or not, if the price is bad or not just answer one question. Does someone who spend more for early access have an advantage above someone who doesnt. Tell me

1 Like

I did preorder and you are 1000% right.

7 Likes

Its not pay2win, by the definition i go by: being able to buy power either directly or indirectly. Having a head start is an advantage, but its not a power advantage within the games systems, so its not p2w.

But it can be looked at as unfair.

4 Likes

Not in the game itself, no.

1 Like

All that being said, the contest should probably not start until S1. But then people in eternal would have a fit. So, not sure they can make everyone happy here.

2 Likes

No it isn’t, Pay2Win elements have been introduced, it is not a stretch to believe that introducing Pay2Win elements will further bring forth more Pay2Win elements.

You have the chance now to slap Blizz on the wrist and remind them of their promise or look the other way and give Blizz the nod that you’re perfectly fine of Pay2Win elements being introduced in the game.
Its your decision on how quickly this game goes up in flames, if you want this game to be great and succeed you’d stop your fanboy stunt you’re doing right now.

6 Likes

The statue cost 600 USD on their shop.

1 Like

People who might be interested in such a thing (Being in the first 1000 to 100 on hardcore) will obviously want to start as early as possible to have a chance. Anyone sitting on the fence about buying the early access are going to feel compelled to do so now

6 Likes