Diablo 4 is just a prettier Diablo 3

Diablo 4 is just a prettier Diablo 3

https://www.pcgamer.com/im-happy-that-diablo-4-is-just-a-prettier-diablo-3/

Very unfortunate…

6 Likes

a lot of the same diablo 3 and immortal poopoo with some magic sprinkles ontop blizzard never learns

5 Likes

As I played in the Beta, some (not all) of the gameplay made me think it was a D3 reskin as well.

4 Likes

the skill tree is like the same system from d3 just remove 2 options from the skill rune system. items opperate same as d3 from i seen you want to play a build well find the 2 3 uniqes that add % dmg modifer for that build and shoehorn you into a set like build in d3

5 Likes

Hey now. D3 looks really good on my 27" screen at 1440p. The game looks horrible on my Switch, though. However, D4 looks great even on medium settings. They really made some good graphics to take advantage of newer video cards.

1 Like

I almost wish the skills were more like Diablo 3.

Disintegrate and Ray of Frost aren’t even in D4, Sorc has Incinerate as a channeled skill but man those D3 beams were gosh darn awesome.

7 Likes

What a terrible take. I had more fun playing Diablo 1 in 1997 than I did playing Diablo 3 at any point during its release.

These people are the worst type of players. They play an isolated experience without any type of competition and then force that experience on other players, the most casual form of gaming.

This game will die so fast if theyre making Diablo 3.5 PvE greater rift to infinity.

1 Like

They both use the Hydra game engine.

There’s hundreds of log files in the D4 data that point to the old D3 Hydra engine, so if it’s not the same engine, it’s heavily based off of the same engine in which case… it might as well be the same damn engine.

1 Like

I’m playing D4 either way but I don’t like the skill trees compared to D3, having the rune system had more options even if most of them weren’t that useful.

I like having many different forms of 1 skill, even if it’s subpar it can still look really cool.

1 Like

d4 will be a repeat of d3 and where to play a build you will be locked into what the devs built for it and will require 3 4 legendaries and few uniqes for it that will add % mulitplier power to the skill and just be d3 set problem all over again

What?

What is… Hydra Engine ? Link or anything?

D4 uses “homemade” Engine, aka their own.

d4 is a modfied unity engine from what it looks like

1 Like

no Scheisse sherlok, you thought bli$$ would look at D3 and realise their mistakes ? or pick d2 which they hate and make a better game from there ?
are you crazy ?!

I agree to this statement 10000000%.
It’s diablo III with a paint job. Nothing more, nothing less.

Let’s see who is still playing in 6 months lol

1 Like

well it isn’t come back once you cleared out a dungeon 10levels above you at lv 50 and we can talk again about how they are not the same,

flagged for tabloid spam

Great article and author is right. Obviously D2 fanboys will not like it. Nobody can help them as they are stuck in the 20 years old arpg mechanics.

Don’t forget, they added the EXCLAMATION marks from WoW. Lot’s of EXCLAMATION marks.

Hey, Adventurer, would you mind bringing me that pot of boiling water? I haven’t had Tea in a long time.

1 Like

I can’t tell if the people in this post love diablo 3 and are sad is different or not. We got diablo 3 fans of diablo 2 didn’t like it but diablo 3 has a new fan base. You didn’t support them for expansions they did. So duh diablo 4 is trying to find middle ground dont be selfish.

I hope it is at least a little more challenging than diablo 3. Game was way too easy.

Had tougher times playing gauntlet.

Diablo 4 also has a better world to explore, better story, better combat.

1 Like