Latest Nvidia driver 555.85 crashes within 2 minutes of loading into D4

Just wanted to follow up. I didn’t change anything and was able to play the game with zero issues for many hours last night. So I think the loading screen that hung was just a blip.

For anyone searching for a solution who is also running using a 1050 TI in a notebook.

I rolled back to 551.23 - which is the 24th Jan 2024 “game ready” driver. (Wanted to include a link but don’t have permissions to).

Also, as mentioned above - having Windows GPU Scheduling set to off removed stutter/lag issues for my setup.

This is blizzard solution :

17 minutes ago
Greetings

Thank you for reaching out and taking the time to follow the provided steps. I’m sorry they didn’t resolve the issue you’re experiencing. It’s frustrating when troubleshooting steps don’t fix a problem.

Since you’ve exhausted the steps available through customer support, the next best course is to seek assistance from the broader community through forums, consult with a local tech expert, or contact your Internet Service Provider if you suspect a connection issue. Sometimes, the issue might require more specialized knowledge or diagnostics tools that aren’t readily available through our standard support channels.

Contact Activision Support if you’re experiencing issues with playing/launching any Call of Duty game.

Our forums can be a great resource, as knowledgeable community members often encounter similar issues and can offer helpful advice or solutions.

Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

They even refer to call of duty and basicly refuse a refund or to acknolegde its on their end :face_exhaling:

1 Like

that may be why it crashes as soon as I select my char and start game. i thought it was the hot fix

Well, that setting seems to be different on different setups. I have it enabled, but don’t have an issue. But I use it since I also run HDR with the game.

i have an RTX 3060 12gb ram and I can’t get the game to run now, not sure if its the hot fix or the driver update :frowning:

Both?

I personally suggest going back to an earlier driver. You can follow the steps listed here:

-Game crashing after Nvidia Update - #2 by DTMAce-1687

And other things to try here:

-Game crashing after Nvidia Update - #14 by DTMAce-1687

555.85 was causing Diablo 4 to flicker like crazy when it wasn’t focused. Downgrading back down to 552.44 completely fixed the issue that wasn’t there until I upgraded to 555.85.

Every time I update the drivers, I perform a “Clean Install”. I’m using a 4070.

It’s either on NVIDIA’s end or Blizzard’s.

1 Like

I believe some have also fixed the flickering problem by changing the nVidia setting for Ambient Occlusion. Mine is set to Off, which should be where its set. If its enabled it may cause flickering.

Its possible the updated driver had been enabling it. However this feature is not compatible with DX12 games so should be disabled by default.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.