Diablo 4 community managers and twitter

I don’t have any social media because it’s trash.

3 Likes

I think that they could really improve in communication, even without directly answering to any post.

Their livestream is a source of information for sure, but its lacking a more day-to-day (or so) source of information about current known bugs and known flawless that are considered to improvement. Where is this “known issue” pinned topic ?

Also, having different hubs (D4 news and forum for the official ones, reddit, wowhead, twitter for the unofficial) for information is quite bad as you have to jump from hub to hub to get the full picture.

In my opinion, a forum is a really good place to act as a certerpoint to provide all these information …

Here’s the point. You’re doing more managing right now than anyone else in the forums, which is laughable because it calls upon people like you who feel the need to defend this company at a fan level, rather than acknowledging facts.

• Fireside chat is a video one-way dialogue that doesn’t acknowledge current progress of bug reports or other content - what’s happening with this 13-page doc?
  • “Tweets” aren’t official site content. So again, you’re just acknowledging that the act of posting on Twitter is the common practice now for Blizzard and not acknowledging that it requires a third-party site to access outside of what consumers paid for, which was access and communication regarding game updates on…what was that? Oh, that’s right. The official site.
1 Like

I live in a circle I have no corners to cry in. My brain has many folds. Apparently many more than you.

Personally, i enjoy being smooth brained. makes the washing easier.

2 Likes

Yeah, this is the kind of stuff I’d love to hear. Don’t want to judge it, at least not immediately, I just wanna hear it.

It would be cool if they could have a dedicated forum section, or something. They could pick and choose topics, hell, idk.

Just something consistent and lively for those of us that avoid social media on purpose.

2 Likes

Lol don’t even get me started…

Blizzard only cares about Esports and listens usually to the wrong people. If they listen to the PoE crowd here then the game will be made a lot like PoE, still fail to live up to their expectations, and they’ll just go back to PoE. If they listen to the streamers then it’ll cater towards a more hardcore playstyle (no-lifing 12 hours a day or longer), fostering min/max spreadsheet builds that you have to go to their sites to understand. If they listen to us the game will be more casual and laid back in a lot of ways which is good for the game overall.

The problem with another game of thiers, WoW, is that they cater to the extreme minority too much. The game becomes too complicated and has too much going on in it. You have to look up guides written by top end players to try and play like them which is massively unfair. You aren’t them, I’m not them, and it’s very likely we never will be at their level of skill ever. I don’t want to play WoW like it’s a job and I’m an esports gamer. I want to play WoW more casually like it was back in Mists of Pandaria with fun easy dungeons, no mythic plus, challenge mode if you want that, and just fun world content to enjoy with the story (which btw no serious hardcore raider or M+ pusher usually even cares about). And even friends and family pretty chill difficulty raids just a hair above LFR (even Normal and LFR are more complicated than older WoW raids). But this is a pipe dream as Blizzard is fully invested in M+ and Raiding and catering to the extreme minority.

Anyway, I think they just listen to the wrong people and all of their games are suffering for it. And they likely aren’t communicating well enough it seems due to too much bureaucracy.

1 Like

“/s” indicates a joke my friend. Just a joke.

OOH! Raiding in D4? I’m in, when?

I don’t have to imagine that at all. I can imagine it would be a difficult job. I’ve worked in customer service and honestly I’ve had people yell in my face for no reason at all and just had to stand their and be polite. I am not defending people who are rude, but when its your job its what you have to do. I wish I could ignore angry customers at work but that would get me fired. But with the current community management system on twitter they have figured out a perfect way to ignore the community and be the victim because its their own personal twitter account.

1 Like

This I also agree with. A single hub for all replies is REALLY helpful. They leave it to the third party sites that aggregate info and news though. So for example Wowhead has everything Wow related, and does a pretty good job with D4 now too.

I have asked many times for an official version but Blizz has not done it. I will say their other games like WoW have gotten a LOT better on communications in the past couple years, including a weekly issue wrap up, road map, etc. lots more info directly from them.

They are not there yet with Diablo, certainly.

They do interviews with specific game teams from time to time and post Blogs with specialized deed dives on topics. They also sometimes do those on video for Blizzcon panels. That is currently how those are handled unless you happen to be sitting with them.

I do think a forum AMA about Season Theme, for example would be really interesting to try maybe? They have done reddit versions before. Not sure what the best format for that would be.

1 Like

They answer questions in the fireside chats. Maybe you should submit a question next time and ask about the bugs. Maybe they’ll respond to you.

I mean, provided it’s an actual question and not an insult seeing as how 90% of the forums conduct themselves through insults instead of constructive criticism.

There are more people engaging with Diablo IV on Twitter than there is on the forums, chief. Twitter is arguably more important for communication about the game than the Diablo IV forums are. For some perspective, the highest viewed forum post on here is at 115k.

The Diablo twitter account’s most recent tweet from two days ago? 700k views and 200 comments.

The forums are an outdated form of communication.

1 Like

It did seem like you were letting yourself get brainwashed every time there’s a new criticism that starts gaining traction. It suddenly becomes your mission to support that, no matter how flimsy it is.

Ah, he’s a good dude. A little angry and annoying? Yeah prolly. But he’s aight, as long as you don’t take him too seriously. At least his insults are spelled correctly and are sometimes pretty funny.

I also appreciate his lack of emojis. Really takes it up a notch.

I’m glad you recognize me. It means I leave an impression. There’s a little spot for me to live in your head. Maybe one day, the things I say will echo in your thoughts and begin to make sense.

Am I rude? Maybe. But it’s not like any of you are actually kind people. You just use more socially acceptable ways of being the same level of rude. All of this is a joke and we’re all the punchline.

This is precisely what’s needed here as well. I know from being in the corporate industry and having managed sites myself that our marketing and webdev teams consistently go at odds to make our social media accounts funnel traffic back to us. This a huge overstep to post only to one platform and in some cases, it can result in a write-up.

The worst thing to do for a company is to disperse traffic, which is where we’re at right now. Community is here, in a vacuum, awaiting official updates or answers on some of the bugs and features.

The common practice, as far as I’ve seen, is to draft those out accordingly - then post to official site, gathering the link and then announcing on all major platforms (Twitter, Facebook, etc.). It gives the customer base the option of what platform they want to receive updates on, and they know they can always come here if they choose not be on one of those platforms (either permanently or even for just a day).

1 Like

If these forums were actually a community I’d probably be behaving much differently than how I behave in this echo void theyve created on purpose to quarantine people.

It’s all about community management and setting expectations. Something Blizzard excels at avoiding.

I don’t know about corporate stuff (I’m just a dumb scientist), but what percentage of people are here and not on twitter etc.?

Would it even be worth their effort?

1 Like

What!? do you wanna know that he went to a Barn Dance on Sunday? And that he’s going to Garth brooks bar with all his girlfriends on a Tuesday ladies night after taco Tuesday lunch?

You don’t wanna know about his political ideas and his preferred sexual titles?

You’re not going to be put on blizzard staff unless you have the proper social worldview he needs to show to the other staff and to the world that he’s in league twitter guy

You’re probably just angry because you haven’t gotten a skill helm drop from a chest and that you’re not working in Blizzard where do you have brakes in their safety room with stuffed animals and baby Merlock monkey baby stuffed animals. Just because you’re happy working as a plumber doesn’t mean he’s not happy working at Blizzard, and being famous on his Twitter, where all the players have to read about his puppy, adoptions and infatuation with country line dancing

3 Likes