Game Crashing specifically after patch 1.0.3 (June 27th) (Addressed with Patch)

Got home this morning. Fired it up. Standing by stash. Crashed within five minutes twice in a row. Game went from nearly running perfect last week to this.

The patch from yesterday fixed this for me. No more crashes, same as before the latest update. I didnā€™t change anything, still overclocked 4k 144 hz ultra settings. Thanks Blizzard! Hoping they continue to debug this for all others who are still crashing though

After hotfix, still crashing. Doesnā€™t matter what setting I change, repairing game files, uninstall/ reinstall, etcā€¦ bought more ram and installed it, still crashes. Cannot play a game that I spent $70 on, if this does not get fixed, I will request a refund.

34792C2F-D419-400B-A507-872DAC7F20B9

no crash for me since patch been playing 7 hours a day

Still chrashes for me. A45F5503-A3D1-4153-8E2D-68DAA386A98E Cannot play a game that I spent $70 on, if this does not get fixed, I will request a refund.

Somehow even worse than yesterday. In town 3 minutes and game crashes. this is absurd. blizz i love u but come on please fix this.

My game started crashing yesterday. Before that, no issues.

Now it crashes sporadically, roughly once every 30 mins.

Happens more when teleporting to and from nightmare dungeons, but have crashed once when at a vendor w/ inventory open.

See a lot of people in this thread having issues with 9 & 10th gen intel CPUs. Mine is 13th Gen.

I have no overclocks.

Iā€™ve tried every suggestion above.

The only thing I havenā€™t done is reinstall Windows.

Changing the texture quality from ultra ā†’ high ā†’ med to ā€œresetā€ the possible VRAM leak doesnā€™t work.

I crash to desktop with no errors.

OS Name - Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Version - 10.0.22621 Build 22621
System Manufacturer - ASUS
Processor - 13th Gen Intel(R) Coreā„¢ i9-13900K
GPU - Nvidia 4090
BIOS Version/Date - American Megatrends Inc. 1010, 04/05/2023
SMBIOS Version - 3.5
Embedded Controller Version - 255.255
BIOS Mode - UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer - ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Product - PRIME Z790-P WIFI
BaseBoard Version - Rev 1.xx
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) - 32.0 GB

2 Likes

Tbh people should uninstall things like g hub and chroma anyway, because they are absolutely dog **** quality software that measurably affects system performance for a number of people. Just use open RGB instead.

So how is the investigation going?
Investigation on my end:

• updated nvidia drivers
  • scan and repair through the launcher: finished without any report
  • observed temperatures: nothing unusual except for the common 80Ā°C cpu spikes
  • checked for fenris error reports: there are none
  • checked event viewer: just a generic error that DiabloIV.exe crashed
  • disabled xmp
  • removed cpu power limit
  • tried different texture quality settings
  • tried different dlss settings
    Still crashing after a few minutes and wonā€™t even show up in event viewer now, just crashes to windows and thatā€™s it.
1 Like

Iā€™m also experiencing the same since June 29th, before that I was playing without crashes. Nothing changed in my configuration or setup. Just this annoying random crashes with different error codes every 5 min or so.

Still crashing. The problem is not solved with the hotfix.

Weirdly so I havenā€™t been affected by crashes until today where Iā€™ve crashed 3 times, being met by the Fenris crash-reporter. Iā€™m going to say this with a grain of salt as I havenā€™t been able to play a lot for the last few days until today.

EDIT: Forth crash now while idling in town. Thereā€™s no real trigger. I have crashed doing dungeons, crashed travelling in the overworld and crashed while idle in major city hubs.

Example Report ID: 6523C209-0759-452A-9C3A-7A190D2BA74C

Lmao yeah I was fine BEFORE the hot fix. Now. I canā€™t go more than 5 minutes

I tried lowering graphics settings, disabling NVIDIA Reflex, run as administrator, repair game files, nothing seems to fix this issue. Itā€™s impossible to play. TBH Iā€™m getting angry with the game and the fact I spent a lot of money to purchase this, now impossible to play, game

No-one should have to do all that, or any changes for that matter, to get a game working after a bad Update ESPECIALLY if it was working perfectly fine before.

5 Likes

I decided to take it one step further this afternoon. I formatted my PC. Fresh install of Windows. I crashed within 5 minutes like usual lmao.

1 Like

I havenā€™t been able to play the game for the last few days, constant crashing within seconds or minutes of being online, opening inventory, moving zones, etc.

1 Like

I have the same problem. The game was working perfectly until yesterday. All of a sudden the game started crashing every 5 mins. I tried everything but nothing seems to solve the issue. Blizzard are going to at least make a comment ?

since the crashing patch 2 days ago, the pc Freeze then crash and one of the codes I get as error is 259F2DFE-4F81-4CDF-A6B2-E15C96B1D7F0

I had been getting Fenris crashes every 1-5 mins since the 1.3 patch on 27th June (played to lv cap on multiple beta weekends and from release prior without a single crash).

Interestingly, before the later ā€˜fixā€™ update was released, I changed the following settings:
Textures to low
Disabled dynamic shadows
Disabled soft shadows
I was then able to play a 3 hour session without a crash. Later on, I put the above back to my original settings (textures high and those shadow options on) one at a time to see if I could identify a specific setting that caused the crashing but no further crashes have occurred. I then installed the update when it became available and still yet to see a crash.

I wonder if at least some of the crashes are related to now unsupported value/s in the prefs file (eg preference file generated in beta and variables/values from then are now invalid)?