Blurry/Low res textures

thats not really true. a lot of games are finish. sadly recently some Triple AAA games were a mess on release. Diablo IV is far away from a mess, i mostly enjoy it, but when playing it i always have the feeling its not ready. Compared to D2 and D3 a lot of stuff is missing or feels like a placeholder.

3 Likes

I donā€™t know why, but the ultra-options with high-resolution packs have low-resolution statues, which are a very important part of this game, along with some other minor issues. However, the most annoying aspect is the statues. They appear low-res, as if they are from the year 2002. I mean, Diablo 2 Resurrected looks much better in terms of textures.

Yes, indeed, the game has a very dark atmosphere, which is great, but once again, there are too many low-resolution and unattractive statues that ruin the overall vibe. I can see a beautiful wall with an amazing candlestick filled with intricate details, and then right next to it, thereā€™s a statue with fewer details than the candlestick or even a brick in the wall.

https://imgur.com/a/bNReMCh 

lol, itā€™s ā€œtagedā€ as mature content.

This is exactly what the game look like in all graphics options (low medium or high) changing the overall pre settings change nothing in the final result, always those blurry low texturesā€¦ when Iā€™m gonna play it back, I gonna share some screenshots. I hope with the worldwide release, many people gonna have the same issue and blizzard gonna patch it

3 Likes

Everyone has this problem, the meshy loo for characters in motion has been an issue since alpha/beta, I had hoped that before launch this would be fixed, but it looks like d2r will be looking clearer/cleaner than d4, at least for now. perhaps someday they will finish refining it.

4 Likes

Came here to say that I have this issue too.

1 Like

Welcome horadrims of low/blurry textures ! Our fight is to win against this demoniac issue :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Same issue here. I suspect the issue is due to low video memory.

My graphics card: Geforce 2060 TI.

1 Like

It doesnā€™t seem like the issues has to do with anyoneā€™s computer. As people posting have a verity of high end or low end computers; yet having the same problems. It seems more like some of the devs werenā€™t paying attention and/or goofed and have some of the textures pointing to the wrong file. Textures have one than one file for each one. Also, since the game has different texture quality options, there are even more files. If you have any knowledge about textures or have worked with them, the game itself doesnā€™t look like itā€™s having a possible issue of rending certain texture files (regardless the computer you have), it straight up looks like some textures are pointing to the wrong file. Which would also be why textures donā€™t change when changing settings.

4 Likes

Got same issue, low res textures like they wont even loaded up, shapeless blobs.
I got all setting maxed out
RTX 3050 Ti here.

fun fact, the first cutscene where lilith appears in vilage, there is a book that the preach reading, I cant read the letters there, and I watch random video on youtube from PS5! guy got sharp letters ;_;

3 Likes

Yeah thereā€™s definitely an issue. Many things look incredible full of detail while running at 1440p, then random objects in cutscenes/the world are like a low res/low polygon versions, less detailed than what Diablo 3 even offers. Something is not working correctly, itā€™s like random objects are rendering as they would if they were way off in the distance from the player, but instead they are right up close to the camera and should be fully loaded with full textures. Completely ruins all immersionā€¦but hey so do the many random framedrops that now happen since full launch.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve had it go above 150. But you donā€™t really need more than 100 for a game like this.

Iā€™m having this same issue. Even on the ā€˜Choose Characterā€™ screen, textures arenā€™t loading properly. In game textures are slow to load with detail, if they load at all. RX 6800 XT 16gb vram, 32gb sys ram, Ryzen 9 5900x.

1440, 100% res, no upscaling, max setting. Runs at 164 fps but textures just donā€™t load.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, however thereā€™s nothing wrong with the game. At least not so far for myself except a millisecond audio/latency issue once (speakers are older than my pc).

lol, oh, because youā€™re not having issues personally, ā€œthereā€™s nothing wrong with the game.ā€ Got it.

1 Like

From my perspective so far thereā€™s not.

Do you think itā€™s a confident tutorial ?
Someone in the comment told it worked for him but with his low audience I do not really trustā€¦

So much this. I load the game and the chest on my character looks super low res on the character selection screen but the gloves looks fine for example. It is so random.

1 Like

Gonna bump this thread because Iā€™m having similar issues, but only for random, very specific textures.

For example, a single dungeon door. And more annoyingly, a horse skin drop. It would be so cute if it didnā€™t look like it was lifted from Diablo 1 :sob:

3 Likes

I am very disappointed with Diablo 4, to the point of feeling ripped off and robbed. The game is not exactly cheap and the texture of the characters looks too blurry even if you more than meet the recommended requirements. I will not buy anything from Blizzard again, very good cinematics but you enter the game and itā€™s a shame to see it.

2 Likes

I had this issue last night, solved it by running a scan and repair and not allowing the Nvidia control panel to override any settings globally. Not sure which one fixed it, but I havenā€™t ran into any out of place quality textures yet. Hopefully that helps people