Fury Against Fate Side Quest Bug

EDIT: Hey guys OP here, I came back to this quest today on 6 June, albeit on world tier 4, and the quest was worked as intended. I didn’t change anything else - seems that a recent post on here was from 2 hours ago…maybe try changing the world tier and trying it? 1->2, 2->1, or any, etc.

Previously: Upon completing the objective of this side quest, “Clear the cannibal feeding ground.”, which appears to be to kill mobs indicated by little red dots on the minimap, the objective doesn’t complete. After discovering a youtube video for this quest (DIABLO 4: Fury against fate - YouTube), the NPCs are supposed to follow you down the hill into the room and help slay the mobs (at 2:15 in the video), but for me the NPCs never follow me and remain at the top of the hill. I was able to kill the mobs but the NPCs havent budged. I tried a port back to town and back, abandoning and reaccepting the quest, and even tried restarting my client and relogging. Thus far everything has been unsuccessful.

Note, this side quest is part of a chain quest in Act 3 in the Dry Steppes.

90 Likes

Also ran into this issue

1 Like

Same issue… I Try many relogs wordl Tier Switches and Npc Kiting but nothing worked

5 Likes

Can confirm i am having the same issue. I tried to lure the monsters so the npcs attack but still it doesnt trigger the event.

Same issue as above, tried it twice and both times they didnt follow nor did anything complete

Having this bug, too. Didn’t work even after going outside the dungeon and waiting for it to reset.

Also have this bug where the NPC’s do not follow down the path. Tried just about everything I can think of to resolve the issue and no such luck.

I got them to move by dragging the mobs to them, but after they just stand around and do nothing.

2 Likes

same also bugged for me

UP ADMINS PLEASE FIX IT

5 Likes

It seems this quest is strugling with the event that is just outside of the cave. Run in the cave start the dialog and immediately run to the gate to be out of the range of the event. This worked for me :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Just tried going into the cave, getting dialogue, immediately running to gate and waiting. There is still no movement from them and quest does not complete when I slay the enemies.

1 Like

It worked. Many thanks.

I was able to finish the quest by completing the event in front of the cave entrance before talking to her.

Try to complete the event first, worked for me.

Same issue. I tried completing the event outside like some people suggested, but that didn’t do anything for me.

2 Likes

Same issue, no event outside, ran straight to gate after dialogue, they moved down and killed the cannibals with me, but it didn’t complete the objective

Same issue, restarted this quest 12 times now, tried the “trigger the speech and run immediately to gate” and the “relog if stuck” and “clear event before going in” and multiple times the usual “just wait for speech to finish” none of these worked, after the speech they just stand still and if i pull the monsters to them or just clear the dungeon does not matter this quest just wont finish…

btw clearing event before going in the dungeon does not matter because the moment you enter the dungeon (loading screen) you pretty much always end up in a different (lets call it) channel.

I really hope they fix this soon, this is annoying especially for people that only have this one quest left for completion

3 Likes

So this worked for me kind of. I ran to the gate but 1 npc stayed behind rest came it didnt complete. I dropped the quest logged and picked it back up noticed the event was there before I went in. I did the event to make sure then went in and rushed the gate after I started the dialog and it worked. Hope this helps

Same issue here please fix