DIABLO 2 is more enjoyable to play than DIABLO 4

Your recommendation is so weird, If you want someone to compare the gameplay, you should ask them to BUY and play booth games, BIAS recommendations means you are not a true fans of DIABLO.

Said the person who never played the original D2. Only having 1 skill up at a time sure sucked.

Probably this WOMBAT does not even play D2, his reasoning seems so one sided.

The story is the same in both isn’t it? We team up with an old man to chase a powerful demon into hell and beat them. Also there is an angel who is just there for a cutscene hero

That’s the main issue, they just copied same story line, teaming up with a DECARD, and yet they did not elevate the excitement on how to get a good item build, leveling and Killing the BOSS.

Good ITEM drop are almost everywhere, Killing a campaign BOSS is not that challenging, worst part the loot that you get after killing the campaign BOSS is almost the same as killing dungeon monster boss, which makes many players unsatisfied.

I like tht good loot isn’t put behind killing a boss hundreds of times. I also dunno if you are joking about Deckard, and I was just kinda being hehe about the vague story cause they are all about getting to the big bad and stopping them from shifting the power dynamic of the eternal war

diablo 2 is more fun because it’s fast paced and i don’t have to look at all the trash that drop.

Anybody remembers diablo 2 on release? I do. It was bad until lod hit. It was great then and I played the crap out of it.

Diablo 3 was the same. Release was dumpster fire, Ros made it quite enjoyable.

This game is far better on release than both of them or Poe. Just give it time and content will flow

If you don’t like it just don’t play it till you find it enjoyable. That’s what I did with 2 and 3 and it was a good decision.

2 Likes

Go play it then? Why are you on D4 forums crying?

Yeah, I fully agree. Reaper of Souls tied for best Diablo with Lord of Destruction to me. Both were fantastic in their own rights. Imagine if Hellfire was like that c:

1 Like

Would be for most who have either never played or played very little d2. But for those of us that have played D2 into the dirt over and over and over not so much.
D2 had a simple to learn hard to master magic we have never seen since. Simple game with multiple layers of complexity. Especially in its time when most online games were a full life commitment d2 was the perfect inbetween game.
But do not have rose color glasses about d2 either. It was never a game that worked as your ONLY game. YOu needed breaks. Like i have 450 hours into d4 already and yeah been bored to death for 300 of those. But d2 you had TONS of great games releasing constantly to distract you. Unlike today where we might have 2 or 3 games even worth looking at a year.
Funny modern gaming kind of like d4 ancestral loot. 999 out of 1000 are straight garbage. ANd it is frustrating and boring to look through them to find that 1.

Go what?
how can I make a comparison if I haven’t played played the previous series of DIABLO, this kind of responds make me think, that this kind of people does really exist, the kinds who only respond using their butt reasoning and not their brains.

“pretty sure its you dude”
Even though myself and plenty of other comments on here prove it isnt just this one person. a lot of use feel the way he does.

Then it would become their recommendation and not my own?
Do you not understand what a recommendation is?

Don’t be goofy

Bro i would NEVER tell someone to pay 70$ for diablo 4. im embarrassed that i paid that much for this. its a 60$ at the very best. 40$ would be best.

I agree with most of this and yes, I think most releases are garbage. However, 2023 and 2024 are periods of a lot of releases coming out - and what looks to be a lot of major releases that could go into the annals of gaming history. BG3 is already a fine game with only 75% of act 1 covered. Act 2 and 3 are “under the hood” so to speak and if they’ve proven what they can do (as with DOS2) with BG3, Larian is going to have a long time fanbase on this one. Starfield, if it can compete with its predecessors of Skyrim and FO4 may become one of those games that consumes thousands of hours for any single player as main game. PoE2 on the horizon (a direct competitor to this) could stand to take the reins away from D4 and be the stand-out ARPG that does hold as a main game (just like PoE) for a lot of players.

This last one stands out, because it has a decade of progression and is likely to retain old players that dipped away for D4 and new players seeking a game with much more content. As PoE2 is confirmed as being an “expansion” of sorts to PoE, and not entirely a new game of its own.

Amongst others that already released, and potential DLCs for those titles, as well as other mentionable ones like Bloodlines, etc.

I just don’t think (for me) this garnered enough of my attention with the lack of anything that looks remotely promising in S1 to keep me around long enough to see an evolution in this game, which is sad. It really should have released with fixed and full release content. There are so many bugs amongst so many classes that it makes me think it was intentionally released ahead of the other titles above, because of the acquisition with MS, the competition and that 2024 would contend with additional major titles on UE5, etc. - making performance on this one seem poor.

Again, all speculation, but I really don’t think D4 holds up.

The 4$ USD game called (Halls of torment) is more enjoyable than DIABLO 4

1 Like

Not going to argue BG3 just not my kind of rpg. But starfield? Anyone that thinks Bethesda can still make a game did not play fo76 they did the same exact thing d4 doing now. Released a broken unfinished game THEN every patch after release made it worse and worse.
But that is not the issue. Bethesda not making it. Microsoft is and it is going to fail as fast if not faster than redfall did. Just a single player game so it wont fail so epically but it will.
Not to mention a single player modern games is not a week or two of entertainment like it was 15 years ago. It is 20-30 hours best case with a few that get a bit more.

Sure, but FO76 lacked modding community. That’s where Starfield will succeed - just like Skyrim and FO4. FO76 being a live service game and all, just like D4. There’s a bit of a trend here.

Note: I agree with a lot of what you’re saying here. I also have my complaints with Bethesda and especially MS - but what I do have faith in is the modding community.

What the modding community going to do? You ever see the fo4 modding community everyone wanted so much? You know what mod gets downloaded 100 times more than every mod combined? Cheat mods. Fo76 had plenty of cheats and exploits that sure did not help anything.
Love how people do the same thing with d2 pvp. Say it was such a big great community when it was actually very small and one of the most toxic aspects of d2.