Blurry/Low res textures

Hey,i have the same issue.
First of all i have an old setup(gtx970+i5 4690) so it can be totally the issue but after reading the same thing with much more recent and higher end users have the same issues,im not sure anymore.

I saw a lot of screenshots/streams/videos and the game looks really sharp really high quality and detailed in other words looks pretty.(im in no way asking the same quality as some streamers with high end setups i know my pc old but why would 2023 game downgrade my textures so low that the graphics looks like its from 2005 era(tried to link image but i cant)maybe itā€™s a bad comparison because as the OP said itā€™s the textures just lack any detail/sharpness(blurry) for example even in cutscenes:painted glass its all blurry,lilith horn blurry/jagged lot of floor things everywhere i go.Itā€™s such a weird problem and if i play a game that is required a better pc than mine its the usually symptoms are:low fps/my gpu+cpu working hard/lagging and none of it is present + some of the textures are fine.

Tried fixes:
-downloaded high res textures(i know its usually for 4k but just trying)
-reinstalled/repaired multiple times
-deleted Nvidia cache/D4 cfg files
-tried multiple graphic settings
-updated gpu driver

PS:Its fair if anyone here thinks its because my hardware just trying to add some input.

2 Likes

I hope blizzard gonna drop soon a patch for this problem ā€¦ itā€™s really sad to finish de campaign without enjoying the graphics and art of the gameā€¦

2 Likes

I have the same specs (970/4790k; recommended requirements by Blizzard btw).
I know my rig is old and Iā€™m not asking to play on ultra or all maxed high, but clearly something is wrong with the game because some textures load how they should while others just donā€™t (a random dungeon door, the TP, some pieces of gear or some objects in the in-game cinematics).

1 Like

Hello, sorry for my english I from France. My config is : RTX3070 laptop

So i have the same bug of texture dont loadā€¦ I come to take refuge here because I made a post on the ā€œDiablo 4 Communityā€ on Facebook and I am insulted and mocked.

3 Likes

Same issue hereā€¦ Kind of glad to see Iā€™m not alone, hope they manage to fix whatever the problem is. The kind of blocky smudges Iā€™m seeing almost look like play test place holder textures, not something youā€™d ship a game like this with. Only just started playing today and the first time you see Lilith in-game isā€¦ a bit of a let down when she looks like a$$.
I tried adjusting the global graphics card settings but it didnā€™t seem to work.

2 Likes

Same here! Just some textures looks like an old game. The overall game looks awesome, but some details annoy me, and my slider of the texture config is locked to medium.

1 Like

Hey guys.
First of all I had the same problem, but I found a solution.
In my case I could only select up to medium for a texture quality setting.
I have 16 GB RAM, GTX 1660 super ventus xs oc, amd ryzen 6 2600 @ 4gz.
But medium textures look like diablo 2.
At first I chose not to download HQ Textures because I misread their description and thought they were only fit for 4k resolution, but turns out theyā€™re just an OG HD texture pack (I think) like they used to do back 10 years ago in other titles. To cut to the point, I went into task manager and realised I only had 8gb of ram and 1 of 4 DIMM slot used.
Went into windows settings, and saw I still only had 8gb of ram.
I thought wait ? Do I only have 8 gb of ram ? Are these 4gbx2 ? So I checked and turns out NO. I have 8gb x2 of course. So I reseated my ram in the correct slots and back after starting up launched my game, there we go, I can even pick Ultra setting. As for the shadow quality.
I hope this will help some. AND NO, you donā€™t need 32 gb of ram to enable ultra settings.

2 Likes

It looks ok, just not close to AAA game good.
Also on consoles it looks pretty poor, they barely utilised any of the power of the current gen systems for either textures or framerates. I cant attest to high end PC performance, I hope that is better.

Just adding I have the same issue. Waypoint is super noticeable, as are some statues and boards sometimes. Havenā€™t tried to mess with settings too much to fix it, but going to disable the Nvidia settings later in case thatā€™s the problem.

