[Main Thread] Texture quality can only go to medium

Running i5-12600k, 32gb ram, RTX 3080ti and the in game texture option only goes up to medium is there any fix for this I do have the high res texture pack downloaded?

2 Likes

Howdy!

EDIT: It seems the high setting for textures is not showing up properly and is bugged. Even if you see High available I recommend sticking with the medium texture setting during the beta.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Hello there,

I installed the High Res pack and still don’t have the option. I double checked the modify install section and it shows that I downloaded it.

2 Likes

I have the exact same problem. And now have to wait 65 minutes to login again…

Same issue here. Did make sure to install the High-Res Texture before Beta lunched - it is installed.

GPU : RTX 2080 8GB Vram

Setting is capped out at medium, not offering anything above that. Anything else in Settings is working fine and gives the options.

1 Like

I’m doing a scan/repair real fast to see if that fixes the issue and shows the higher option.

Same here, and I have a 4070ti ._.

Doesn’t solve anything. High texture settings are still not available. Any further recommendations? Reinstall?

I am also not able to change the texture to high, it’s locked at ‘low’. I have reinstalled the 85Gb with the high res textures and it still does not let me change it. I have a GTX 1070, D12 and 16MB ram, on windows 10 64.

I am also locked on low textures, unable to change.

I also can only select medium textures with my 3070 WITH the full hi res pack installed

2 Likes

Same issue. Low or medium texture qualite. Hi-res pack installed.
Geforce 4080. Latest drivers.

Same Issue!

I have (RX 6700 XT 12 GB VRAM) + 16 GB RAM

Update: I tried re-installing and repairing, still no option for high textures.

AMD 5900x
RTX 3090
16GB RAM
Ultrawide 3440x1440 monitor

I edited the preference text file and changed my texture quality, but I have a two hour queue to find out if it worked.

Where is the text file located?

Same issue on Ryzen 5 5600x, Intel Arc A750 8gb, 16gb ram, 4k 60hz TCL tv at 4k resolution. Game runs smooth otherwise and all other settings on high.

In the Diablo 4 folder within My Documents, the line is “Texture Quality”

Thanks! Found it and set it to 2. Now in queue also to see if it works… in 98 minutes :slight_smile:

did it work? or is it locked?