Game freezes at "logging into Diablo IV" after waiting in queue

So guys I tried everything under the sun and NOTHING worked! However, 2 times now I would rapidly click at the grey screen but then when the next Diablo 4 screen popped up (the screen before the login screen) I would let it play out! Both times it worked for me! Only click through the grey screen and then quickly stop spam clicking.

Don’t know if this’ll work for anybody, but it did for me…I’m too scared to logout now and try again but let me know if it works for others.

Paying 99.99Euro for early access, to not being able to play cause game just freezes. What a deal. How will you compensate us for this? @Blizzard

5 Likes

so we need to buy diablo 4 and non ssd hard drive ? LOL. We need update 12h passed…

Reinstalling on a different drive worked for me after trying all the rest without success (disabling overlay, changing settings in Prefs file and deleting Prefs file entirely, trying without high res., etc.)

is there any proven way to fix the stuck in logging in screen? i have been trying to play since 4pm, this is my 3rd uninstall and re install.

what finally got it to load for me was going in and changing windows default graphics settings.

settings → display → graphics → default graphics settings → turned off hardware accelerated gpu scheduling

also left clicking twice right as game open alot of time bypasses the cutscenes

Well, I managed to login with deleting the file and skipping all cutscenes pressing space and leftclicking constantly. Hope it helps someone

this happened during server slam and it seems they don’t care about it…

what file?
i cant get it to work but it works on my 970 evo

every solution in here did not work for me

Mine freezes right as it gets to character selection, and then crashes…glad that I spent $200 for early access…(one for me and one for my gf, neither of us can get in)

Same position - no solution here worked (and I only have one hard drive that’s unfortunately mac formatted). With no queue right now, it’s crashing much faster, but as soon as it tries to log in, it freezes.

Would make me feel a lot better if we had some acknowledgement from Blizzard about this. I noticed the login issue banner is now gone from the Battle.net screen too.

Blizzard should refund ppl for buying a game that dosn´t work. It like buying a car that can´t start

1 Like

I’m experiencing the same issue. I got the game running once when not all the assets were downloaded the game was in a playable state. After that i quit and tried again and now it crashes again.

Hey guys,
I finally could start the game.
This one wasn’t suggested yet on this topic :
Disabled Memory integrity / Core isolation on windows security
I still feel bad for those are still stuck or those whom this solution won’t work, because I still think those “Solutions” are totally random and Blizzard should move their butts

I just got in, don’t know if That was just sheer luck or, but I went into "Setting → App → On "Advanced Features I turned off (Use Broswer hardware acceleration)
Can someone confirm if this works or I was just hella lucky.

I signed in this morning after not being able to play at all last night (suck on “Logging In”)

It still wasn’t working, so I restarted my computer, changed this setting and launched the game. I’m in-world now.

Was getting a lot of gray screens at started; various hangs, audio cutting out during loading.

you lucky bro do not leave game, i’ve tried but still stuck at login

I played 11 hours with no issues. Logged off 4 times. Again. No issues.

I definitely don’t stream. Maybe save that dumb narrative for another game.

Personally sounds like a firewall issue people are having, either windows or via router.

Try opening up some ports or disabling firewall. Might help.