[Main Thread] Unable to find a valid license for Diablo IV. (Code 315306)

So after refunding and re-buying the Ultimate edition I still get the 315306 error. I’ve tried reinstalling, i’ve tried waiting 15 minutes, i’ve logged out of the launcher, I’ve reset the pc, i’ve logged out of the launcher and back in, i’ve tried bypassing the launcher by adding -launch to the diablo iv.exe.

doesn’t look like there’s anything that can be done on this end which means this just needs blizzard to take action.

4 Likes

Agreed, I’ve done all those steps as well. Its on Blizzard to fix, it is something tied to our account.

This would work I bet

1. Refund
  2. Purchase Under a new account or buy a KFC sandwich under a new account
  3. Login and play

This leads me to believe that it could be ip based.

No. There are already people posted that people in the same house can play while another person cannot. It is account based issue.

Ah fair play. I haven’t read through all the comments. Thanks for the heads up.

All good. I might seem frustrated… for obvious reasons. :slight_smile:

Is there something that the account owner needs to do? Or do you think this is on Blizzard’s end as a way to throttle and we’ve just been unlucky?

**** Updated Information ****

• It’s 100% account based for getting this error
  • It doesn’t matter if you pre-purchased a specific edition, got it from KFC, etc.
  • Once you get the error, it does not seem you can every get back in, regardless if you got in the first place OR never got in. There hasn’t been any report of someone getting this error every getting back into the game AFAIK.
  • People are able to get in on one account while another is getting this error from the same LAN so it’s not IP, network, etc. based.
  • It’s not just people that ‘have been playing’ able to still play. In my own experience a friend that started playing (or first queued) at the same time I did, and got into the game, stopped playing many hours ago. I’ve been queueing since the start with this error and have never gotten in. He then queued up again just recently and got right back in after his queue timer went through. It’s not random, it’s attached to accounts for some reason.
  • Users have made a new bnet account, pre-purchased and gotten in on a new account where they have been erroring with this for hours/all day.
3 Likes

I don’t think it has anything to do with throttling, the blue that replied here was replying back when the original poster posted the wrong error code. The throttling is just the queue we are sitting in. The error is something else.

There is a lot of correlation between here and on twitter with people logged in initially and leveled for a bit (level 4-5) and then got this error. This is probably unrelated though, just a coincidence.

I just spent 9 hours of my day sitting in a digital line for a chance to be told to “please go back to the end” by you guys same error over and over can we get some actual ETA? or maybe you all can extend the beta length because man i really wanted to play but insted i got to stare at the same loading screen FOR 9 WHOLE HOURS

1 Like

i highly doubt it’s a throttling issue as many of us have been in this state since the beta launched. Others have been logging in since. Makes no sense to throttle a group of people and then let the flood gates open for everyone else.

The error also doesn’t suggest any kind of throttling. It suggests our accounts do not have valid licenses to participate in the beta.

All of blizzards posts about throttling refer to the long queue times, not black listing people.

If you want to play, I think without waiting for blizzard is to refund and purchase on another account and then refund that account and re-purchase on your main account after its fixed. What a dumb way to play the game.

So unfortunate. It’s not like we changed anything on our accounts for this to trigger. I hope blizz figures it out soon.

Has anyone successfully done this though?

Hey there been having this issue all day. Just got in. Canceled my preorder, created a new account ( same PC) preordered again and bam straight in. Same install so its 100% account based. Will cancel again and move back to my account if they sort it, not ideal but 100% works.

2 Likes

Thanks you for the clarification that it works. I’ll probably do the same tomorrow if its still an issue.

You could just create a second account and get in using a kfc ticket.

That doesn’t fix your account though and if your goal is to get the beta wolf pup unlock then it’s going to be tied to the wrong account.

Attempt 13. Invalid License again.

We shouldn’t have to make another account, Blizzard needs to fix the problem.

2 Likes

Your waiting your time. its an issue on blizzards end. I was trying since it went live and never got in.