Can't play Diablo 4.. The game is crashing all the time on the title screen

Well i’ve tried:
Updating windows (including preview)
Updating as well as reinstalling graphics drivers
Disabling windows firewall
Removing localprefs
Disabling specific prefs (chroma, startup vid, etc)
Enabling SafeMode in the localprefs
Clean booting (with all 3rd party services disabled ex: nvidia geforce exp, overlays, razer, etc)
Reinstall w and w/o hi-res assets

Razer Advanced 15" meets the Ultra requirements, so resources are not an issue.
Running no external displays, just primary laptop 4K display.

The primary drive in this laptop is an NVMe, so it seems like I’m screwed until they patch this.

EDIT: This fixed it for me: [Main Thread] PC - Game Client Freezes at "Logging into Diablo IV" When Launched on Certain NVMe Drives - #246 by Toom-1290

It is such a stupid scenario this entire situation.

I also tried all the options and it keeps crashing but when i installed it on my laptop with a older Graphic card all of sudden the game works .

How is it that you Blizzard gave no attention to this matter which was reported back in the Beta , what kind of clown show is this.

At least have the gall to provide an answer or something in this forum instead of leaving the community to fix your crap yet again.

Hey Folks.

Here is a link to a different thread were I was able to fix this. TLDR; try uninstalling and reinstalling on a different drive (I did C: to D:).

1 Like

This worked! You’re a hero man, thank you!

This just worked for me:

1. Open the nVidia GeForce Experience.
  2. Find Diablo IV (scan if not found)
  3. Click Optimize
  4. Launch the game
  5. Observe it launches in a bordered window and is not full screen, BUT IT WORKS!!!
  6. ALT+ENTER to make it full screen.

Notes: I’m not sure what changes the “Optimize” did, all my settings seem identical. From the visual prefs to even the HDR fine tuning. And yet, this works. I’m too scared to exit the game now out of fear that it won’t work again, but I’ll try to ALT+ENTER before exiting so it hopefully remembers for next time I launch it.

As for the D dive “solution” to the problem - I don’t have another Drive, it’s just my Samsung 990 Pro and that’s it. I’d have to obtain some USB HDD or something.

GeForce Exp says Diablo IV cannot be optimized for me

EDIT: This fixed it for me: [Main Thread] PC - Game Client Freezes at "Logging into Diablo IV" When Launched on Certain NVMe Drives - #246 by Toom-1290

omg, it realy work on SSD, but not ssd m2 or nvme, just copyid to usb ssd 2.5, and that WORK!

2 Likes

I copied all files to C from E and it is working for me.

1 Like

Same, keeps happening and I have an I9-13900k, 4070ti, 32 gm ram, all drivers up to date, windows 11 up to date.

I was able to install and launch the game successfully, multiple times, from an XQD card through a USB card reader. But, I cannot launch the game from my NVMe primary drive.

EDIT:: This fixed it for me: [Main Thread] PC - Game Client Freezes at "Logging into Diablo IV" When Launched on Certain NVMe Drives - #246 by Toom-1290

2 Likes

Yep moving it from one nvme to another didn’t work but moving it to my 7200rpm drive made it work. None of the other suggestions worked.

Same problem. I am running Windows 11, with an i12700k, 32 gb RAM, and a 3080. Tried everything suggested on this forum and no joy. Any other suggestions before I pull the plug and get a refund?

Not seeing error messages to give me a clue as to what might be going wrong. It just freezes.

Thanks!

Я не понимаю почему они не обновляют дьябло 4.Сложно обновить ,

Hey all I did was uninstalled the hi res texture pack and it worked for me. I am also playing on a NVME m.2 and no issues after I did this. If you haven’t tried this already give it a shot. Might work for you also. I think there is a problem with that 4k texture pack.

I have a regular one.and the screen is not working, and blizzard is frozen

I have the same issue. Only once it could play almost completely the introscreen. Since then it crashes after the game tries to connect (so I only see the Blizzard logo and the darkgrey door on my laptop). I paid € 100,- to play the game early. I just paid for nothing. It really sucks…

i was experiencing the same issue, after trying everything i re-install the drivers from NVIDIA and so far i’m playing the game.

NVIDIA RTX 2080 notebook

i change from my m2 to ssd and work

1 Like

that works not to everyone, my first instalation was on nvm, then i moved it to hdd now i have it on a ssd the game is still crash good for u how i say not everyone can play, i play on my workers notebook there is a ssd to and it works but on my high end pc its still crash

Fixed my issue with the brute force approach. I uninstalled Diablo IV in addition to Battle.net and reinstalled everything from scratch. I let everything install into default directories, but did move it off to my D: drive rather than the default C: drive.

Not an elegant solution, but it worked.