Can't play Diablo 4.. The game is crashing all the time on the title screen

Can’t play Diablo 4… The game is crashing all the time on the title screen.
The farest I could go was on character creation and then it didn’t start the “world” and I couldn’t play.
Same thing was happening during server slam. I could play the first beta without issues tho.

Setup:
Ryzen 5 2600X
GTX 1070 (latest driver)
16gb RAM DDR4

5 Likes

Yeah same issues as the last beta it wont run past the character screen… I cant beleive they cant fix this… every other Blizzard game works fine.

2 Likes

I was getting a similar issue
Crashing upon startup. Server Slam fix was to go to Documents > Diablo IV > LocalPrefs and edit the DisableChromaEffects value from “0” to “1”

I was getting the same crash now and fixed it by deleting that Diablo IV folder, starting the game (let it crash) so it generates a new Diablo IV folder and re-editing the value from “0” to “1”.

Assuming your crash is related to the same problem I was getting it’s worth a try :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Same issue. Keep crashing on startup now. First 2 beta weekends had absolutely no issues

1 Like

Same here,

i9 12900k
rtx 4080
32gb ram
nvidia drivers up to date
windows 10 up to date

1 Like

I’m also running on a 12900k and a 3090 with 32GB.
Drivers and windows 11 up to date.
Can’t get past title screen lol

1 Like

Thank you, I’ve been tearing my hair out and this worked for me!

1 Like

This same thing is happening to me. I’ve tried scan and repair, uninstall/reinstall, I tried disabling chroma in localprefs, etc. I was able to play earlier today for a bit, but most of the day it’s just crashing.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. I get about 60 seconds in and it kicks me back to the desktop with no error message. Nothing in Event Viewer either. I

CPU: 13th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i9-13950HX 2.20 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Laptop GPU
RAM: 32GB

Same here I’m unable to get passed the screen to select character, the game crashes at the same point every time.

1 Like

Same here, even tried to fix with chroma “1” but nothing crash after a few seconds. 4090 and I9 all have great temp no overheating

3 Likes

crash on blizz logo zzz. updated everything. game is running on my 10 year old laptop but not my new PC, go figure.

1 Like

You’re a saviour and a hero.

I was able to get it to pass the logging screen by setting SafeMode to 1 in the localprefs file. Hope this helps

SafeMode to 1 in the localprefs file worked for me. Thanks!

Have tried all off the above a maybe once out of 50 tries the game loads. up im able to play a couple hours and then I start all over playing the launch game.

Blizzard you suck massive wiener. How do you ALWAYS manage to mess up a launch. I spent 100 on this game so i could play early and out of 6 hours i had free to play I made for myself i got to play a total of 2.5 hours. Yall turds…

and best part you toons just released a hotpatch where you fixed enemy health etc. Fix the thousands of us who cant even play the game…

5 Likes

I found a solution guys, I was crashing on login literally, hard reboot, never seen that in any games.
The game produces massive power spike, if the psu isn’t so powerful, it will crash everything.
The solution I found is to limit the framerate in nvidia panel to reduce the power spike, start with 50 fps limit and see if it works (for me it worked), then increase slowly the framerate up until the point you don’t crash anymore and have the highest fps you can have.

No help from this. Still crashing

I have the same issue, i tried everything and nothing works. Sometimes I reach the “loggin into diablo4” screen, but music stops and program is freezed. When I check the task manager, then 0% CPU on the diablo4.exe, and 1,5GB RAM used. (some crash has only 700MB).

1 Like

I made a video of my logon experience from this morning and added to Youtube. I was able to get in night, so no idea whats changed.
Diablo 4 timeout crash
You’ll likely want to scan to the end as its a bit boring to wait thru but the last thing you see is “Reconnecting” and then the game disappears.