Diablo IV Login/Queue Issues - 6/8/2023

2 Likes

I’ve been to every single one of their “rodeos”, that’s why I asked, “Why is it after all this time…?”

But thanks for the input.

I don’t have a twitter account…so I wasn’t gonna bother looking to a tweet for a game I play on PC lol. TY

1 Like

Yeah, they literally posted 5 minutes after this post. LOL. I take back 50% of what I said…

Bliz going bare minimum on infrastructure costs and increase things slowly following 3million outages shocker.

I was informed by 3 different technical support (GM’s) over the last 4 days to post this on the forums in hopes it would be resolved. It’s hard to believe that players have to post threads like this one for the public to see, in hopes to get a possible response from the powers that be.

I have been playing blizzard games for almost 25 years and remember the days where support tickets were resolved by the technical support team through a private ticket in a professional and timely manner.

I was directed to post this in the thread below but it’s now locked. So here’s a new one.

The patch that went live 3 hours into the Diablo 4 second beta (server slam) caused my GPU to go into melt down, along my install of windows 10 to become corrupt. Not even a system restore could revive it.

I have reason to believe the patch caused my in game resolution to get locked to that of my desktop(4k), because it was ‘‘greyed out’’ and I couldn’t change it to 1440p which I had it set to prior to that patch going live, and everything was running fine.

Just a few minutes after logging in after the patch I received a black screen as my GPU fans began to scream. I’d like to mention that prior to the patch going live my Titan X was running fine as it did in the first beta. I had no issues up until that ‘‘server slam patch’’.

It caused my GPU to reach temps so hot the backplate was charred. The technician that replaced my GPU with a RTX 4070 was surprised it didn’t cause a fire.

At the time of my GPU burning up I was just standing in Kyovashad idle and navigating the UI while using the vendors to upgrade/sell gear. What happen was similar to what this content creator explains in the video provided below, at the time stamp (4:59).

Diablo 4 Beta: We Recorded the Mysterious Anomaly Killing GPUs with a Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti! - YouTube

I tried to RMA my card but unfortunately the manufacturer warranty expired about 8 months ago. I had played nothing but classic WoW with it for the last 4.5 years, which isn’t demanding at all. The card had a lot of life left in it.

With that being said, I was hoping to receive some sort of compensation for the RTX 4070 I had to purchase along with the cost of labor. Which was not exactly cheap to repair. On the bright side I got a free copy of Diablo 4 with with my purchase of that new RTX 4070, which is ironic to say the least. Might wait until ladders are added or at least until there are no more reports of GPU’s burning up.

I’m looking forward to a response from the powers that be in regards to my request. In the form of an e-mail would be appreciated.

• Goth

Games can’t melt GPUs that’s probably why support did nothing for you lol…

It’s a fault with your card one of its failsafes for temps didn’t work the way it should and would have happened on a different game. Just so happens you were playing D4 when it occurred.

Best of luck,

D4 didn’t cause this the manufacturer of the card did when they assembled the card.

3 Likes

Watch the video before you talk non sense. Also I was playing games like path of exile and black desert online prior to the open beta at cool 69 degrees celcius.

1 Like

I don’t need to watch a video I work in IT.

Hardware does not burn/melt/fry due to software.

There is a fault in the hardware itself.

Also a channel with 300 subs is less than reliable. Just saying, just because you found something that fits your vision of what happened doesn’t make it true.

3 Likes

So I’d imagine you are sitting at your IT job posting on these forums instead of working. Not gonna feed you troll.

Replies like yours are exactly why it’s wrong that players can’t speak with blizzard technical support in private. At least ones that have the authority to elaborate on the issue.

1 Like

Actually I’m on vacation until the end of June, funny how that works! Ever hear of a vacation?

Support will not respond to hardware issues due to it being in the manufacturers end

Meaning it’s not blizzards problem to support hardware issues. It’s the GPUs manufacturers responsibility and now that the warranty is expired it’s no longer theirs.

So you will probably never get a response regarding hardware since they don’t support it. If it was software/game related they would answer you.

2 Likes

He isn’t talking nonsense

A batch of poorly done 3080’s were discovered to have problems when, new world I think it was, dropped and bricked a couple of GPU’s. The uncapped framerates combined with the faulty manufacturing led to the failures.

3 Likes

ALSO you didn’t even bother to look at the comment from the person who posted the video.

