Game freezes at "logging into Diablo IV" after waiting in queue

Idk if this will work for everyone but I tried reinstalling into a different drive and it worked for me. Maybe I just got lucky though .

I am having the same issue. I get to logging in Diablo IVā€¦ and it stops responding. Played betas and server slam no issuesā€¦Really!!!

My gripe is that server-side availability should not force a crash condition onto the client application. There should be error handling on the client side, likely making use of timers, that say something to the effect of: ā€œSorry, currently the servers are in a dumpster and on fire. Please try again later.ā€ I completely get that they have to provision the resources on their OpenStack, it just should not result in this particular thing happening.

1 Like

you mean install different hard drive ?

Yes I first installed into my C drive then tried my D drive and it worked I had the same problem of the game freezing during the ā€œlogging intoā€ so I thought it might be a pc problem.

diablo 4 problem logging in code 7 for me.

I moved the game to another partition and that didnā€™t help either.

1 Like

you have to move the game to a old hard driveā€¦ it is crashing on faster modern drivesā€¦ I have a WD - BLACK SN850X and wont work since server slamā€¦ installing now on a 7 year old SSD i found in a drawer.

I noticed the same. I built a new PC with a Samsung 990 PRO SSD and had issues in both server slam and now release, whereas my old PC with 960 Pro from 2017 didnā€™t have any issues in the first 2 beta weekends (besides being old and slow). I upgraded in large part for this game, and itā€™s really disappointing to see stuff like this as a result.

1 Like

This is a blizzard joke, i played beta on old SSD Kingston v300 and change for kingston kc3000 now have.

ultimate & new hard drive edition pack

1 Like

My friend running barely this on his old dead rig, and I am struggling at ā€œLogging Into Diablo IV ā€¦ā€ on my brand new fat setting laptop.

Is it the newer hard drives?

Everyone, run CrystalDiskMark while launching the game to fix this issue

3 Likes

Crashing like everyone else at logging in. I had the same issue in the server slam, and am beyond disappointed that this hasnā€™t been fixed yet.

1 Like

still no hope, going to sleep good night all

I was having this problem and able to fix it. I had it installed on a NVMe SSD and then moved the whole thing to a normal SSD and all the problems I been having is gone. I wonder if it because of the NVMeā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m moving the game to an older ssd on what I played in the beta and Iā€™ll let you know if work.

1 Like

This worked for me, itā€™s weird how quickly it worked. I hope blizz puts out a fix soon because crystaldiskmark says it can cause wear on your SSD

Guys on an older disk ssd work now, on my new disk m2 kingston kc3000 diablo not workingā€¦I hope blizz can fix this quickly because i buy new disc for diablo4.

Since im PC illiterate (kinda)ā€¦all i have to do i install Crystaldiskmark? Or is there something more after it installs.

Not looking to give my PC unnecessary issuesā€¦