Has anyone refunded yet? Are they denying them?

Every time any game does an early access (pre release beta test) period a very small, very vocal minority will complain about the game not being perfect.

Its silly, and childish but they are free to have that opinion. Plenty of very good games have rocky starts or rocky EA. Some games won’t improve, others improve very quickly. Look at nms, bad early access, bad launch, bad first year, absolutely unbelievably good now. Look at diablo 3, bad launch, bad first few months, fantastic game now.

Regardless, if a couple hours of playtesting was disappointing then you should refund. Personally, I got to level 13 played for 2 to 3 hours straight, enjoyed the game, yes there was some queue issues, yes I got disconnected a few times, but after I got disconnected and couldn’t reconnect I just switched games… I came back a few hours later and got to play some more. All in all it was a decent test and should easily get the wolf backpack. There definitely were some periods of graphical stuttering with a current gen 8gb video card, 32gb of ddr5 ram, and last gen i9, that was surprising but it will most likely be fixed by launch and even if it’s not it was not common or troubling.

All in all I’m excited for the game, was excited enough to upgrade my pre order after my first multi hour session.

All I can say is, if you specifically preordered for the play test and it doesn’t work this weekend or next weekend then definitely refund, if you pre ordered because you want diablo 4 then don’t over react, if you’re just complaining because you’re an edge lord who wants to feel cool… Find yourself a therapist it will help you way more in the long run.

Not refunding (part of chicken crew, haven’t preordered)

I’m using the beta weekends to decide on if I want to preorder, and while it’s left a positive impression, I’m still waffling, mostly because the competition is fun for me and I kind of want to see if my endgame concerns are actually issues. If I’d have preordered I’d be sticking with that decision though, personally.

24 hours ago was probably a different story, but I’ve had no issues with connecting since a few hours after launch. I do hope no one refunds just because of queue times.

That said, I also didn’t enjoy the game - I’ve already played hundreds of hours in Lost Ark, thanks - so I did apply for a refund and it was easy-peasy, once I found the right place to go. No problems at all with that, thankfully.

i can’t believe how many threads there are on “omg i get disconnected and can’t play!”

like, you understand the purpose of an open beta, right? hint: it’s to test scalability and networking issues so they can fix them before launch, which is still 6 months away.

and big clue, even then, you’re gone get queued for the first month cuz they’re not gonna build capacity for the massive traffic they’ll get the first 3 months, but for what they expect will be a stable traffic amount once things settle in.

it’s a business and they make business decisions. they also make the best games in the industry, so suck it up or go away. but man, no one needs to hear the entitled whining.

After more than 24 hrs of a simple verification of error code 34203, my refund is finally processed. I’ll decide to buy a game (much after June) if the game is actually decent and servers are stable. I’m definitely no fanboy that can waste several hours queuing at launch lol… There are so much many things better to do than wasting your time on this.

2 Likes

Says right on the website. When you pre-order you also buying “Open Beta Early Access*. Early access begins March 17”. That’s why some folks per-order vs buying on release.

u now this is a beta test right ? and its these tests that allow blizz to fix things that break , i.e q times , crashes , disconects , u didnt buy the game for the beta , you bought the game for full release in june , allowing us to test the game for them now is one of the bonuses for pre purchasing early ,

He paid for the game, the beta is a perk. Whether you bought the lowest tier or highest tier, you were afforded a free beta weekend, and a prerelease a few days before the game came out.

lol wtf, it’s barely multiplayer. people are so friggen weird these days

whats the point of refunding now then buying it again in 4-6 months…other than throwing tantrum.

1 Like

imagine refunding it now just to buy it later :clown_face:

1 Like

At a discount and when performance is prolly better, definitely sounds more intelligent than pre purchasers that paid to queue for hours… LOL

1 Like

you get it cheaper and you get to send a message, whats not to love? It probably wont be playable till at least S2 anyways.

I may ask for a refund. Not because beta play is intolerable, but because of the discovery the game is just World of Warcraft in a new skin. And I don’t play WoW anymore because it became unplayable as a solo participant (RAID Guilds are a requirement to get to end game levels of play).

D4 will be the same. Want good gear? Join a Clan that can RAID well. And that isn’t how I play D3, nor how I want to play D4.

I have not been able to play the game, it crashes every few moments; I have yet to move a character out of the starting area due to the crashes.
Both Visa, MC and Paypal have clauses that cover refunds for products that are unusable; that is the category this game falls under as it is in beta.
My hope is that this bug will be triaged, spiked, deep delved to determine cause then a fix will be found, verified, implemented, code reviewed and built in to the code base to forever kill this bug.

Nope, and I don’t plan to. Game is awesome so far. Didn’t want a D3 clone nor did I ask for one. Glad D4 is so different and reminds me of D1 and D2 and that’s a good thing.

1 Like

The game is excellent so far. There were server hiccups on Friday, this should’ve been a surprise to no one as it is a beta test… I still managed to play about 4 hours Fri night and have had no issues getting on or dropping since, on two separate machines with relatively poor internet.

Did people also forget the progress for the beta rewards carries into next weekend? I got to lvl 20 in like 7 hours, anyways… sounds like just a lot of people with unsatisfiable expectations. Oh well, I have enjoyed playing and am still very much looking forward to release.

1 Like

I also refunded - took about two minutes.

I didn’t enjoy the itemization or potion system they’re going to be going live with. Also for everyone saying it’s beta, they have three months to make changes. You’re not going to see something like changes to the storyline/presentation or add in a runeword system. I haven’t come across the information, but there were probably closed betas where broader systems had an opportunity to be re-evaluated. One thing I am pleased with is removing followers from the game.

This pre-release play is largely going to impact how they expect servers to run when it’s released.

I’d give the game, in this state, a C. I might repurchase the game at a later point, but I have no interest in next weekend or getting the 4 day early play - which I did prior to this weekend. I’m also somewhat concerned about monetization; but I can’t blame them for charging $70 for the base game.

I hope they change mob density in the open world. I hope they reconsider the potions and health globes to be more like POE or D3 or Last Epoch. I hope they insert more side quests that involve elements of the main campaign. Even if nothing happens we have POE 2 and Last Epoch coming.

3 Likes

Bro it’s a beta, calm the f down. People always act like this… It happens everytime what do you expect. The queue was gone in a day anyway.

People always act so entitled these days. Spoiled little brats.

I enjoyed the game, some things I’d like different but that’s the case in every video game. The classes feel good to play, the itemization is a little bit meh, and the skill tree feels a bit lackluster for most skills. But more customization and power comes from unique items it seems.

1 Like

I got a full refund, no questions asked. Did you go support and refund? Just make sure you choose technical issues, there’s a lot to list.