Diablo 4 Bricked my GIGABYTE 3080 TI

No. I watched my GPU usage because I’m not a monkey and it never went over 70%. Heat never went about 60c.

Don’t always assume everyone that has issues is just some mentally challenged ogre. I truly despise people like you that attribute literally 0 to the conversation and yet still have the audacity to post. You monkey brained plant eater.

2 Likes

I’ve got an EVGA 3080ti, I played for 12 hours straight and watched EVERY cut scene. I’m on max settings. Zero issues.

1 Like

I am seeing RTX 3080 TI’s on 850w psu’s I know for a fact if the card is pushed to 100% on a equally power hungry setup cpu/board/faster ram/lots of fans and lighting you need more than 850w…
If you happened to pull more than 850w that could cause a psu failure if it didn’t trip and reset or just caused a component in the psu to go pop taking something with it.

Next is Gigabyte if the card came from the batches a while ago from gigabyte that had shipped out with the faulty vram this could had been what was needed to make the card fail.

One issue I did notice with the beta is the game is chewing up an awful lot of vram. Like excessively. My EVGA 3090 TI, 3080 12gb and ASUS 4090 both at 3440x1440 both 90’
s took up over 21gb of vram. Sadly I forgot to submit a bug report on it.

Seeing a lot of gigabyte gpu’s going out have a bad feeling it’s the faulty vram cards that got manufactured/shipped out during all the craziness. Saw a lot of them die the past 2 or so years. You really want at least a 1000w on a 3080 12gb/TI even more if you have a really beefy setup, a digital not analog, and a quality unit if you want to be in the safe zone at least a 1300w so the psu’s efficiency is not pressed. Just my input on the subject take it as you will.

1 Like

Can you link a thread/etc. on this for reference?

Just a thought but it may be a GPU Bios bug thats causing a volt spike under certain conditions . I have an MSI 3080ti OC and I am running the game at 5k 5100x2600 max everything and locked at 60fps tho but GPU usage doesn’t go over about 60% . Not seeing any spikes in use or fans ramping and I am running full time monitoring software on another monitor , played about 16hrs with no issue at all . I have games that run the GPU at 95% and never an issue . Again I would be suspecting its a GPU bios issue imho

I heard GIGABYTE was a bit sketchy. Is that true?

1 Like

This thread proves it! :smiley: I would not touch anything from Gigabyte with a bargepole.
Luckily, I have Powercolor Radeon 6800XT 16GB and I can fly through this game without any worries.

1 Like

I was told only New World did this. Oh wait…it’s just a flaw in the Nvidia cards that will eventually happen if you play enough different games.

1 Like

There are multiple videos of tear downs of 3xxx GPUs due to the New World bs and the videos ended up blaming the cards with piss poor parts. Yes New World and D4 could offer more limits but it would handicap the people with good cards. And you can bet your bottom dollar not much changed when moving over to 4xxx choices.

Let the sh!tty cards burn.

Just cause your car can do 160 MPH doesn’t mean it will sustain it. Even more so if there are drastic accelerations do to poor optimization.

1 Like

Exactly my thoughts. A good, demanding game like D4 is a sieve for pi$$-poor hardware like some Nvidia cards, especially from Gigabyte. Affected customers should do a class action lawsuit against Gigabyte.

This makes me glad I’m AMD.

2 Likes

While the Game could trigger the hardware to malfunction, my understanding is it’s something specific to that brand of hardware that is faulty. EVGA had something similar with the 3090 on an Amazon game and they (EVGA) replaced all faulty cards. Amazon also tried to cap the issue, and users also capped the power consumption for the card as a response.

IT professional with 25+ years experience here
An application cannot harm hardware, at least not modern equipment manufactured in the past few decades, there may be edge cases way back in the dawn of PC’s, but not now
The hardware has to be faulty in some way for damage to occur.
All modern PC components have multiple fail safes to prevent damage,
Even something catastrophic like pulling the heat sink of your CPU while its running, it’ll just shut down.
So, no, Diablo 4 did not “Brick the GPU”
Yes, Blizzard needs to make sure that elements of the game don’t unnecessarily drain resources, but this cannot in an of itself damage hardware.

3 Likes

Another 3080Ti user here who experienced problems with their card after the D4 beta. I had artefacts in windows and my monitors would flicker black sometimes (out of game, just normally in windows). No overclocking, everything default. Gigabyte RTX3080Ti by the way.

Don’t compile a list on these forums do it on Blizzards Twitter feed you wont ever get a response here. Blizzard is in partnership with Nvidia DLSS 3 team for D4 maybe even do it on Nvidia twitter feed.

To hell you can’t I can write a program that will fry CPU, GPU, RAM I don’t give a damn what “military grade” caps you got on your board by simply programming the code to report temperature as normal it will literally melt it before your eyes. STUXNET ever heard of it? A simple oversight in a driver can cause a weak link to fail.

2 Likes

the “black screen 100% fanspin action” that is happening, is infact to prevent the hardware from being damaged. Its not bricking the card its locking it down, to prevent further damage to the components.

I was about to post that I have a $90 XFX rx580 and I had no issues during closed beta. Glad I didn’t spend money on an overpriced Nvidia card.

3 Likes

If it was 100% the games fault, then why is my EVGA 3080TI FTW3 perfectly fine? I streamed the game for nearly 21 hours straight, played most of the beta, and had extra applications running most of the time. No fan speed ups, no power draw issues, no black screens. Just normal gameplay.

What I AM seeing, is that the majority of people claiming bricked cards are Gigabyte card holders. Your answer lies somewhere with Gigabyte when paired with Diablo IV.

1 Like

EVGA 3080 FTW, played around 50 hours of this beta, it made my whole PC crash (BSOD) three times due to memory management (GPU?). Luckily, not bricked. I capped FPS before I even began playing.

It happened the same to me during the previous D4 closed beta, and no, it doesn’t happen, ever, with any other game I play.