Infernal Helltides (Warning inc essay!) 🔥

This is an idea for a new type of helltide called infernal helltide. Each helltide has a 1 in 20 chance of being an infernal helltide. Infernal helltides are dark red on map. Infernal helltides can be overwhelming. Group is recommended!

Infernal Helltide Changes:

1] Monsters have +1 level compared to helltides and elites have infernal affix.
Monster Infernal Affix - Gain 25% attack speed and movespeed

2] The World Boss Diablo spawns in the zone if the community kills enough demons cumulatively in zone. Diablo can drop any item from any boss (including duriel) with a 100 bonus to item power and can drop boss materials, infernal elixirs, with a bonus to uniques, and infernal sigils which are random dungeons with the infernal affix.
Infernal Elixir - 5% Bonus XP, 10% XP instead in a helltides. 15% bonus fire and shadow damage. 10% lucky hit bonus with fire and shadow skills.
Infernal Dungeon Affix - Elites have 1 extra affix. Dungeons gives 25% more glyph xp and monsters can drop infernal elixirs. Very low chance items can have 1 infernal affix.

3] Monsters have 66% chance to drop 2 cinders instead of 1.

4] Area has 3 new chests.
A] Infernal Chaos Chest (1000) - Random Boss mats including chances for eggs or shards, 30-50 Forgotten souls, infernal elixirs, 1 random max aspect legendary, random legendaries, 1 unique (1.5% uber chance), at least 1 item will always have infernal affix.
B] Infernal Soul Chest (500) - Specifically build just for forgotten souls. Drops 30-50 souls. Also Calls 2x rounds of meteors to your location after opened.
C] Enigma Chest (250) - Like mystery chest but always has 6 legendary items.

5] Area has 2 new mini bosses with focused loot.
A] Echo of Diablo - Ring, Bow, Shield, Wand, Crossdow, Glove, Amulet
Focus - 10% Lucky hit with Shadow Skills
B] Lava Forged Kixxarth Ring, Focus, Wand, Glove, Amulet
Focus - 10% Lucky hit with Fire Skills
Focused loot means that this boss drops items that always have at least 1 stat on them replaced with the focused stat allowing for some interesting possibilities like gloves with lucky hit twice. This can be enchanted like normal and any focused stat will roll at max when enchanted to also help other builds that dont need shadow or fire related things.

Example item from Echo of Diablo:
Shadow Signet (Rare ring)
6% Lucky Hit
10% Lucky hit with Shadow Skills
801 Max Life
11.5% Resource Generation

Example item from Fire Forged Kixxarth:
Grand Glaive (Rare Glove)
7% Crit Chance
Lucky Hit 5% - Restore 14% Primary Resource
10% Lucky hit with Fire Skills
9% Lucky Hit

6] Mob Density is increased.

7] Screaming hell veins are now screaming infernal veins = Double amount of items.

8] Meteors much more common. Some meteors can spawn screaming infernal veins.

9] Chance for infernal portals to open every 5 minutes and random 25-50 enemies to pour out. 1 in 20 portals are glowing and flashing red and spawn 40-75 enemies and a random mini boss.

10] Events are infernal events with 66% chance for 2 chests at the end but harder with more enemies.

11] Fiend Rose Clusters are possible in map. These are circles of 3 fiend roses.

12] Dying has you drop all your cinders instead of half.

13] Wretched and Tortured souls are on fire and have a very small chance to open infernal portals when clicked.

14] Goblins here are red infernal goblins. They are very fast when damaged and leave fire trails. They can drop the same items as mini bosses and infernal elixirs and items with infernal affix.

15] 1 Infernal Affix can drop on any item in an infernal helltide. The infernal affix is in red text. The infernal affix is just a normal affix but it is always a max roll and will stay in red and be max when enchanted. Chance for an item to have infernal affix is very low. Around 1-2%.

