Blizzard PLEASE add basic social features (Dungeon finder, global chat, etc) This game is SO LONELY!

Agree 100%!
We need a LFG.

You can be an “online social butterfly”. That’s what I was getting at. People who just want to make friend after friend literally make me ill. It’s just my nature as an INTJ.

For the people who are saying “No” to dungeon finder…take a step back and look how you’ve made it to the level you are. If you’ve mostly leveled by yourself, then you’re a solo player.

Did you have a pre-made guild right off the start to get you boosted to your current level? Sure, that happens. Players form guilds to do that sort of thing. But how about the people who’ve been soloing since Level 1 up to I dunno, 50’s, 60’s even 70’s that would want to participate in group activities without being part of a guild/clan. Sure, it’s self sufficient to play at your own pace. But this is a ARPG with tons of players which should include some of the basic “multiplayer” avenues.

And people here are right, how often do you even see players talk on Local or Trade…barely.

Global, Local and Trade chat should be the most common three aspects of communication where Global should be the avenue where players can actually have conversations. Sure, some of ya’s don’t want that “toxic” life of Global, but, it’s better than playing hours without someone talking in Local or Trade chat. No one is trading stuff anyway.

Dungeon Finder should be part of a future expansion but nothing this early. Dungeon crawling solo is easy, sure, again, this is a multi-player game where the only way to play with other people is to group up with them. Unlike D2R, you can just look for a lobby, join and you’re invited into a party for D-ball runs and party up with 8 people. Easy day.

In D4, when there’s a Hell Tide, everyone is just out and about as the likes of Diablo 3 in the world slaying away.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m having a blast w/ D4, Level 67 Sorc on WT3 just slicing through mobs, getting the last of my Renown areas complete before Level 70 for WT4. I haven’t needed a grp, I haven’t ask for a group for open world or dungeon, thought I would stumble upon players in the Hell Tide. Some players are just self sufficient in their own ways, they really don’t feel the “need” to group up with other players. I see more people sitting around in towns than actually out in the open world with the exception of world bosses, then maybe you see around 10-15 players, other than that, it’s a hit or miss when you’re running around Sanctuary as vast as it is.

D4 honestly feels like a offline mode than multiplayer with as much solo playing is going around.

I mean it’s still better than the nothing we have now to help willing and wanting players to have social interaction in the game.

I’ve never understood this sort of reasoning. If people want the social interaction why would they even use these “social interaction killing” tools? Don’t use the group finder tools then. Play like you would without them… If you don’t use them you’re only missing out on playing with people who you don’t want to play with anyway.

Why is this so hard for some people to figure out? LOL

The only logical reason I can come up with for being against this is having some kind of weird disdain for people who aren’t socially inclined.

1 Like

THEN YOU HAVE THE OPTION TO NOT USE IT.

Imagine having options.

imma bump this up for the devs to see.

1 Like

now you get single player with all of those issues!

I would like to be able to just set my party as open to guild mates with a note indicating what I am doing so they are free to join if they wish. Maybe there could be a list of open parties in the guild window.

There’s too much friction for joining parties right now.

At the very least, give us global chat. So strange that they didn’t have this at release.

So why is it such a massive grind late game? Who but the die hard fans will bother? Whilst you’re entitled to your opinion I feel you’re greatly outnumbered and if blizzard doesn’t implement this very basic function (which was included in diablo 3, a game released more than 10yrs ago I might add) they’ll probably lose most of their audience pretty damn quickly.

I agree, anyone that disagrees whilst entitled to their opinion couldn’t be more wrong. It’s like for every 100 people supporting your thread you’ll have one that says otherwise, I have a really annoying friend who’s like that. If something is too popular, he goes against it.

This is a basic function that if not added will probably kill the game for all but a few die hard fans.

Reminds me of a song so I give you…

100% agree. Could you imagine if something like this happened at the release of WoW. “Here is this massive open world with dungeons, raids, world bosses, and pvp. But instead of adding anything more than /say as a chat function here is an MSN messenger server that you can join to do anything! Enjoy the game!”

They make open world and option to have 4 party members, yet no way to find them. Most people would not even group up for legion or world boss for bonus xp. It is very lonely and feels like 99% solo game.

I do not understand people logic against group finder. They can make a personal choice not to use it, why can’t people who would like to use it should be denied the option to? If I choose to find a group through such a future, how does it affect their game play? It is does not, they like to solo, they still can, it would change absolutely nothing in their quality of gaming. But please do not tell me i can’t have the option to easily find teammates because of their preferences.

The guild is a great future if people actually played and socialized in them. I am in a guild with 80 people, 3 of us play regularly, I have not seen 4 online at the same time since before the big nerfs came in. I never been a guild hopper, and something would tell me a lot of guilds are in the same state. I don’t use discord much as a group finder, tried some with not much luck. We should not need to go outside of the multiplayer game to try to find people to play with.
Group finder is a must if they want d4 to survive, but maybe they do not, since they already boasting about D5.
Does BG3 has an option to group up? Just asking for a friend…

The problem is that Blizzard doesn’t. Any game they put group content into they also always make it the best, or even worse only, way to gear at end game. I’d be fine with group finder as long as they didn’t make it so grouping was necessary to gear at end game. But sadly I think they would.

This is another big gripe i have with the game.

Why is it online only again? Just greed?

1 Like

You obviously didn’t play immortal. You should have zero input. Immortal is a full free game. All the way. You don’t need to buy anything unless you want to complete in ptw PVP or dance around like a Barbie cosplayer.

All the way to 60+ you have all gear, all dungeon finders, all grouping, all clan quests, all dallys , the collection book for monster types, world bosses and full access to the demon queues in a war party…

D4 is not even on par with immortal. At all. Not even close.

See, i do not understand that at all, you know they know how to add social futures to their games, also d3 has them as well. D4 is not offline, solo only game, so why can’t we have in game options to find groups. If someone does not want it, don’t use it, simple as that.

Think about it, people who are running in groups now, they do gear up better and faster than solo players. You level glyphs a lot faster, you can get legendaria much faster, exchange yellows. So, there is already advantage to group play over solo play in the game. With group finder more people would have an option to do so as well, while the ones who do not like group play don’t have to participate in it.

1 Like