Druid is just straight awful

Mine is a pure feral build, takes a bit longer to kill boss because you are melee, but pretty much walk thru the rest.

1 Like

Druid felt weak for the first few lvls, but at lvl 19 now, and it feels quite fine as both a Pure bear, and a bear/wolf mix imo. Not taking much dmg. My dmg is not super high, but it is good enough. Makes combat more enjoyable when things arent dying the moment they enter the screen.

Druids are in dire need of more skills however. There are not enough choices for either wolf or bear.

True but there is more then just legendaries that make a class stronger like skill synergy. Just mixing in vulnerability to your skillset already changes a lot. Plus we don’t even have acces to the class mechanic and the right ‘basic’ aspects you get from completing dungeons yet. “Druid is awful with garbage spells it’s the worst designed class” is simply not true. The early filler attack skill damage to regenerate spirit could use a buff tho.

what a stupid take … we literally only get to level 25 so all we can do is give our impressions of a class up to level 25.

You sure you installed diablo4? Not some other random ARPG off of steam? I have 2 stash tabs full of legendaries and cannot relate to your comment

You couldn’t play druid last weekend. This is the first exposure for everyone.

The reason Druid gets better due to level and gear. Pre-15 flat out sucks unless you’ve got twinked gear.

Drops are buffed for the beta.

1 Like

have you tried all builds or just the furry ones?

i’m kinda tempted to roll a caster wind druid but yall are scaring me lol

Melee is hard, so anything ranged will be a safer bet. :slight_smile:

Why are there always so many defenders of obviously flawed things, is this a new trend? I mean it’s more than obvious to anyone who played multiple classes, that the Druid is not on par with Sorc and Nec and even in worse shape than Rogue and Barb. And as if the general weakness isn’t enough, it’s not fun to play with all the clunky and long-winded animations, non-regenerating mana and almost buggy spells. Ah and both Druids are insanely ugly, nobody will ever play this class in June, I guarantee you that.

3 Likes

Druid is boring, lacking good synergies and it’s exceptionally gear dependent like the Barb, I twinked my druid and smashed mobs up until I hit around level 15 in World Tier 2 then had no choice but to switch back to WT1 because my twinked gear was starting to hold me back and without any decent drops to balance the class became a chore to play and I know why.

Like the barb, Resource generation holds back the class along with large cooldowns and many of the skills/spells are underwhelming, pets are not even in the same league as necro skele’s. Sure you can spend a few skill points to increase your generation but even with that its still slow and that seems to be the brutally honest thorn in the side for the whole game, resource + long cooldowns basically is making D4 feel slow and sluggish, that leads to the feeling of being bored.

Barbs and Druids need a massive buff to resource generation imho, heck both classes almost need reworking. So many skills need buffing, lower cooldowns, lower resource costs and better resource generation then, I can only see the classes being remotely fun to play.

At this point, I’d easily say the classes are ranked like this ~

Necro
Sorc
Rogue
Barb + Druid tied for last place

3 Likes

I think that they should import the WoW druid if they can’t do better than what we currently have.

Are you implying that the class will change by any great degree post level 25?

Aside from a few extra passives, it’s not going to change at all.

The only thing you will get are a few different “Aspect” powers and then the paragon board, which is just more small stat boosts and some situational Number Go Up skill increases. Nothing really major at all.

If a class Is bad from the start and Needs paragon and more level (and i suppose gear) for to Just trying to be at the par with stronger from the start classes like necro, well that class Is bad period. If you would have like me a 20 years experience with Diablo 2 you would have the flashback on how bad was the druid before they unlocked the zoo druid with all summons out and It Is still bad with a B tier rating meantime classes like summoner necro always were and are at top tier-s even if D2 necro cant generate corpse from the air, same for the sorceress even if at harder difficulties could find ice immunes, immunities will kick in with elemental druid too and this D4 druid is also limited also on 4 skills because of consoles, so it is not realistic to think that It will do better, other classes with paragon and lvl100 will still outperform the druid and i say that with displease because i really hoped for a Better druid, instead we got a worse one.

I’m literally rolling over stuff with my druid atm, I just killed butcher in like 15 seconds. I’ll post a video soon, gonna farm and try to find another butcher. praying to the RNG gods atm

Be sure to show difficulty level too, i have a feeling people who say they roll through are all playing on reporter mode.

1 Like

i took claw with poison, shred with its 3rd hit applying pioson, then, VINE + Wolves+ raven, and for my Nyumber 4, i put in the defensive Bloodhowl.
as i neared lvl 20 i started maxing Vine, but also 3/3 companion dmg.
my were skills i kept at lvl 1 hardpoint, and at lvl 24, the lvl 25+ stronghold boss was the only Baddie that really tossed em arround, until i figured out it was his machinegun blood magic attack that anialted me during melee, did hit and run tactics to apply my basic poisons, the Vine poison and sending in wolves to attack poisoned enemies for its synergies to poison&snared mobs. in the end, my lvl 1(+some gear skills) raven active woul do most of teh ’ ranged ’ work i neeeded.
named the dude after one of my D2 meme druids, CreeperRobLowe, and had a lvl 7/5 poison creeper by the end scrapped a +1 creeper helm to use a legendary helm.
from my experiance, legendaries and gear combos willmake the builds diverse, but until then, i can see how they may feel clunky to some. ( yes it means skipping ultimates and wrath but i never fel liek i was missing out by not taking them, a Blood howl Legendary was my first drop too, so i was proplly carried by that free crit

*E i also played 100% start to finish in vetren,

I was going to make another topic since the bug report button is gone, but I’ll just say it here: It may not be perfect, but in a previous version, I (running a druid) was getting killed by low-lvl mobs, so I’m glad to see they put some power back into it. To your comments, the skill tree for each class seems a bit more limiting than the other diablos. They don’t give you enough points to fully flesh out every node and paragon points can’t be used for normal abils, so yeah, a bit more limiting than before. But at least now I’m not dying to wolves.

You must to consider that from Nightmare and harder difficulties resistances will kick in,.ememies will gain them meantime you will lose them, that is the problem with the druid and that was the same in D2 but at least in D2 you could do the zoo build which is not possible in D4 due to the console style of skill buttons, Blizzard should really understand that an arpg on PC like Diablo 2 Is different from an arpg for consoles.

Was extremely disappointed by the hurricane skill, both visually and its usefulness, also the wolves do extremely low damage compared to necromancer skeletons even with a legendary item that increased companion damage by a significant amount, it was still weaker than nicro skeletons lol, was disappointed to see the lack of fire-related abilities as well compared to D2 druid.

I did think it was very cool that you could use both the melee transform abilities (although they’re practically useless) and spells at the same time, the problem was that the abilities are bad/underdeveloped and the form-attacks are just regular attacks with a different animation basically lol.