Game freezes at "logging into Diablo IV" after waiting in queue

Hey this work around worked for me!!!
Transferred the game files from my fast NVME SSD to a slower USB-C SSD and I now can login and play the game unfortunately l lost the first day of game play. I had NO issues with Betas or the Server Slam version, but the release version sucks with newer NVME SSD drives. Hope this reference to Mendoza’s posted work around helps. Happy Hunting!

1 Like

Thank you for affirming this fixed it for you! I honestly couldn’t have imagined running CrystalDiskMark would have worked… But it did LOL. It’s crazy though because I have to run CrystalDiskMark on my lower end PC (still has an nvme m2 drive), but not for my gaming PC with a faster m2 drive.

1 Like

how is this still not fixed?

Ive try CrystalDisk and so on while logging in, ive try older monitor , ive try wifi instead of cable. Nothing works BUT if i start game on a old laptop no issue whatsoever… Why i paid for this game i wonder

still no bueno for me

NVIDIA USERS? HERE IS HOW I FIXED THIS. CONTACTED NVIDIA SUPPORT CHAT. HERE IS CONVO. USE THIS TO HELP TROUBLESHOOT. WAS VIDEO DRIVER ISSUE.

6/2/23, 2:46 PM Live Assistance 1/3

Chat

Sen: Hi, my name is Sen. How may I help you?

Sen: Sorry for the inconvenience. Please be assured that I will do my best to assist you here. Kindly type your full name. (Due to technical issue name is not being reflected here)

<>: <> <>

<>: Diablo 4 just came out yesterday and it crashes constantly. I checked their forums and it might bee a video card problem or setting or something. do you have an answer?

Sen: Is this issue specific to a particular game or happens with other games also?

<>: just diablo 4. it loads the blizzard logo then crashes. if i click the mouse and skip the logo it goes to login and then crashes before login

<>: i don’t get error codes or anything just crashes

Sen: Please send us the MSinfo32 file in .NFO format as requested in the web-link below (We need this to analize your PC)
Open this web-link and follow the steps to save the msinfo.nfo file in your “desktop”. Then attach that file to me. NOTE : Type File Name as msinfo.nfo and NOT as *.txt or any other format. ( Many users do this mistake )File attachment upload has started. The file video card info.nfo (4602.38KB) was received.

<>: did you get it?

Sen: Due to some temporary bug, the “Attachment” option in this chat window may not work. So, I am sending an email right now. Reply to that email with the file as an “attachment”. But please do not create a new incident for that as it may lead to confusion at our end. I am sending the email to this address : <>NOTE : use the “Attachment” option to attach file. Please do not Copy-Paste the file. Email is sent. let me know once you have replied to that email with this file as an attachment

<>: replied and added attatchment

Sen: Thank You for your patience. As I can see you have “Win 11” with GeForce RTX 3060(ASUS) and 535.98 DCH ( * Latest) driver version installed. Thank You for this information. Please close all Active windows or application open except this
6/2/23, 2:46 PM Live Assistance 2/3

chat window (just to avoid Conflict with driver installation). Let me know once you are ready.

<>: do i need to close all my apps?

Sen: Yes

<>: k i closed everyting except this window

Sen: This problem may occur when older driver remnants (left over parts) create conflict with the new driver update. When you select “Perform Clean Installation” checkbox while installing the driver, it will automatically remove the older driver and install that new driver. Did you try “Perform Clean Installation” while installing the latest driver ?

<>: i don’t think i did

<>: i just did a driver update

<>: all windows are closed except for this one now

<>: what do you want me to do now?>

Sen:

Copy-Paste the below link in an empty Internet Browser:
Click on the Green “DOWNLOAD” button and follow on-screen instructions and “Run” the downloaded file. Follow On-Screen instructions to proceed. Select “NVIDIA Graphics Driver and GeForceExperience” (the first option) when it asks. Then, make sure that you select “custom” installation and then check all the options including “Perform a clean install”. Once installation is complete, please close that window and check if your issue is fixed.

<>: ok istalling now

Sen: Yes

<>: it says it’s finished

<>: it seems to have worked. i loaded the game and it didn’t crash immediately at the logo!

Sen: I tried my best to fix this ASAP to save your precious time. Would you be comfortable taking a short “SURVEY FEEDBACK” to rate my service?

<>: yes

Sen: Thanks a bunch <>. This really helps us to provide better service…

Sen: Now, you will receive a Survey Email from NVIDIA (with subject “NVIDIA Support Feedback”). Please participate in this short survey and provide your valuable feedback by rating on a scale of 1 - 10 (10 is the highest score and 1 is the least). I realize that your time is extremely valuable, and I appreciate your feedback.
6/2/23, 2:46 PM Live Assistance 3/3

“Survey rating below 8 indicates your dissatisfaction over the assistance that you have received by me. If that’s the case; please let me know and I shall fix it right away. ”Survey email is already sent to your inbox. Could you please check?

<>: ok. i see the email NVIDIA Support Feedback

<>: ok all done

Sen: :0

Sen: Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer Care. Good Bye <>, have a nice weekend. Stay safe and healthy.
You have disconnected.

THIS WORKED FOR ME. NO CRASHING SINCE.

Posting this to help others. Let’s play some D4!!

-Zoidberg

Note: had to remove Links. wouldn’t let me post any links but basically get your newest video card drivers and ‘clean install’ them.

2 Likes

update for my case at the very least is I DID END UP HAVING TO DL IT TO A NON NVME DRIVE just transfering it didnt work at all had to be clean install no clue as to why certain nvme are not working with the game but seems to be a common problem for alot of us hopefully a blue poster can add it list of known problems and solutions

I also have an NVME M.2 SSD and am having this issue. The Localprefs file being changed to LocalprefsOld as suggested earlier in this thread appears to have worked for me…

Found another potential good work around, I updated my work around threads with it Solution (work arounds) for "Game freezes at “logging into Diablo IV” after waiting in queue or at Blizzard logo"

Some people renamed the dstorage.dll in the games files, which is responsable for direct storage (please, don’t delete the .dll, just rename for something else (.dll_backup for example), just so the game don’t access it. - I have tested, and it works. (Please remember to rename back the file when an official patch comes out). Found by Toom: [Main Thread] PC - Game Client Freezes at “Logging into Diablo IV” When Launched on Certain NVMe Drives - #246 by Toom-1290

My system just updated to a new patch 1.02.42122 which looks like it has fixed the problem with freezing on the logging in screen as my game just loaded straight away after the patch without using CrystalDiskMark.

Thanks Blizzard for the quick patch.

Done. I was move my game to old SSD disk - now working

SO THATS WHATS causing the nvme problems that really sucks great find

I’d love to know more about what they patched, but yes, the patch fixed the problem for me, too!

yesterday i could play for about 5 minutes without any crashing, now they’ve updated it and i can’t even get past the login screen. fantaastic.

Played earlier today no issues, logged out for dinner…come back now and game wont run longer than 3 minutes without crashing.

I played all day yesterday and had no trouble. Tried to log in last night and it kept relaunching D4 server. Today same problem. My partner, right next to me, same everything and he can get in.

I was going to test what you mentioned and did another totally fresh install on my system drive but by then build 42122 came out and appears to have solved the issue. I haven’t had a problem with the now default install on my P41

I was able to play just fine the past few days. Today Saturday evening I got a 3 minute que which I was like ok. The it hung on login and now it says 49 minutes…what the heck? If it’s this bad on early release I’m afraid the full release is going to be unbearable.

Here is a hint if you get kicked to the character screen like I did in Early Access beta do not try to log in from there again restart the game straight away the queue won’t be so big for you.