HDR is washed out, hazy look

link pls to twiiter?

Best I can give you is this YouTube video, at 1:32 question and response on HDR

3 Likes

hope its for consoles too not just pc since thats what they talked about in that video

I mean, we did have the CM reply to this thread. :grinning:

@PezRadar Will the HDR updates for console be in the Server Slam beta in May?

May beta, something has improved in the May beta but I can still see how in my LG G2 the black levels are not correct, I have had to adjust the black levels to -25 to make it look better, can someone confirm this?

2 Likes

Yes the HDR still looks washed and in order to get a proper black i have to tweek everything …i have a samsung qn95A and the tv is helping me but otherwise the black levels are still raised and washed …dissapointing to say at least

2 Likes

Yes, PS5 and TCL 65S555. Glad I’m not the only one seeing it.

HDR on Xbox with an OLED TV still doesn’t work correctly. In some locations, “fog” completely minimizes the contrast of the image. Sometimes the picture looks ok if there is no fog. I set the black level on the Sony a80k to 42 (default 50) it got better, but the fog ruins everything

There are even some hdr console reviews in the youtube at this moment and they all say it has improved but black is still more of a gray, and overall hdr looks worse than sdr , and slso it seems to be missing a Ui brightness option. ,( in my case i have managed to perfect the image in hdr but the Hud is soo white and distracting that it takes away all the immersion).

On the UI. If we could scale it down, or straight up remove it, that would be great.

Let’s be honest, you memorize your skills to buttons, so i dont need that shown. Mana or resource globe is pointless, you can’t so anything about it anyways to refill it, so why bither showing it? It certainly loves to spam the annoying ‘out of mana” message in the middle of the screen.

As far as health globe. If the screen turns red, hit a health pot. LoL

Speaking of washed out look of Xbox X. I encountered this bug in the server slam, but the previous beta ran fine.

An updated analysis of the Server Slam client HDR.

Better, but not quite right.

3 Likes

Issue with HDR blacks/contrast still appears to be a thing on official release (early access). There are some areas while playing where the black looks black but those are typically in off-screen areas that would be black normally. Maybe they’ll be having an official day-1 (June 6th) patch that could fix? Otherwise still an issue as of today (June 3rd).

Running Alienware DWF.

2 Likes

For me the picture looks best when all HDR settings are at the minimum. if any of them are turned up at all it not only gives the washed-out effect but also makes the cut scenes look super pixelated.

1 Like

I know I created this post sometime back, now on release, on Xbox Series X, the HDR is just about perfect.

Now there are areas where haze increases, but most the time I can pawn that off to environmental effects.

Least on console, it’s looking good.

1 Like

I don’t understand why simple options for the hud are not implemented, ie like hud size scaling and transparency and the option to hide hud or stuff on screen,

As a oled user on Xbox series X this is a must to lower the stress of screen burn in with static images being there all the time and so big. This must be very easy to fix asap :pray:

I was able to play yesterday (June 5) and the HDR is still an issue. It might look a little better than server-slam beta but I had to turn off HDR at console level just to make game look great.

3 Likes

Same here. Turning off HDR at the system level fixes the problem. I really hope this gets addressed soon. Toggling HDR on and off between games is not practical. HDR is washed out my PC set up as well.

Xbox X
Samsung Q90
DP 120hz in Game Mode

2 Likes

Updated video on HDR. Still not good.

It will most likely take years to fix, much like Elder Scrolls Online did. Honestly I’m not sure how this is difficult.

Watching the half hour credit roll at the end of the game and the continent of people that worked on this game, someone can’t figure out HdR?

2 Likes

Thanks for your continued work on this. I was disappointed to see how hazy/washed out was in a dungeon yesterday on PS5. It was like a thin gray cloth was covering the entire screen. This was on a Samsung with good HDR support and black level set to minimum in the game.