If You Could Change ONE thing in current D4

gear, obols, enchanting its all just a graphically enhanced slot machine.

This.
D3 did a good Job. Just use ur own success, blizzzzzzz

ya D4 should have been all the best parts of D2 and D3.

2 Likes

If they knew how to use their own success, then by that logic D3 would have taken from D2. But here we are :rofl: D4 didn’t improve on D3 just like D3 didn’t improve on D2.

1 Like

Fix item levels
Regular items level req = 1
Sacred items level req = 50
Ancestral items level req = 70
All aspects item req = 1
No more, no less.

4 Likes

The whole game direction team.
I would put someone who actually played ARPG’s before.

3 Likes

My change would be a macro philosophical change. My change would be to focus on quality over quantity. Less levels, but more meaningful. Less loot, but more useful and less junk filler. Less damage types. Less monsters but make them harder. I mean how does anyone survive in sanctuary with hordes of monsters around every turn. This game often feels like mowing the lawn, just mowing through waves of monsters.

I’d change a ton of things but most importantly would be an offline mode.

I would make the horse totally BA. Non-combat laggy horse belongs on Wow but not Diablo. I would make a customizable battle horse that throws mobs out of the way and leaves a trail of fire/frost/poison/etc. I would also add battle horse attacks. That is the kind of mount that I believe belongs in Diablo!

1 Like

That depends if Diablo still has boobs when he’s finally re-introduced to the game.

Fix the itemization.
For a looter ARPG, the loot sucks… I feel zero desire for “the chase” here, which is one of the biggest points in a Diablo game.
We don’t need 100+ affixes of ‘5% increased damage to sneeze attacks on Tuesday from 1PM-2PM’ just to stretch out the loot grind.
Boring legendary aspects.
Delete the sacred and ancestral tags, meaningless. Just have higher gear drop in higher world tiers.
Level requirements from dropped items make zero sense, they’re just tied to your current level, even if they’re worse than items from 20 levels ago.
Etc. Etc.

1 Like

To give sorc back the third enchantment slot

I would pick that over everything

Make it so CC has diminishing returns. Both NPCs and players.

2 Likes

Make multiple legendary powers for every skill

Not just in quantity but also quality

There are lots of build I want to try for my sorc yet the items available are either too weak or too few

Right now D4 is suffering from the same lack of item diversity that strangled D3 for much of its early years

I lied about mine. I would kill for a gear filter system where you could set simple or complex criteria on each slot and anything you picked up that did not meet that criteria was automatically marked as junk. #1 QoL improvement right there.

With all the respect I would change the team behind the product. It’s pretty clear to me the game design is all over the place and for that reason I fear a lot for the future of diablo 4.

I have a guy getting to 100 in like 3 days, if he can do that then you can do it over 3 months.

Remove gold cost to respec. Would love to tweak builds and try different play styles without worrying about how much it’s going to cost each time.

2nd wish: More body and face options for character customization.

2 Likes

Cool story; however it wasn’t a complaint on time it takes.

I would remove Lucky Hit chance on skills. Lucky Hit bonuses would increase the proc chance on effects instead.