16] The Infernal Wheel. Area has a giant on fire spinning wheel you can spin one time and get a prize. Playing is free. Area around the wheel is safe from meteors.
Prizes include the following:
Cinder cache
Rare Item
Rare Item with infernal aspect
Random Extracted Aspect
Legendary Item
Legendary item with infernal aspect
Unique Item
Unique Item with Infernal aspect
Skeleton Key - Can open any chest one time. Permanent item until used.
Elixir Cache
1000 Obal Cache
Warp you somewhere in zone at random
Warp you close to a mini boss
Warp you to an opening portal
Set you on fire
Break one of your items

Thoughts on this idea???

You must like :pray: !

4 Likes

I have to admit.
Happened to see post 2 min after posting - read to what I quoted and felt compelled to immediately like the idea. “World Boss Diablo” - I’m IN!
I’ll continue reading now… :slight_smile:

Ok read it all.
I like it. :+1:
All-in-one might be a bit much, though it’s just a 1st glance and erring on the side of redundancy and semi-boredom I’m used to(“Change Bad!” lol). I think it’s a tidy bit of ideas nicely consolidated for the devs though.

2 Likes

I made it pretty op but average is just 1 per day so maybe not too much? But yah its all numbers can be tweaked. Whoa! You read it all! Did you have to take a snicker break?

Thx for plus 1 frens!

1 Like

A harder but more rewarding Helltide, interesting. Sadly I don’t think they would incorporate Diablo into it though as I believe he’ll make his grand entrance later, but you could pick out another boss instead.

Small change to this, what if this unlocked at 85+, and instead of taking away normal helltides, there would be a separate area with its own waypoint. Small quest or series of quests would get you there. The map would be procedurally generated every time one started every hour. With the waypoint area staying consistent with the normal NPC’s but once you walked out into the world it’d be different everytime.

Just a thought.

Instead of being fast, how about just make them immune to CC? They also are able to run right through bone prisons, or anything else that would hinder their movement.

The rest I genuinely like, obviously things can be tweaked, but this sounds fun and challenging.

2 Likes

Iggi has been “drafting” for a bit now.
I anxiously await their feedback haha

Aww shucks they beat me to the post-punch lawl

Interesting - possibly a soft incorporation of desired overworld increased difficulty some have requested?
I mean it can be tweaked, worked or balanced in that way.

1 Like

Nope… easy game go back to d3

I could see this so 1 in 20 helltides there are just 2 helltides running at same time so ppl that cant do infernals can still do regulars. Seems ok.

I dont see it being a to get in quest zone with one infernal helltide starting every hour. Consta infernals seems way op.

Yah this works as well. Maybe they even open infernal portals while at their escape part and so monsters are streaming in until you hit them again. Crazy!

1 Like

Like a separate mysterious island that popped up that no one can explain and demonic energies are constantly changing the terrain sort of thing.

@Urza

I only made the suggestion because if it’s 1 in 20 helltides for example a lot of people would be missing out, like they used to waiting for helltides to spawn before they switched to the hourly ones we have now. Also restricting it to 85+ so people can decide if they think they’re ready for it yet or not.

I think your difficulty wouldn’t make them as OP as you may think, you could incorporate even more difficulty, like mobs that shred armor/resists/dodge/potion cooldown like the NMD do. Also we need something to do at higher levels anyway, I think this would be a good addition to end-game content people want.

Now having them in two different zones would work too. Normal Helltide in Fractured Peaks, Urza’s Helltide in Scosglen for example.

Just spit balling of course.

1 Like

OK, it all sounds pretty cool but it’s still easy mode. The mobs in question needs to be monster level 139+ (NMD Tier 85+). You know… make it really hard for the plebs, but even at this higher level it’s going to be easy mode for most experienced players.

If you want it to be more difficult content, well then, make it difficult! This game is already very easy across the board.

2 Likes

Numbers are all tweakable. thx for interest

1 Like