Druid's "true form" seems misleading

There are similar threads regarding this topic, linked below, but most of them seem to focus on deep synergies with other skills in the larger context of builds. I have a far more basic thing in mind
At this point, I have to mention that I’m no native speaker, so this might just be a case of misunderstanding rather than a technical bug, but this would also mean that other non-native speakers might misunderstand or misinterpret this as well

Both the Insatiable Fury and Mad Wolf’s Glee unique items change a druid’s “true form” when equipped. To me, this indicates that the druid’s human form simply doesn’t exist any more or at least not outside of hub locations
I very much understand, that using shapeshifting skills related to the other form turns you into the other form, werewolf or werebear respectively. Turning back into a human when using non-shapeshifting skills, such as the active portions of the companion skills, or even when interacting with time-based world objects, such as the campfire near legion events, doesn’t really seem to make sense in this regard
Not only does it break immersion, but it also breaks some very basic buff mechanics, especially those which are only active when being in a specific form, such as the Digitigrade Gait passive skill or the Vigorous aspect

Confusion regarding uniques that say “True Form”

Druid/werewolf BUG|Vigorous Aspect will not naturally activate with Mad Wolf’s Glee true form werewolf bonus

Druid werewolf unique item doesnt work with some passives and abilities

DRUID UNIQUE BUG: The “Mad Wolf’s Glee” and maybe also “Insatiable Fury” are buggy!

Mad Wolf’s Glee

Issues with Companion Wolves and Diving and Issue with Mad Wolf’s Glee

1 Like