Druids are not fat

Then don’t play them. That’s a trigger for you and fortunately you have the ability to avoid it completely.

1 Like

I walk outside town and there’s like 30 deer in a 20ft radius are you joking? :smiley:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the roids the Barbarian is using would result in a decreased lifespan too.

I think they want all classes to look different. i really like what the artists did here. Are they big? Sure but not in a bad way. I wouldn’t mess with anyone who looks like that.

2 Likes

this reminds me of old everquest 1. you were able to play as trolls or ogres males and females. but guess what? the least played option was ogre ,troll females. i see the samething to happen here. if you gonna make a druid most people will select the male option. the female druid is just terrible

6 Likes

imagine a fat sorcerer? it is a total lore breaker. simple thing to do is to give them slimer body before release and problem solved don’t need to make them slim if they want, keep them chubby but they are sickly obese now.

1 Like

Riight… in a Diablo game of all places you’re looking for a safe space… come on man. Like all the gruesome stuff in this game wouldn’t do the same thing to other people for different reasons, so they should make the game all rainbows and unicorns for their sake too… right?

2 Likes

And that has what to do with the why?

The decision was made and maybe, at best, you’ll see body options added in an expansion or something. Realistically with how it appears armor is rendered you’d either need to scale everything which would still cause the issue some are having or you’d need to make entirely new assets for the armors.

Ehhh… that isn’t a 2-month job with other commitments more than likely.

You can see it in FFXIV to this day. Female roegadyn are the worst option in that game and are still 5 times more appealing than the druid in D4 and pretty much no one plays her. Preach did because he has a meme charater.

4 Likes

I like my Druid as a thicc strongman tbh.

1 Like

Druid has some sick looking armor.

The only character y’all should be transmogging naked anyway is a barb, because a barb doesn’t need armor, the armor needs the barb.

1 Like

Right, because people can’t be attached to their hurricane tornado druid they played for 20 years…while all other classes get their original looks AND the opposite gender AND any race they want?

Because, yea, if it was mostly locked like before (not even as much as before) this wouldn’t be a problem.

You (plural) need to stop defending representation done at the expense of the other side which gets their option/preference/representation AND their already established attachment to something taken away AND with a background of pretty annoying kinda false advertisement (with too much going on about how you can play what/how you want).

Do you think Azalea here is sexualising the female druid by just wanting it to look closer to what she does IRL? Or that I’m …what…sexualising the male druid by wanting it to be average build (which is a better fit for some guy that only casts wind all day)?

I can “definitely” (sarcasm) “play my fantasy” (advertisement phrase) by having the worst leveling experience in any Blizzard game ever made when I play a wolf druid (yes, yes it might be balanced for release) AND that looks nothing like either me (but that’s not what I go by) or any book character that I ever used the names of for any druid character I made in 15 years+ of gaming…or that doesn’t look like my main and favourite class/build combo of the franchise.

5 Likes

You can. Diablo 2 still exists. It even got a remaster.

Wait, why is a fat sorcerer a lore breaker?
Actual question. I know the justification for the druids MAYBE being like this (related to barbs in lore).

And the default thinking is anyone can cast magic regardless of build…so having an overweight character that can cast things and teleport makes more sense than some guy that can barely run properly be very effective at killing demons (or a good fit for the caster type). So there has to be some lore I forgot or never knew because of random 3 page stories added to forums for D3 or something.

Regardless of answer…realize that it’s been 60 years since 90% of the world DIED. So if it’s some bs about the tower/council of mages only letting in slim/visually pleasing/noble people …that’s long gone and not sustainable anymore.

Using that much magic is extremely draining, so even if you start out as a fat sorcerer you won’t be fat for long.

I just made that up, and I don’t really care. But it sounded plausible.

Right…well we care.
Maybe they should stop designing things based on representation of minorities (they can and actually should, it did make some people very happy, but without taking the option from the majority and the established thing ppl were attached to) and for casual people that will play for 70 hours and quit VS the people that played 20 years of wind druid and that will have 600h on the class in the first 2 years…IF THEY really have to choose one to not tweak armors for 2 body types.

2 Likes

LOL wait what?

Nothing has been taken from you in the name of representation of minorities.

That druid is built like a brick house though, I’ll give you that.

Right, because I’m going to believe this wasn’t at least partially for representation of the body type and the adjacent if not exactly the same overweight type.
Or that the majority is going to prefer this over the old model.

2 Likes

Why does every individual person think they represent the majority? Feel free to share your opinion in a constructive manner if you want to, but let’s not pretend you’re the ambassador of video gamers.

fatty fatty fatty fatty

keep trying to bend reality, moron op.

4 Likes