[Main Thread] Unable to find a valid license for Diablo IV. (Code 315306)

1. Played Diablo IV Beta approx 10 minutes, then the game disconnects.
  2. No character visible in menu. Restarting game.
  3. Approx 20 minute queue time.
  4. “Unable to find a valid license for Diablo IV. (Code 315306)”
  5. Game exits.
  6. Approx 110 minute queue time.
  7. “Unable to find a valid license for Diablo IV. (Code 315306)”
  8. Game exits.
  9. Restarted Battle.net
  10. Approx 100 minute queue time.
  11. “Unable to find a valid license for Diablo IV. (Code 315306)”
  12. Game exits.
  13. Exiting Battle.net.
  14. Waiting 15 minutes (per Zuvykree’s Customer Support advice below).
  15. Launch Battle.net
  16. Check for updates for Diablo IV Beta - Option Grayed Out
  17. Launch Diablo IV Beta
  18. Approx 21 minute queue time
  19. “Unable to find a valid license for Diablo IV. (Code 315306)”
  20. Game exits.
  21. Approx 58 minute queue time
  22. “Unable to find a valid license for Diablo IV. (Code 315306)”
  23. Game exits.
  24. Approx 82 minute queue time
  25. “Unable to find a valid license for Diablo IV. (Code 315306)”
  26. Game exits.
  27. Check for Updates - None available.
  28. Scan & Repair.
  29. Approx 43 minute queue time
  30. “Unable to find a valid license for Diablo IV. (Code 315306)”
  31. Game exits.
  32. Approx 29 minute queue time
  33. “Unable to find a valid license for Diablo IV. (Code 315306)”
  34. Giving up after 6 hours of trying to play.
  35. The following evening I was finally able to log in. No idea why it works now.
  • Will update as I learn more…
  • Edit: Fixed code number typo from 314306 to 315306
  • Edit: Added steps 11-18
  • Edit: Europe/Ultimate Edition account, if it matters.
  • Edit: Added steps 19-21
  • Edit: Added steps 22-24
  • Edit: Added steps 25-29
  • Edit: Seems to be account related and nothing with your system to do. Below post.
  • Edit: Added steps 30-34
  • Edit: Reports of creating new account on same PC let people play further suggesting it’s an account based issue. Below post.
  • Edit: Can play now.
29 Likes

Same exact issue and timeline

Add me to the list. Same issue and same timeline currently at 41 Mins of my second 100 minute queue.

Howdy!

Our team is currently working to resolve server performance issues. This error is a throttle occurring during the queue that will be tuned to allow many more players in as our developer resolves the performance issues.

Overall the recommendation is to wait 5-10 minutes and then try to log in again if you run into this error.

Thank you.

1 Like

That’s an odd error to have as a throttle. That makes it appear as though its a client issue, or an issue with their game license.

It also appears to be affecting the same people multiple times?

1 Like

It is an odd error indeed, however once I’ve waited out the next 50 minutes (eta) I’ll make sure to throw in another 15 minutes of not having Battlenet or Diablo 4 running and try again, should the error persist.

what? I’ve been in two hour + queues and have gotten this error. Authentication process doesnt start until login queue is done… your reasoning for this error does not make sense.

4 Likes

so you expect people to be understanding when all streamers come in without problems and have 4 min queues but the rest of us who pre-purchased the game have to wait 100 min in queue and still not get in because you think streamers are more important than ordinary people

4 Likes

I guess what they mean is “Queue for 120 minutes, if it fails, wait 10 minutes and try queueing 120 minutes again”.

Or, it could be a misunderstanding. Things might be hectic.

2 Likes

Same stuff
2 hours waiting , error , 2 hours queue

LOL. Waiting 10 mins before hopping into a login queue isn’t going to do anything. There’s an authentication issue.

Yeah, well, it’s something to try if we’re going to bash the queue anyway (I share your sentiment that it’s unlikely to do anything for the license validation). I’ll keep the top post updated as we go along.

2 Likes

Same error again, 315306 - unable to find valid license. Third time now.

1 Like

This isn’t really functional as I have now gone through 2 hour+ queues just to get this error. I get that it’s a beta but jfc this is ridiculous. I was able to kill 4 creatures before getting dropped and have not seen character select since 12:04

Attempt 1.35min queue.
Attempt 2. 90 min queue.
Attempt 3. 110 minute queue

If this is just bouncing non-streamers, you should bounce us at the start of the first queue.

The error code is 315306 not 314306, I edited the top post. The advice we got from support may have been a solution to a different error code.

1 Like

Least its a 41 minute queue this time…

I’ve tried, verifying game, restarting full computer, and waiting 10 mins at least before trying this time.

There is a new blurb in launcher saying they’re investigating issues with failed authentication logins.

2 Likes

Is this the same solution for error code 315306?

‘Solution’ - might be a stretch, appears the same response/error though.

No working fix as yet I’ve found.

i dont understand how theres an authentication issue for select accounts. I just watched multiple streamers successfully login.