THEY EVEN SAY IT WASNT D4 that caused the issue lmao…. EVEN the video you posted stated it wasn’t the game that caused it but a faulty fan controller on the card!

So who is the troll???

Expecting blizzard to pay for your card is laughable. Go back to whatever hole you crawled out of.

1 Like

I specifically stay away from comment sections in most cases, because there are usually narcissistic or even white knight comments like the one I’m replying to. The forum that this happens most commonly on are the blizzard forums. What compelled you to post in this thread in the first place?

It was to be directed at the technical support team on this forum, because apparently the team that answers tickets and the team oversees situations like this are not the same team. I wanted them to shed some light on the issue more than anything. That’s also why I said i was ‘‘requesting’’ compensation for the 1199$ I had to spend.

What makes you think that the problem with my GPU was the fan? I didn’t have a 3080 ti. I had a Titan X SC, which is not even close to the same make or model of that of the 3080 ti.

I stated that my situation was ‘‘similar’’ to the video, but in no way exactly the same. It did however burn just sitting idle in kyovashad, so I thought I’d link the video as an example, since I found it on the last pages of the thread I was directed to post in.

I said I had reason to believe that my in game resolution was locked to that of my desktop(4k) after the patch was deployed. The in game settings showed I was at 4k resolution which could not be changed since it was greyed out. I had my resolution set to 1440p prior to the patch. So the patch seemed to have reset my graphical settings which caused this issue to begin with.

I monitor all the temps/usage and FPS on my PC with RivaTuner. It ran just fine the night before the server slam, my fan speeds and temps were normal. As I said before I was playing other games just fine the night before beta.

Do you believe that a GPU in which has never even got to the point of showing artifacts would just overheat in and instant to the point it charred the backplate, while sitting idle in D4?

With all that being said, you will not get another response from me.

I’m looking forward to a response from blizzard as to what happen.

You’re going to be waiting a long time blizzard isn’t responding to you here :joy:.

I’ve told you the cause wasn’t d4 you just are not listening, you are either incompetent or stubborn or both.

Get a tent and some food you’re gonna be here a while, until the thread closes automatically in a month due to inactivity.

Also bumping your thread to keep it active will get you banned in the forums just a heads up.

Good luck waiting for blizzard to respond to this thread about a problem that has nothing to do with them lol

This has been out there now for a month or so. Essentially the problem boils down to this:

The 3080 (Gigabyte were the worst offenders) had a manufacturing defect that only presented once certain conditions were met.

These conditions could be met by means other than simply playing Diablo IV. It just so happens that Diablo IV is a game that pushed the card to the point where this defect presented and caused the failure.

The actual blame is with the manufacturer of the card.

Regardless how you feel aobut Vinnie’s response, they are correct.

Computer hardware is built to protect itself from these failures. When these types of failures do happen, its due to a failure with the hardware protection or the design of the hardware in such that it will fail if certain conditions are met.

So again. Its not so much that Diablo IV caused the hardware to fail, but more that Diablo IV caused the hardware to reach a point where its manufacturing defect activated and essentially failed itself.

As a final note:

I’m not completely putting Diablo IV off the table either. Their game has shown some issues with inconsistencies in performance across the board and the need for better efficiency in how the game handles the graphics.

Anyway. Bottom line. Diablo IV didn’t directly kill your card. But it indirectly caused the card defect to trigger and fail the card.

And with you having an older card, this could have been building up for a while without any signs till it failed.

I had a 580 that suddenly burnt itself out while playing Overwatch. Did I blame Overwatch? No.

And this is from someone with over 30 years in the PC repair industry.

Game on.

2 Likes

I agreed with him, what you mean? He’s one of the two likes that the comment got lol

1 Like

No, I was using your 3080 comment for reference. I was actually responding to Gothic.

The person who posted the video edited his pinned comment 4 days ago
" Pinned by Palatech Gaming
Palatech Gaming [4 days ago (edited)

UPDATE: After extensive testing, we have found that the issue is related to a fan controller malfunction resulting in the card overheating. Lately we’ve had this behavior occuring randomly in other games as well, which means that it has nothing to do with Diablo 4."

You posted this reply 2 days ago. Hilarious.

1 Like

If you want to link youtube video to bolster your point, at least read the pinned comment section so it doesn’t invalidate your argument.

1 Like