[Main Thread] Texture quality can only go to medium

5700XT, 1440p, textures also on Medium, High not available.

Only medium and low texture settings available. Asus ROG STRIX RTX 2080, i7 5820k, 16GB RAM,1080p, high res textures downloaded.

Rtx 2070 locked on medium too

Can anyone confirm if this is only happening with nvidia cards?

200/200 posters are nvidia it seems.

My guess is it will turn out to be some driver related issue in the end (not necessarily out of date drivers though).

Same issue with texture quality setting Low/Medium only, my specs are :

• AMD Ryzen 5 5600X, 6x 3,70GHz
  • Cooler Master Hyper H412R
  • ASUS TUF-RTX3080-O10G-GAMING
  • Asus TUF GAMING B550-PLUS
  • 2x DDR4-RAM - 8GB 3200MHz Kingston HyperX Fury
  • CSL THOR, 3x USB 3.1 Gen1, schwarz, AURA RGB
  • Asus ROG Strix 850W

so far my GPU is at around

• 44-65°C
  • 10% to 25% workload with ocassional 40% spikes

I have all graphic settings on max 1440p , except the framerate which I tuned down to 120 mx after reading through this thread.
Usually play PoE, Bf2042, SOTF, Elden Ring, RoR2 all on max settings with no issues.

I have this issue with a 5700XT as well.

Pretty sure it’s because we all have 16gb of RAM or less… Not VRAM, just RAM… Not sure why this is, but it seems to be the theme, nobody I know with 32gb is having the problem. - Guess it’s just a coincidence that “most” getting the issue have 16gb of ram. Maybe it’s a combination of resources or just a random as bug lol…

My laptop has 12 gb and can select high

Laptop RTX 3070 (8GB VRAM)
Ryzen 7 5800H
16 GB RAM
High-Resolution Assets downloaded & installed
Running resolution: 1080p

High Textures option not available for me either. Like others have mentioned here 16GB RAM or less seems to be the main culprit for flagging the system “inadequate” for the setting. Although the fact is that the OP already has 32GB so I really am at a loss here. All that remains as an explanation is that there’s some form of “hardware-whitelisting” from Blizzard’s side and it probably has to go altogether (AFTER proper optimizations of course).

I hope come launch this is fixed.

1 Like

Wait wait, so if the game is literally bricking GPUs… what happens to these peoples cards? Blizzard surely isn’t going to take any responsibility in that and replace peoples cards right? So all these people are just OUT a thousand dollars?

If the game is literally bricking GPUs… what happens to these peoples cards? Blizzard surely isn’t going to take any responsibility in that and replace peoples cards right? So all these people are just OUT a thousand dollars?

Just adding that I also had the issue with my 3080ti ramping up to max and my screen going black a couple of times. I ended up setting the max frames to 144 in the Nvidia controls and haven’t run into any further issues after that.

I doubt the game is bricking GPU’s it’s more likely their power supplies are not adequate for the GPU(which is normally what causes black screens).

Doubt it. Mine died while using a 1000W PSU

Hey all, I used to have a 3080TI, I can confirm D4 did destroy my card, Whether it be the games fault or the manufacturer it was under warranty and I am seeking to return it currently… still kind of messed up blizzard.

Hey just out of curiosity, did you have your framerate capped under “Max Framerate” in the NVidia control panel?

So let me get this straight, the game IS actually ruining cards. Do we know what is causing it?

I have a Asus Radeon RX 6750 XT Dual OC stuck on medium textures Looks super bad