[Main Thread] Texture quality can only go to medium

My 3080ti died today during the chapel cutscene. Lot’s of toxic people on Reddit don’t believe me but these posts confirm it.

2 Likes

Please tell us what GPU Brands your using this is importend for all of us 3080 useres, up untill now i havent read any other Brand than Gigabyte and only 3080 Ti. I can’t belive that this Problem is just only affecting thos cards.

Gigabyte 3080Ti Gaming OC - 12GB

Bricked my 3080ti as well, been trying to trouble shoot it in old system for the last 2hours by swapping PSUs, MOBAs, RAM, Monitors anything short of taking the card apart to look for damage on the PCB.
It’s propper dead.

Same type of crash at the same cutscene for me, but running an AMD card. Reading about the bricked 3080ti’s is very alarming.

Ryzen R7 5800X3D
RX 6800XT

Add another bricked 3080 ti to the list. I made it past the chapel scene at least, but eventually the screen suddenly went blank and fans ramped to full… Swapped the card out with one from another system just to confirm it was definitely a dead card.

RX6800XT, got the system crash at the Chapel cutscene.

Same problem here, my game just crash after few minutes

I’m trying to play the Beta version, but for some reason I can’t stay in the game for more than a few minutes, and many times I don’t get past the queue screen, and the game just crashes.
I already checked all my hardware, I don’t have a temperature problem either, I already reinstalled the game 2x.
And nothing solves the problem
Please help me
My configuration is Intel I9 10Th, Geforce 2070 Super, 16 Gb RAM, 1 TB SSD

I’m trying to play the Beta version, but for some reason I can’t stay in the game for more than a few minutes, and many times I don’t get past the qeue screen, and the game just crashes.
I already checked all my hardware, I don’t have a temperature problem either, I already reinstalled the game 2x.
And nothing solves the problem
Please help me
My configuration is Intel I9 10Th, Geforce 2070 Super, 16 Gb RAM, 1 TB SSD

Crap…now im scared. I got to the first dungeon past the initial little “town” when mine crashed black screen had to restart. But didn’t Brick my 3080ti. Yet at least… I was gonna try again today in windowed mode and limit fps to a bit under my monitor. This has only ever happened to me before in one other game. The forest I think.

Uh oh. Mines a gigabyte 3080ti too. Black screen crash yesterday. Didn’t Brick it tho and I didn’t check logs for temps. Was gonna try again today in windowed mode with a locked frame rate. But now I’m scared to.

Where did they sticky this? I can’t find it. Or is it just their generic post about updating drivers and closing all other applications and stuff?

Happened to me twice. Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Gaming OC. The screen blacked out, fans were at 100%. I wouldn’t try again if I were you. Some GPUs are being bricked.

Hi guys, I am floored reading this post. 8 do not think we have a Blizzard D4 problem, I think this may be a Nvidia driver problem. Thursday night while playing Midnight Suns my EVGA RTX 3090 did the same thing and blew up on me. I spent Friday replacing my card so I could play D4. This morning I am trying to catch up on the beta and this thread caught my attention. I was using the latest driver, the one post hot fix. Since installing my card 8 reverted to the 529 driver.

Wow im upset is blizzard going to get me a new 3080Ti? Mine is officially dead like a door nail. Blank screen fans go nuts reboot came back on logged back into game tried to change settings boom dead again and now nothing reads card is dead??? WTF how is this a thing and my card is 5 months old. Diablo what the hell bro how is this even a thing.

So update. I did try again. Crashed my computer again to a black screen. But the gpu wasn’t going crazy. I looked at the mobo and was getting a cpu error light. I have a 5900x. So I have no clue wtf is going on.

Stumbled on ths post by accident, and it caught my attention since I have an MSI 3090 Suprim X.
I have the following suggestions for those that want to avoid such problems, and still have one of those 30xx series cards in working condition…

1. Use MSI Afterburner to undervolt your card. Here is a video of how it’s done. It’s for my GPU model, but you can search for yours. The procedure is the same, only the voltage values may differ.
    MSI RTX 3090 SUPRIM X | Undervolted - YouTube
    The 30xx series responds very well to undervolting, with very limited to no performance drop, for a visible gain in temps, noise level and card power draw.
    Did something similar for my card, I limited it to 0.875V (instead of 0.850V as shown in the video).
    The frequency dropped from ~1950MHz to 1860-1890MHz and the frames rate dropped 1-2 FPS at the most. It has the same performace, but it runs cooler even at 100% GPU usage, at 63-65°C from 72-74°C. And the power draw drops from 420-440W to around 350W.
  2. Limit the FPS in the game’s options to your display’s refresh rate. Put the maximum value to 60 or 120FPS or whatever your display’s refresh rate is. I would recommend not going over 120FPS even if your screen can do 144Hz or more… This way you will stop the card from calculating a ton of frames that you don’t actually need in order to have a smooth experience. If you use a 3080TI on a 1080p or 1440p screen, and enable DLSS even on quality, in Diablo 4 your GPU will churn out way over 150FPS, and it will draw a ton of power to do it - hence the burn out. If you put a limit on it you prevent a possible burnout and you still have a buttery smooth image at 120FPS, and the card will run much cooler, and draw less power - win-win-win!

I played D4 like that for 4 continuous hours with my 3090, with the above mentioned settings.
Experienced no problems whatsoever, with a stable continuous 120FPS.
My in-game settings are 4k resolution, limited to max 120FPS (since my LG CX screen has 120Hz), I set the highest possible graphical settings, and set DLSS on Quality.
The rest of my rig is:
Gigabyte Aorus x570 Master
Ryzen 3800x CPU at default, no OC.
32GB GSkill DDR4 at 3600MHz
3x 1TB SSD M.2 Gen 3
850W Corsair HX850 PSU

2 Likes

GIGABYTE Eagle RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GV-N308TEAGLE-12GD was the card I was using that fried. Tried it again this morning, I can hear the sounds of windows 11 starting up but no video whatsoever. Had left my computer unplugged all night just to see if anything changed. Still haven’t tried another card but seems pretty obvious to me it’s video.

Also worth mentioning, I’ve been using these drivers for about a week, and have been playing other games fine in the meantime. No issues except for the D4 beta.

Wish I saw this earlier. Hopefully mods can sticky ShinyHero’s response. 3090 bricked today likely because of the scenario you mentioned

3090 bricked same symptoms above