[Main Thread] Texture quality can only go to medium

The game seems to have not capped the frame rate sometimes , literally using 99% of the vram and 100% gpu load for a while .

This isn’t good , some of these cheaper variant of GPU isn’t very durable , extended running at 100% gpu load is going to push some GPU to their limit .

Hey all, my bricked card is also a gigabyte.

Odd thing is the wife has the exact same PC but with an Asus TUF 3080ti, no issues.

Also zero overclocking if that makes a difference.

Ulikely to be a driver problem. not saying it’s not possible, but I encountered this before.
When I play Diablo II Resurrected (and I’ve been playing it for many months), first my 2080 Super, now my 3090 Suprim X, they both go through the roof in noise and power draw, unless I use an FPS limit. Once I limit it, everything normalises, noise, temp, power, everything. You can see my post here below if you want.
On 3090 I even use undervolt in general with very beneficial result (set Afterburner to apply it automatically at windows start-up).
Unlike other games, Diablo 2 R and now Diablo 4, have very good graphics and are very well optimized. Unlike games like Hogwarts legacy or Dead Space Remake, where you’re lucky if you can break 60FPS even with DLSS enabled, those 2 Diablos can run with a ton of FPS if you permit them, especially if you enable DLSS, and especially if you have a high end GPU, even at 4k resolution…
They arrive very quickly to high temps and max power draw, which for 3090 or 3080TI is a whopping 450W… and from here the increased burn-out chances.

1 Like

Same issue with me, Gigabyte 3080Ti…
When I got to an area where a cinematic seems to have started, monitors went black, fans started to run REALLY loud. I hard shut off my PC by holding the power button and now it wont turn back on. When I press power, fans don’t spin and only RGB that lights up is my RAM. I took out my 3080Ti and for my old 1080Ti and everything booted up properly… Looks like the game may have fried my 3080Ti. Not sure what to do now…

1 Like

It is very unlikely they are frying a very specific model , because I have seen 3090 and 3090ti going down in some topics too . And a 3080ti is just literally just a 3090 with less VRAM.

But there are obviously a bit more people who own a 3080 ti than the 3090s , so more people are going to encounter problems .

I had a very serious crash today too. Diablo 4 sent an error message about corrupted files, then crash and black screen and after that luckily my GPU was not dead but very strange things happened all the icons from my desktop disappeared and Google Crome was frozen too. After a restart most of the things seemed to be fine but my audio has gone which means that Youtube videos, Netflix and other games have no sound. I completely give up on beta because I don’t want to loose my GPU.

I think this is a very serious issue, the release date is literally close (only 3 months) this is not big game breaker bug with some essential quest or a huge problem with class balance this is much more than that. I think games have these kind of problems in the development state around early alpha not in a late beta phase 3 months before release.

I participated in many beta tests, and I always trying to really test the game and reporting issues not just playing with it. In beta phases of Wow I mostly reporting bugs with quests, graphic anomalies or I providing feedback about class balance but the new Wow expansion as a whole always seemed to be a finished product which only needs some last corrections.

This is my first beta test with a Blizzard game where I feel that a very early version of the game was provided to me which is full of very serious errors which can damage my PC.

This is sad because the atmosphere and story looks very promising much better than D3.

I’ll chime in here and state that I had a near identical issue happen last night while in d4. All the sudden I hear my fans kick upto 100%, gpu and cpu usage 100% and memory maxed out. I begin to smell something and try to shutdown the machine but nothing responding. I force shutdown as I see the temps starting to match the 100% load. Luckily I was able to turn machine back on and didn’t fry my card but I’m scared shatless to do the beta again tbh.

This is with:
ASUS Strix 4080 OC
5600x
32GB 3600MHz
4K maxed out
NO DLSS
Most recent NVIDIA drivers

My temps, usage & and fan speed were from streamdeck from HWID.

After i noticed my 3080ti chugging a bit during the initial prologue i turned my settings from high to medium and it stopped.

HOWEVER ive read several alarming instances of D4 outright BRICKING 3080tis specifically with little indicator on whats causing it.

The gameplay was great and all, but im not risking my GPU to play a beta.

Edit: oh, i guess the dudes with bricked 3080s are here too.

No issues with my EVGA HYDROCOPPER 3080 Ti FTW3. Playing 4k Gsync(LG CX) set to 117fps, maxed graphic settings, HDR, no DLSS. OC’d to 1950MHz core and +500MHz mem.
5800X is also blocked in the same loop, all core 4.8GHz(Thanks, Hydra!) and 32GB of 3600CL16 RAM. The game is chewing every bit of VRAM and system ram it can take. GPU staying under 60c and CPU staying under 70c, so I’m happy.

Howdy Everyone,

The development team is looking into this issue as we speak, and they have not requested any additional information. We will post here if they need any files or error reports.

For anyone that has a GPU that is possibly bricked I highly recommend contacting the builder of the GPU. There have been a few recalls of 3080’s due to voltage issues that came out in other high preforming gaming and it’s possible the card is one that was recalled. They also need this information just incase there is something they need to do on their end to fix this issue.

2 Likes

I am running a 3080 ti and can only set my texture resolution to medium?
The in-game textures look blurry. Ground textures look like mush and its about half and half on the player armor textures, some cloth will look really good then the leather will look like it is really blurry… on the same peice of gear. These items look horrible. I understand it is beta but I just want to bring this to attention so it can be fixed. I am assuming this is a beta issue as there should be no reason for these video cards to be limited to such low in game textures. The option for high textures says it requires 8 gig VRAM at least and the 3080 ti has well over this amount.

I appreciate everyone who takes the time to read this post. Thank you.

2 Likes

Seems to be some 3000 series issue with textures and this beta.

Same issue with a 3080, tried to modify the value to “2” in the ini, but the option remains on “medium”, i can’t really tell if they are on the highest setting.

On my laptop with a 1050 i can see all the options

Howdy guys,

We are aware that some cards are being locked to Medium graphics. Please keep posting if anything changes. The more information we can get the better for the Development team.

3 Likes

i have 3080 GTX
In setting menu i can only select between LOW or MEDIUM textures quality

why cant i chose - “HIGH” ?

p.s
i have downloaded all 85 gb
have enough Vram (it says u need 8gb for High , and i have 10gb on my Video card)

2 Likes

Same issue with:
rtx 3060ti 8 gb
1440p resolution
16gb ram
high resolution pack downloaded ofcourse.

same issue here 4090 4k

Same issue
4090 1440p

I am having the same issue on an older GPU, GTX1070, 16gb ram.

I cannot select the resolution from ‘low’ and I re-downloaded the game to make sure I had the 85Gb install and I did.

same here with 3070. No high textures available and assets have been downloaded