Diablo 3 Clone confirmed

I remember them saying that the game wouldn’t be like diablo 3.
So far they lied. Its a Diablo 3 clone with more MMO elements and a continuation of the story.

35 Likes

Not sure what youve been eating. D4 is far more slower paced and more build focused, plus open world. Not a clone for sure.

47 Likes

think i’ve been playing a different beta cause i dont see any D3

30 Likes

It doesn’t look like D3 to me.

17 Likes

There are some things that are the same as D3 but I wouldn’t call it a clone.

D3 has sets with multipliers (this just kills customisation in gearing).
D4 has legendaries with multipliers that are the same as D3 sets just without the green text…

If we could move away from that aspect of D3 then I would be super happy, outside of the console UI that PC players got…

3 Likes
  • few skills with even less runes. V
  • Automatically Distributed Attributes. V
  • Build for dummies, where you don’t have to think to equip yourself. V
  • An item that specifically buffs a single skill and alone is stronger than your entire build making it DETERMINISTIC for that build. V
  • The RIDICULOUS lifeglobe mechanic that failed on d3. V
  • Distinct resources per class making auto rgens (mana) INFINITELY superior to ALL. V
  • Melee practically impossible and tank simply does not exist since everything is hk. V
  • Unique items scale with level making them useless seconds after leveling up TOTALLY breaking the sense of having a unique item. V
18 Likes

Where’s the downvote button on this forum?

26 Likes

And I’m going to place my bets here. ad DG are the rift (GR) possibly the sets will come and they will be INEVITABLE and will be set so that you use the skills in a deterministic for dummy rotation with trillions of damage.
This game is basically everything bad about D3 placed on the lost ark. it is FILLED with p2w devices that are sitting there, just waiting for bli$$ard to turn on the switch.
once again the story of the game is a teenager pretending to be an adult and somber, dialogues are bad and extremely expository to the point that one of the dialogues is a vision (as if the player could not deduce for himself what happened) and WORSE than that the vision it is REPEATED verbally by your character as if it were a teletube that has to expose the obvious and repeat it to be sure. this game is a joke, it shouldn’t be called diablo. Change the name, call it “lilith” and protect the franchise that is already bleeding from the failure of D3 its mediocre launch and real money AH.

4 Likes

Disagree its taking elements from many ARPG games IMO.

7 Likes

I wish I didn’t agree here, but I am definitely worried as it is far leaning in the D3 category than the D2. No I didn’t want a D2 clone, but I did want my build to be more determined by my skill ups and such than entirely by whatever item I equip. You can see this problem evidently on the Druid and Barb, the others as well it’s just much more noticeable on Druid/Barb. They are completely dependent upon getting legendaries.

I think my biggest problem with the way this is lining up is that they are making us entirely dependent upon legendaries and items, but now have taken away the ability to switch your build up at end game easily. This would be fine if our build was a larger impact than the items but with the inverse and half of the skills being quite crap even with some legendaries on some it worries me.

11 Likes

A lot of people claim it’s nothing like d3 because of how fast paced d3 was with huge multipliers and set bonuses etc., which is true for how it ended up.

This slower paced builder spender combat is exactly the same as the D3 beta was.

11 Likes

There aren’t any life globes at all… you use and pick up potions. I rarely changed gear and used the stats i found most useful. I made a l pretty indestructible druid tank build. All the skills i saw were pretty unique and fun to experiment with. And its a BETA that you dont get to endgame with. How many lvl 20’s did you have with set armor in d3, my guess none… Did you people play the beta or screw up and just load up d3 cause you all have no clue what you are talking about

5 Likes

show there how you distributed attribute.
show the video of you tanking A HIT by bos fild
the problem is that EVERYONE with eyes can see what’s wrong the famboy wipes it off he always gets it all, nothing is ever wrong for him, the game has TONS of technical, mechanical and scripting issues but he plays without experiencing any from them. I just said what I saw and I didn’t see ONE SINGLE build capable of tanking a hit from the bos

1 Like

I think you were playing D3, these games have a ton of deferences, and im not sure if you were told but this was a BETA.

1 Like

If you’re talking about the world boss, my glass Rogue can literally take a hit from it and not get 1-shot… idk what you were watching. If you take a ridiculously telegraphed hit from a WORLD BOSS, you should have to pop a couple pots.

3 Likes

I got up and answered a door dash order mid boss fight, came back and finished lol. And just becaue an item has green upticks doesnt necessarily mean its better could completely screw your stats a fortification rates. But had a simple chain lightning basic, earth shield, and poison crawler. Pretty much it. High sustainability and plenty of aoe/cc for swarms. Play smarter not harder

3 Likes

actually it’s worse, since D3 is an ARPG with dozens of waves of opponents where you fight hundreds of them at times, this game is an MMO, slow with scattered mobs and bozes with life thousands of times greater than yours. the game has clear balancing problems precisely because it is a lost ark with D3 mechanics

This was not the case in the D3 beta. The only time there was a large pack of monsters at once was the 4 pillars before the skeleton king. You’d spend the whole time building up fury with frenzy and dumping it with HotA. Resources mattered, crafting mats mattered, gold mattered, and we were running skele king over and over to try optimise level 13 yellows.

3 Likes

More build focused?!

“Boring generator left click, damage right click, 3 utility buttons, ultimate button”.

The items are green arrow keep, red arrow scrap.

The ladder will look just like D3. The top 1k players will all be using identical skill tree, items, and affixes on the items.

Unfortunately, there is no depth in the skill tree or the items.

8 Likes

Yeah, I must agreee. I played the Open Beta (whenever the game did NOT crash) and the only noticeable differences to Diablo 3 and Immortal are the better graphics, yet it was not as dark as it was promised, Diablo 4 is closer to Diablo 2: Ressurected.
I think Diablo Immortal is a better game than Diablo 4, so far.