Game Crashing specifically after patch 1.0.3 (June 27th) (Addressed with Patch)

since the crashing patch 2 days ago, the pc Freeze then crash and one of the codes I get as error is 259F2DFE-4F81-4CDF-A6B2-E15C96B1D7F0

I had been getting Fenris crashes every 1-5 mins since the 1.3 patch on 27th June (played to lv cap on multiple beta weekends and from release prior without a single crash).

Interestingly, before the later ‘fix’ update was released, I changed the following settings:
Textures to low
Disabled dynamic shadows
Disabled soft shadows
I was then able to play a 3 hour session without a crash. Later on, I put the above back to my original settings (textures high and those shadow options on) one at a time to see if I could identify a specific setting that caused the crashing but no further crashes have occurred. I then installed the update when it became available and still yet to see a crash.

I wonder if at least some of the crashes are related to now unsupported value/s in the prefs file (eg preference file generated in beta and variables/values from then are now invalid)?

From June 3rd to July 2nd, 2023, I have experienced more than 235 times of fenris carsh in total. I put the file that the system has returned (the file size is 1.98GB, which is incredibly large, and the path is in “\Diablo IV\BlizzardError \ReportedBugs”) have been uploaded to the OneDrive cloud, how to effectively and correctly send the data to Blizzard official?

I had ton of stuttering and my friend the Fenris Error after 27th June patch, and now after 30th. June patch it’s fine, back to normal!! Thanks

I think you are on to something, because I crashed way to often in d4 for short periode of time when I was mezzing around with aRGB and RGB lightning. Removed some of programs and things got much better :sweat_smile:

And jezz RGB is one big mezz. everyone got their own crap, anyone tryed the one microsoft will “soon” push out of rgb lightning controll?

Fenris is annoying… Come on fix this!!!

Just wanted to drop an update here, I haven’t had a single fenris crash since disabling my cpu overclock. Doesn’t make any sense as it has been a stable oc for years and no other game makes me so this, but I went from having multiple crashes an hour to not having had a single Fenris crash in 4 days.

Trust me guys, give it a shot. Even if it’s been stable for years, even if no other games are causing an issue. If you are running a cpu overclock try disabling it.

I even disabled XMP, I am currently at stock settings minus multi core enhancements, but still the game crashes after a few minutes.
Never saw a single crash before “hotfix” 1.0.3/1.0.3a

I think people are conflating Fenris crashes with CTD & no error.

For those of you crashing to desktop with no error repeatedly, do you have CPU overclocks?

I don’t, and mine is unplayable.

No wonder, on my end it all started with fenris errors (1.0.3) and ended up in CTD (1.0.3a) without any error, not even in event viewer.

Only a bunch of FenrisDebug files with different messages at the bottom, even one with a crash…

[Crash] Thread ‘JobWorker2’ handling fatal error

Also somewhat common (in 3 out of 8 files these are the last messages):

[Online.Systems.CPresence] Unhandled fenris game account presence field | presence_field_id: 11

I am experiencing the same issues as many have stated. D4 was running fine without crashes to desktop until the last “hotfix” was applied. I have crashed to desktop 3+ times with “An unexpected error has occurred” message over the past few days. Basically every time I try to play D4 as I don’t play more than a couple of hours per day.

Windows 11 pro (latest build)
i9-12900k
DDR4 128 GB system RAM
RTX 4090 driver 536.40
CPU and GPU are at stock speeds, no OC. System RAM has XMP profile enabled.

Added -aftermath command line argument, now there is not even a new FenrisDebug file and the crashes persist.

Blizzard, can I please get a refund on this game. Since I have tried to play and cannot play without being locked up within minutes of leaving town, it is not worth my investment in this crap. I play for enjoyment and not frustration. This game is not ready for release and should have been delayed. The last two patches have done nothing to help with the situation. Your lack of concern for this MAJOR issue that is affecting many players is ridiculous.

1 Like

so many crashs now even standing still. Was crashing mostly from using tps. now everything from riding donkey ti selling stuff to vender and telporting tps. Good idea not to start seasons until fixed. Kind of funny beta i never crashed once

I am thinking the best option is to uninstall Diablo IV. It seems to be the main problem.

1 Like

@PezRadar, is the team aware that the June 30 patch did not resolve the crashing issue for a large number of players? I and many others are still unable to play due to frequent crashing.

Guys, do a clean nvidia driver installation, so far it looks like I finally fixed

Still crashing after the latest hotfix. I have over 200 hours with 0 issues since the closed beta until Friday p.m. when I had the first crash.

I’ve reinstalled the game, updated drivers/reverted to old drivers, and adjusted settings in BIOS and in the game, and have one monitor display currently.

I don’t get an error code, or BSOD - my GPU just completely crashes and black screens forcing a hard restart (I can still hear audio).

Windows 10 home
i7-10700k
DDR4 16 GB system RAM
EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 Super
CPU and GPU are at stock speeds, no OC.

Still crashing. Every time I interact with any town npc, wardrobe, town portal or my stash the game crashes roughly 7/10 times, effectively making it unplayable.

I deleted this garbage of a game week’s ago, did a chargeback got my money back and moved on. Stopped in just to see if the dumpster fire still burning, no doubt it is. Best decision made to quit this garbage and protect my PC from the overheating it caused and technical issues that have seemingly disappeared overnight after I uninstalled.