2 Likes

I also have the same issue.

BETA was beautiful, this looks like everything is pixilated and not worth Ā£60.

1 Like

i have the same issue. Terrain and skills looks good but armor design looks horrible

same problem, very noticeable with middle of the waypoints or the ground / carpets

1 Like

Same issue. Armor on a character looks like its from year 2005. Any solution to this yet ?

Still not found anything :frowning: come on blizzard ! Patch this

https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo4/comments/1454oqe/blurry_textures_on_2k_any_idea_why/

this somehow worked for me: Fix Diablo 4 Graphics Issues On PC - YouTube

when I boot up the game some textures are still low, but now they load after a while. I also lost some FPS due to high textures being loaded but atleast it works

I have the exact same issue!!! RTX 3070 Ryzen 5 3600x 16GB
Funny thing is, that the first launch of the game, everything looked amazing.
I played id 3 hours later and baaaaaam! blurry textures like its everything on LOW, what is happening, is there any solution? BLIZZARD ?

EDIT:
OK. I tried something, and worked for me! When you are in the menu choosing one of your characters, set te setting on MEDIUM and save, then, set the setting on ULTRA and save. This worked for me, before that the game didnt make any changes from low to ultra, now is on ultra!!!

If it works for you, please spread the word!

So Iā€™ve been trying to reproduce this in my PC with two different cards, the 4070 Ti and 4090.

Certain objects or textures looking more blurry/low res than the rest of the image only seems to happen on the 4070 Ti at 4k ultra with high res assets installed. On the 4090 the problem never occurs at all and everything is the same uniform resolution and has the same texture quality. Iā€™m using the exact same settings and resolution for both the 4070 Ti and the 4090, and they both have the same Ada Lovelace microarchitecture and drivers. The difference seems to be the difference in their VRAM, and I suspect thereā€™s some compression going on to make the game run better on lower VRAM cards. It was pretty well known from beta that the game is relatively RAM and VRAM heavy.

Same issue here. Some textures look fine, but some are really, really bad, not only during gameplay but also in cinematicsā€¦ First cinematic with Lilith in the church, some elements looked really ugly with such low quality resā€¦ My PC is not high end but it meets the recommended requirements, this is unacceptable.

4 Likes

Everyone should blast the devs on twitter about this. I am experiencing similar issues and informed Rod on twitter. The more channels, the more awarness. Just saying. :slight_smile:

This issue has been bugging me since day 1 and I just now figured out something that worked for me so I thought I should share. From my testing the issue is that the ā€˜highā€™ preset textures are just bad, or more accurately put they are very inconsistent. This caused some textures to stand out as looking not fully loaded. Whenever I attempted to run the ā€˜Ultraā€™ textures I would experience massive stuttering that really degraded the experience so I thought I didnā€™t have another choice than to just deal with it.

At first I was only using DLAA, but I found that a combination of DLSS set to quality, and textures set to ā€˜Ultraā€™ fixed the stuttering and texture issue. To further smooth out the experience I set the frame limit to 90. The combination of ultra textures and uncapped frame rate were maxing out my CPU usage and it was causing some minor hitching. If you are running a better CPU than me you may not need to set a limit. My VRAM usage dropped from 8.1GB peak, 7.8GB avg to 7.7 GB peak, 7.4 GB avg.

I definitely think that some optimization could be done on Blizzardā€™s part to address this. Especially considering some textures on high look 10x better than others. Even if the high textures cannot be further optimized, which I donā€™t believe to be the case, just making them more consistent would go a long way. Seeing one or two textures look like they are on low while 98% of the other on screen textures look amazing really distracts from the experience.

I hope this helps some of you.

Screenshots comparing the two settings: imgur ā€“ /a/eDlDsJr

PC Specs

CPU: i5-11400
GPU: 3060 ti 8 GB
Ram: 32 GB
Monitor: 165 Hz