Druids are not fat

He does look like fat build tho, not as strongman build ::grin:

3 Likes

You can have strongman muscles and also have a layer of fat over it.

Yeah, he’s fat. But it makes sense. And he’s also strong.

Same for necro and those who have been through anorexia. Not to mention all the tattoos, some people regret their tattoos. Oh and some of the characters have hair but some people are bald. Oh and some of them have beards but some people can’t grow beards. Actually they should probably just have amorphous grey blobs instead of human-looking characters to avoid the problem altogether.

3 Likes

I dont have issue with him being strong. I have issue with him being too fat. Not only it doesnt fit diablo world very well but it doesnt show good example for people as world has serious issue with obesity.

He’s not “too” fat. He’s fat tho. Like a brick house.

1 Like

Gee, I don’t know, maybe:

" More than 1 billion people worldwide are obese – 650 million adults, 340 million adolescents and 39 million children. This number is still increasing." out of 8 billion?

And that’s likely with a very loose definition of obese (as in what you could consider quite chubby still being fit into those numbers, I’m not sure).

Then you clearly have ppl who have issues with playing druid as is BECAUSE of past weight issues. Then you have ppl that hate how it looks. Then you have people who want their classes to look like themselves (not why I want D2 druid as a 2nd option) - and these will logically be more than the people who want the same thing but are overweight. Then you have ppl already attached to D2 druid over decades.
Then you have the …kinda 90% dead world overrun by demons and scarcity of resources angle (but this is ehh…counterbalanced by SOME druid lore).

On the other side you have ppl that don’t care either way so discount all of those actually.
Then you have some that like it now because it fits the strong build fantasy and that’s what they want (maybe even for pure caster druids…but, those are probably fewer). Then you have the people that look like druid does now (MUCH FEWER) and want their characters to look like themselves (THIS is the representation BIT…and it’s a drop in the bucket AND I’m still not saying they shouldn’t have their wish…but not at the cost of all the other parts…let Blizz freaking pay the intern to tweak armor on 2nd body type).

It sounds VERY likely that there’s more people on one side than the other even as far as preferences go (based on any reasoning they have, not just the ones wanting to be represented).

And yes this time I didn’t add the “PROBABLY” (to they did it for representation)…but actually I did say “partially” so…

I was trying to not wall of text again but clearly people want to assume the worst.

5 Likes

I’m assuming that your own opinion is yours. If that’s “assuming the worst,” then you must not have a very high opinion of yourself.

They are not fat. They are calorically challenged!!!

1 Like

They are Obese, they don’t look like the guy in that video.

They still look strong and I don’t mind either way, but let’s not pretend that belly is not obese.

2 Likes

just doesn’t make sense for a celtic druid lol. if people want that option cool. i want my character to be… more in character. :smiley:

4 Likes

If it’s truly impossible for you to even look at a certain character in a game, you have much, much larger problems that you should probably look into. Genuinely. You cant tell me looking at a larger character in a game is gonna make you binge eat your life away/or the opposite. Thats a pathetic excuse. Cut it out.

Oh come on.

As someone who has/does struggle with over eating I’m not triggered by the druid’s body type. It’s a video game for crying out loud. To me it’s more “triggering” to see every video game character outside of Kratos and Mario be some skinny person with no muscle mass at all.

We aren’t running through town and the NPCs are yelling “Fatty!” or treating them any worse than the other characters which is in stark contrast to the body shaming you’re projecting through your post.

1 Like

you got that right. druid body type is the representation of majority in the usa, it seems most americans got obesity problems . perhaps they did it because of that

1 Like

I think it would be good enough to not require any further remakes to be honest.

That’d be enough to represent people to a very good extent.

1 Like

Exactly! I don’t need sliders just options to get a character I can play. If you could have sorc body on druid more people would play it.

I’m not saying no one likes it, but the vast majority of people are going to take 1 look at druid and be like nope. So that means at this rate you’re going to have a large portion of the player base not even looking at 20% of the cosmetics being offered. That’s bad business on top of poor design

3 Likes

I don’t know. My guess is that the vast majority of people won’t really care one way or another. Sure, some may prefer something different, but I doubt many will care enough to the extent that it actually keeps them from playing the class entirely.

You would be surprised.

1 Like

Actually mine is an agile wolf…

3 Likes

BMI is flawed since it doesn’t take into account muscle mass.

1 Like

Strongest man or no it’s still unhealthy. Being that large has severe consequences.

1 Like