Game freezes at "logging into Diablo IV" after waiting in queue

Well, I don’t know about switching regions, but benchmarking works every time here. If I don’t, it crashes.

Wonder if its a driver issue with the motherboard/drive controller? Has anyone tried updating their motherboard controller drivers?

Why on Earth that would make a difference I don’t know, but I also didn’t know that a disk checking tool was going to fix it either. lol

well that will be hard to analyze… I have a z790 from Asrock… what do you have?
I do have the latest bios.

when i tried benchmarking it did not work for me.

This is so odd. xD

Pro Z790-P WiFi from MSI. Updated the BIOS the day I set it up. But so far, no issues for me. And that’s also been on two different ISP connections to test that out. Worked fine from both Starlink and Brightspeed(Centurylink).

Update of sorts here:

And mine is fairly fast as well, but not running into this issue… Yet.

So. Not sure what to make of it. And for the record:

Kingston FURY Renegade 1TB PCIe Gen 4.0 NVMe M.2
PCIe Gen 4x4 NVMe performance at speeds up to 7300MB/s read and 7000MB/s write

Bought from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09K3H2YHX?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Crystal disk fix was NO longer working for me as of this morning but the region change command line argument did work for me.

FIX THIS, BLIZZARD.

1 Like

Nice, that is already something.

Bought recently 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2 SSD so i thought i have the same issue. Switched to other m2 and same issue, stuck at “logging into diablo iv”.
Tried benchmarking and slowing down the disk and same
Finally i’ve reinstalled the game and went to sleep. After a short nap the reinstallation finished and the login worked.

Gl guys

1 Like

Disable Windows Firewall and try again. If it works, enable and modify the FW.

If D4 can’t talk back home correctly, it gets pissy and acts badly.

This solved it for me

I did this after creating a character in another device.

Tried the benchmark and setting the command line -regionamer.
Then installed D4 in another device, there it worked normally, so I created a character.
Went back to the other pc, and reinstalled the D4. It worked normally.

So, my hints are:
Reinstall the game.
If it do not work, ask if you can for someone to create a character in your account, or use another device to create it, then try again in your main device.

The “DisableChromaEffects” to 1 was what fixed it for me.
I tried everything else in this thread to no avail.

So here’s what I had to do after following every tip I’ve seen…

I had to kill all the Radeon services running on my system. I killed AMD Adrenaline, and then anything with Radeon in the name in Task Manager.

Issue resolved as a workaround, I still want to be able to use my system as intended and play my $100 game though.

Since launch I was experiencing the freeze at Blizzard logo issue. Windows 11 and all drivers were up to date. Reinstalled D4 and still same issue. Excessive clicking on the Blizzard logo screen before the freeze did take me to the login dialog but again froze at “logging into Diablo IV” 100% of the time. I must have attempted launch 30 or 40 times over multiple hours to see if it was just a logon-server-busy type issue. Reading through many comments online I’m pretty sure the issue is with fast / modern NVME system drives. I don’t have a 2nd drive in my PC and didn’t want to download and run the drive benchmarking software folks have mentioned so on a whim I moved the game files to a 128GB USB flash drive I had. D4 has worked every single time since then with no other issues. Beyond frustrating but a workable temporary solution for now.

AMD 7950X
RTX 3080Ti
2TB SK hynix P41 Platinum

I have this issue too. No issues in beta or ss, but now I have it for release

I have the exact same drive and crystal disk mark also seems to work for me. It shouldn’t work, but it does. Makes no senseit shouldn’t work, but it does. Makes no sense

Try killing the Radeon processes like the overlay as well as make sure Adrenaline isn’t running. See if that works, I was in the same boat as you until I killed all the AMD stuff running.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION

Hey Folks,

Here’s a link to a different thread discussing the same issue with my OP. TLDR; try uninstalling and re-installing on a different drive (I went from C: to D:).

If you have NVIDIA - turn off the in-game overlay, and remove any optimisations on the game through the GeForce experience. Then as soon as the game loads hit Esc as fast as you can to skip all the intro’s.

Get’s me in every time, if I don’t do this it crashes EVERY time.